💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney Star playing gay **** star in new movie

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Sizzily

Flop thread with flop opinions tbh. I don't give a **** if the actor isn't gay. Tough **** for gay actors but what****ingever. I'm not gonna see it anyway.

One Banned Boi

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

It just doesn't make sense to me, their stories are so often pushed out of the way and then when their stories DO come up, straight people are the ones to tell it :emma:

That's not true though :smh: The writer tells the story. It's actually the WRITERS, according to your theory, that should be gay.

DrewStevens

But being poor =/= being gay :dies:

IDK how else to explain it but there's just certain things that people will never be able to encapsulate....

You could imagine what being poor is like, we're always bombarded with that theme in movies and tv and in real life!

But i think minorities shoudn't be touched.

It just doesn't make sense to me, their stories are so often pushed out of the way and then when their stories DO come up, straight people are the ones to tell it :emma:

Poor people are a "minority". They struggle with many things, even worse things than the common gay man.

Lucifer

i dont understand what you're trying to say

You said yourself that no straight guy would ever be able to capture "the gay experience". So if two guys played the same role. One gay, one straight. Could you honestly tell which one who were gay? And what would make the difference? What is so special about being gay that only gay guys can capture? Are we different from others? 

Serendipity

I leave for 1 hour and this thread has 8 pages already :ghost:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

ARTPOPdidntflop

Do you even know what this movie is about? :air::air: It's about the murder of a producer of gay films. This movie is not about what it's like to be gay or whatever you're describing. There's no reason this actor can't play the part, esp. since it's based on an actual person who can be met and talked to and has tons of video footage to base your performance on.

I mean, it's far more respectful to base your performance on a specific person than just positing a way too vague and also kind of disrespectful "gay experience" (just one? how fascinating) to point out that straights could never embody a gay character.

I guess a gay guy can never play a kissing or s-x scene with a woman either, I mean it's just insane and you know it.

well yes there is a gay experience that you can generalise

It comes with many facets that many gay men and woman can identify with, hyper-s-xualisation, discrimination, never being seen as the norm.

So yes I don't think straight people could ever truly identify with a gay character

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Gianni Versace

Flop thread with flop opinions tbh. I don't give a **** if the actor isn't gay. Tough **** for gay actors but what****ingever. I'm not gonna see it anyway.

at least you're upfront about it :smh:

Gianni Versace

I leave for 1 hour and this thread has 8 pages already :ghost:

probably not for the reasons you expected, right? :lmao:

ARTPOPdidntflop

You said yourself that no straight guy would ever be able to capture "the gay experience". So if two guys played the same role. One gay, one straight. Could you honestly tell which one who were gay? And what would make the difference? What is so special about being gay that only gay guys can capture? Are we different from others? 

Read what I have said previously, i never said I had a problem with straight people playing gay characters, aslong as the main theme of the character isn't that they are gay.

If the character HAPPENS to be gay then that's okay, i just don't like it if straight actors are the ones to tell the story of being gay through the muse of a gay character. 

Didymus

well yes there is a gay experience that you can generalise

It comes with many facets that many gay men and woman can identify with, hyper-s-xualisation, discrimination, never being seen as the norm.

So yes I don't think straight people could ever truly identify with a gay character

And yet you reject experiences of poverty, s-xual abuse, d--g addiction, slavery etc. etc. as not being important for an actor to accurately portray people who have gone through it. A mess. You're creating a double standard and it's quite comical.

ARTPOPdidntflop

And yet you reject experiences of poverty, s-xual abuse, d--g addiction, slavery etc. etc. as not being important for an actor to accurately portray people who have gone through it. A mess. You're creating a double standard and it's quite comical.

I already explained why those experiences are different but if you choose to ignore that, then I have no more business replying, if you're not going to attempt to read my posts clearly.

I also know you haven't read what i've said because I already said I disagree with the trivialization of d--gs in cinema. Drugs shouldn't be glorified in the way that they are

Didymus

I already explained why those experiences are different but if you choose to ignore that, then I have no more business replying, if you're not going to attempt to read my posts clearly

I know why, I read them carefully: you say that being gay defines you, yet when someone asks you about how this happens, you refer to specific experiences that have nothing to do with a person's s-xuality status. Which makes it laughable that you reject other experiences that come during a person's life and define a person's experience of life.

ARTPOPdidntflop

I know why, I read them carefully: you say that being gay defines you, yet when someone asks you about how this happens, you refer to specific experiences that have nothing to do with a person's s-xuality status. Which makes it laughable that you reject other experiences that come during a person's life and define a person's experience of life.

Even though many people saw me as straight, the fact that I knew deep inside( :hunty:) I wasn't the same as my peers and the stigma that came along with it affected me in a way I hadn't realised until I was older.

anyone can do d--gs, not everyone can be gay, be black, be asian, be latina, be trans. Yes gay defines you but on a greater scale to that of d--gs (which i do not agree with how it's portrayed btw). Even if you don't recognise it, the stigma that comes along with being gay manifests itself in different ways in every gay man's life. I'd be lying to myself if I didn't say me being gay hadn't molded me different to my peers through my teen years and adult life

Lucifer

Read what I have said previously, i never said I had a problem with straight people playing gay characters, aslong as the main theme of the character isn't that they are gay.

If the character HAPPENS to be gay then that's okay, i just don't like it if straight actors are the ones to tell the story of being gay through the muse of a gay character. 

but you didn't anser any of my questions. I didn't ask you if you thought it was okay or not. You talk as if there's a huge difference between gay and straight people. and I don't think you'd be sure about who's gay or not if two guys did the same role. I'm honestly very curious about this gay experience

Archived