đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

And The Top Selling Female Albums of Billboard's 2015 Will Be..

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

The Billboard Year started with the chart dated December 6, 2014 and will go until the chart dated November 28, 2015 (The actual date is November 17th, because Billboard charts are dated 11 days ahead of actual dates.) So here's the top three females album of the 2015 Billboard Year. We got three charting weeks left so I HIGHLY doubt this will change. (The first three weeks of 1989 charted in the 2014 Billboard Year). The first two albums' sales are up to date. The third one's number was at 672,000 six weeks ago, so I estimated where it would be at now. Also, this is just based on sales, no streaming included. Adele's album will be released in the first week of Billboard 2016 Year, so watch out 2016.

1) 1989 - Taylor Swift: 3,354,000 

Taylor-Swift-Shocked-and-Surprised-GIF.g

2) Title - Meghan Trainor: 868,000

tumblr_ni4w53NhSh1qd4z2ko2_400.gif

3) The Pinkprint - Nicki Minaj: ~690,000

nicki-8.gif

These three ladies will also likely be name the top three female artists of 2015 by Billboard, as well

Serendipity

I wonder if 21 will chart this year too :pumpkat:

I'm like meh! :pumpkat:

I wish we had more female pop stars release this year:pumpkat:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

PartySick

Um :awkney: 

Slow year for music, huh? I am surprised to see Trainor outsell Nicki though :omg:

Hoping that Gaga can slay the 2016 charts :legend:

đź–¤

Riot Poof

Barely anyone major released this year. :air:

At least this means 2016 will be lit! :party:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

DiscoHeaven23

Barely anyone major released this year. :air:

At least this means 2016 will be lit! :party:

Ya Billboard had an article about how its a cycle. One year its the guys year, one year its the girls year and they flip flop. Not always true, but based on how artists release albums (every 2 to 3 years) it makes sense. 

Is there only a female list? Hmm.

Anyway, congrats to Nicki and Taylor; they both released amazing albums! :party:

I have yet to listen to Title.

Riot Poof

Ya Billboard had an article about how its a cycle. One year its the guys year, one year its the girls year and they flip flop. Not always true, but based on how artists release albums (every 2 to 3 years) it makes sense. 

I've noticed this too.

That would also explain why random songs become #1s. Most of the major pop women like to release at around the same time (for some reason), and when their eras are done/almost done, the one-hit wonders come out.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Tragic year for female sales. 1989 was released in 2014 so no album with platinum certification this year. And 2016 seems to continue this trend. Rihanna, Britney and Pink have very little chances for 1 million sales. Adele has to save the industry

DiscoHeaven23

I've noticed this too.

That would also explain why random songs become #1s. Most of the major pop women like to release at around the same time (for some reason), and when their eras are done/almost done, the one-hit wonders come out.

good insight. very true

DiscoHeaven23

Is there only a female list? Hmm.

Anyway, congrats to Nicki and Taylor; they both released amazing albums! :party:

I have yet to listen to Title.

I would do men too, but nobody on here seem to ever care ha. 

Paper Gangsta

I would do men too, but nobody on here seem to ever care ha. 

Are these pure sales or SPS?

Also, didn't TPP sell 690k in total? Not just 2015?

Archived