Featured Posts

artRaver

She still could've gave some type of credits to the original artist.  :stalkga:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She still could've gave some type of credits to the original artist.  :stalkga:

erm no, ofcourse not. The credit belongs to The one who made the (Derivative) art, not The source of that. It would defeat The whole purpose... It just doesnt work that way. She has done absolutely nothing wrong.

As an example, think of ARTPOP cover art. Its made and credited to Koons, eventhough it uses parts of other art works. Its a perfect example of derivative art. :) that how it works and its perfectly ok.

CanCan we now move away from stupid hate and negativity please :) on all sides.

Edited the title since saying Madonna STOLE that person's work is a little bit of a stretch. :) Tried to make it more accurate to cut back on the flaming. 

Evil R

The artist who made The used work is properly CREDITED. Madonna didnt use The original painting, but New modified art that uses parts of that painting.

Thank you.

This issue is between BessNYC and the artist in the OP, I wrote it in page 6; but now it's page 16 and people are still attacking (probably because of hatred).

The artist in the OP should have known that too. Well, maybe he knows but he chose the other way.

Thank you.

This issue is between BessNYC and the artist in the OP, I wrote it in page 6; but now it's page 16 and people are still attacking (probably because of hatred).

The artist in the OP should have known that too. Well, maybe he knows but he chose the other way.

yeah, and like I said in couple of my last posts, this is a matter of derived art, so I am pretty sure BessNYC has a right under that to create New art using parts/modifying existing artwork. Perfectly legal and done everywhere. Hence there really isn't an issue here. (The original artist probably also figured this out).

dlioncourt91

Firstly, most of the artwork on the backdrop comes off her Instagram submitted by fans who have made this. The fact so many Monsters here are already willing to throw stones and calling her various names are simply showing their hate for Madonna.

Should she get permission to use it for future shows? Yes.
Should she compensate said artist? Yes.
Should she blamed for posting fans artwork? No.

End post.

Firstly, most of the artwork on the backdrop comes off her Instagram submitted by fans who have made this. The fact so many Monsters here are already willing to throw stones and calling her various names are simply showing their hate for Madonna.

Should she get permission to use it for future shows? Yes.
Should she compensate said artist? Yes.
Should she blamed for posting fans artwork? No.

End post.

Actually no, she doesnt need permission  NOR has to compensated The original artist. She didnt use her work. She needs permision from The artist who made The derivated art piece used in The montage. And she has done that. So she has done nothing wrong. Please check couple of posts above that explain The situation and The derivated art in copyright law. :)

dlioncourt91

Actually no, she doesnt need permission  NOR has to compensated The original artist. She didnt use her work. She needs permision from The artist who made The derivated art piece used in The montage. And she has done that. So she has done nothing wrong. Please check couple of posts above that explain The situation and The derivated art in copyright law. :)

My mistake for not being too familiar. However, I am defending Madonna in this situation compared to endless "reductive" and "thief" posts above. I swear, this place jumps on the woman any chance they get. She could be Gaga's baby's godmother and they'll still bash her for things that happened years ago. 

My mistake for not being too familiar. However, I am defending Madonna in this situation compared to endless "reductive" and "thief" posts above. I swear, this place jumps on the woman any chance they get. She could be Gaga's baby's godmother and they'll still bash her for things that happened years ago. 

haha yeah, unfortunately true... I hope one day The hate will end on all sides. :)

And no I didnt mean that you were not defending her, I just corrected you now that we have finally resolved The issue. :) 

Archived