đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney Star playing gay **** star in new movie

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Didymus

I do love though how first the argument was that no gay people are ever cast and that now, plenty of examples have been provided and people either just don't reply and leave the thread or change the topic :smh:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gianni Versace

There's nothing wrong with what you want but it's a bit closed minded to expect all directors to cast minorities for the sake of casting minorities. It's all about their vision of the film :shrug: 

Plus, I'm sure gay actors would love other roles to play. Only casting gay actors to play gay characters is pretty limiting as well. 

i agree with your second point but it's not really "for the sake of casting minorities" when the movie involves minorities, you know?

i mean i'm not asking for gay people to play just any role, but when it's a role about gay people, i don't think it's too much to ask that a gay person play those roles more often than they do.

Didymus

i mean i'm not asking for gay people to play just any role, but when it's a role about gay people, i don't think it's too much to ask that a gay person play those roles more often than they do.

Can you finally say why?

Gianni Versace

I do love though how first the argument was that no gay people are ever cast and that now, plenty of examples have been provided and people either just don't reply and leave the thread or change the topic :smh:

i know you aren't subbing me...

please show me just exactly where i said no gay people are ever cast? please do! i'll wait. :lmao:

my argument has been the same since i been in this thread: gay people (that are good actors) should play gay roles. period. i haven't backtracked at all. 

On topic guys... :smh:

It's interesting that this guy was given the gay star role out of nowhere considering he's a "disney star". Maybe this is his first step to come out ?  JS + the rumors it kinda makes sense. Anyway I feel happy for him, he's at least trying not to stay as just another forgotten disney star.

underneath the pine

Evan Peters

James Franco is seriously so nasty, i do not get how anyone can find that man attractive, he looks like he smells like unwashed balls 

emma roberts is an abuser

Lucifer

please show me just exactly where i said no gay people are ever cast? please do! i'll wait. :lmao:

my argument has been the same since i been in this thread: gay people (that are good actors) should play gay roles. period. i haven't backtracked at all. 

Why do they need to be gay?

Gianni Versace

James Franco is seriously so nasty, i do not get how anyone can find that man attractive, he looks like he smells like unwashed balls 

:lmao:

that's kind of a kink tho... isn't that why some gays smell men's underwear? 

Gianni Versace

Why do they need to be gay?

if the movie is about gays, it's not wrong to want gay men in the actual movie. 

Didymus

"maybe it's because they AREN'T BEING BOOKED" @ someone who said they didn't know any gay actor. "LBGT people aren't being casted unless they're masc/ straight passing or closeted!!!"

You did have a main argument though, but you also ignored the posts that proved these above statements wrong. My post was meant more for ARTPOPdidntflop though :lolly:

why what? 

Why should a director cast at least one gay actor in a movie about gays? You've been repeating that but you haven't given one good reason why and I already debunked the "disrespect" argument (which you ignored, of course).

Lucifer

if the movie is about gays, it's not wrong to want gay men in the actual movie. 

Obviously not wrong at all. Nobody has said that it is wrong. But it isn't any more right either. And why would it be more right? You are acting as if the casting crew are being disrespectful. Why?

Besides, the article only reveals 3 of the casted actors. And you've already jumped to conclutions. :coffee:

Gianni Versace

"maybe it's because they AREN'T BEING BOOKED" @ someone who said they didn't know any gay actor. "LBGT people aren't being casted unless they're masc/ straight passing or closeted!!!"

You did have a main argument though, but you also ignored the posts that proved these above statements wrong. My post was meant more for ARTPOPdidntflop though :lolly:

Why should a director cast at least one gay actor in a movie about gays? You've been repeating that but you haven't given one good reason why and I already debunked the "disrespect" argument (which you ignored, of course).

i'm sorry that i can't be bothered to reply to every single one of these posts. :smh:

and that was clearly a joke but i see you took out the lmao emote to fit to your agenda :lmao: and yes, my second statement was a little general and i'll give you that but you can't say it isn't true for the most part. it is harder for fem gays to get jobs because their roles are limited, which is why it's important that the roles that they can qualify for are open to them.

i've said the answer to your question multiple times :smh: because representation is important. I like to know that there are gays (not only masc. or straight-passing ones but fem and colored ones) out there succeeding. that's why. i

ARTPOPdidntflop

American Horror Story: Season 4 Episode 11, Neil Patrick Harris plays WHITE STRAIGHT and has s-x with a girl (or two :green: ). The blasphemy, only straight roles should be played by straight people! 

Although, I am conflicted about the race thing. It's something to think about but I still feel it's okay because being gay isn't a culture, it's just a gender you have s-x with. You can act s-x but you can't really act a race.

Did you really just name 1 example and then try to act like you dragged my post :lmao:

Neil patrick harris only came out a few yrs ago

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

He's attractive.

WHY DON'T THEY GET REAL GAY PEOPLE TO PLAY GAY ROLES IN FILMS????????? It's not like there aren't any gay actors available.

They are actors. And I guess they're trying to win the female demographic by having a handsome straight guy in the film.

Archived