Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TLC "Steals money from fans for new no-show album"

Kermit

Featured Posts

Kermit

TLC fans are trending #TLCisGoingToJailParty on twitter because it's been almost a year since they've raised nearly 500K for their album via kickstarter...

http://hellobeautiful.com/2015/11/01/supporters-of-tlcs-kickstarter-campaign-want-their-400k-back/

they better run...

OMm3qutmVg8KI.gif

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

PartySick

I thought this was about the TV station for a second and was confused :emma:

Still confused though. I didn't even know it was a thing to go to kickstarter to fund the production of an album. Seems like something a pair of "living legends" should be able to do without it :shrug:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

FrankGutz

i use to stan so hard for them, even had her Fanmail album, really good music :flutter:

@Ferrer Zorola you should check their music, they have good bops :music:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

I'd like to see all those people on twitter try and make an album in a year. Money or not, making a good album isn't something that is easy.

Still confused though. I didn't even know it was a thing to go to kickstarter to fund the production of an album. Seems like something a pair of "living legends" should be able to do without it :shrug:

They're broke, that's the problem. TLC has some infamy for being utterly screwed when it came to money. At their peak they were barely seeing any money go into their pockets. So naturally now when they're not everyone on every radio and TV in America they have even less money to do a project like this.

PartySick

They're broke, that's the problem. TLC has some infamy for being utterly screwed when it came to money. At their peak they were barely seeing any money go into their pockets. So naturally now when they're not everyone on every radio and TV in America they have even less money to do a project like this.

Oh that makes sense :giveup:

They should get a better legal team to get them better deals or something :green: 

Best of luck to 'em.

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

They should at least give an update though, like "Hey fans, sorry you had to not eat that month but we have a few songs written and we think you'll really like them"

He/They

RAMROD

I remember this and is still waiting for that album tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Oh mess @ Twitter fans… I understand they're mad or confused about the limbo that the album and their money is in right now. But #TLCIsGoingToJailParty!? They're doin too much. Goodnight.

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

TimisaMonster

You betta call them out :teehee:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Yeah a lot of artists are doing that now, and it works really well if you can trust the artist. I funded the production of Amanda Palmer's last record and I was really impressed with the product I received.

Sites like Kickstater and Patreon are great options for independent artists, but I also think think it's great for "living legends" who have large fan bases but no chance at achieving the mainstream traction they once had. They can give the art straight to the people who actually want it, without having to jump threw record label hoops.

The key is honoring your deadline, but more importantly honoring the people funding your project...which TLC doesn't seem to be doing.

tbh I can see their point. the very least they should be doing is regularly updating them on how it's coming along.

Ferrer Zorola

i use to stan so hard for them, even had her Fanmail album, really good music :flutter:

@Ferrer Zorola you should check their music, they have good bops :music:

waterfalls and unpretty are bops! but this has got to be a career low :deadbanana:

LIFE IS GOOD

FrankGutz

They should at least give an update though, like "Hey fans, sorry you had to not eat that month but we have a few songs written and we think you'll really like them"

but they did last month tho (sep 24)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1507621537/tlc-is-back-to-make-our-final-album-with-you/posts/1362848

The key is honoring your deadline, but more importantly honoring the people funding your project...which TLC doesn't seem to be doing.

well, they're still working on the album, and i would rather a good album, then something rushed and bland

"Hey TLC fans!

After seeing and greeting so many of you on our tour this summer, we took a short break and now we are in the studio recording our new album with Ron Fair, coming out in 2016. The music is coming out great and it's only with your support of TLC on Kickstarter that this is possible. We thank you and promise that we will continue rolling out all the Kickstarter prizes except the album by mid-October. We are moving the album back to 2016, so that we will have more time to finish the record the TLC way. Thanks as always for your love and support and we can't wait to deliver a new record and tour next year."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1507621537/tlc-is-back-to-make-our-final-album-with-you/posts/1362848

waterfalls and unpretty are bops! but this has got to be a career low :deadbanana:

Fanmail is a masterpiece :giveup:  and yes, Unpretty & Waterfalls are god :legend:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz

I remember this and is still waiting for that album tbh.

2016 sis :flower:

Archived