💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Artist's work submitted by fan to Madonna without permission

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

tumblr_nvh0pkcvwr1s2r9t4o1_1280.jpg

"Back in January, it came to my attention that Madonna’s social media team had been using a series of 3 of images in a campaign on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with her head superimposed on my paintings to promote her new album “Rebel Heart". I’m pretty easy going, and never wanted to make a big stink about things; all I wanted was for this to be fair and civil— everyone in my circle felt I should “sue! Sue her!“, etc” but I didn’t want to make a big stink about things, just because it was a high profile name. But despite my messages / emails to Liz Rosenburg (her agent) commenting on the said social media posts, and the MANY posts of people defending the work / calling her out on it, the messages were overlooked and ignored, and the work was never credited. I’m used to getting the BS line of “we love your work, but unfortunately we don’t have a budget to pay you, but it will be great exposure for you and will get you lots of work as a result!” And while yes, it is flattering to see a world icon use my work, she also has a net worth of close to $800 million, so budget definitely isn’t an issue, and I can honestly say, considering who it is we’re taking about, I would have been MORE than happy to just be credited, and have the exposure a high profile name like Madonna would have provided. I mean, in doing the math, off of Instagram, the images got a collected 145,000 + likes, on Facebook, some 77,000+ likes, and Twitter, about 1,000+reposts. That’s some serious exposure that was leeched from me and my art, and used to promote her agenda. I got caught up with some work, and kind of forgot about the whole thing a few weeks later, and just wrote it off as a ‘’so this one time Madonna used my artwork” experience, y’know, one of those.

NOW  (since the Rebel Heart tour kicked off)… I found out the art is being used on her “Rebel Heart” tour from a friend who recognized the work during the show. I’ve seen at least 4 youtube videos that show it, as it’s part of a loop played during her song “Rebel Heart”. Granted it’s a SMALL part of the show, but I was never A.) asked, and B.) COMPLETELY ignored when I called her staff / team out on improper use of my creative property.

I think what I’m upset about through all this is, the whole experience only perpetuates the frustration we artists have of getting ripped off, and taken advantage of. I worked hard to make those paintings, well over 100+ hours put into making them and well, if Madonna can just take them and use them for shameless self promotion, she has no right getting upset / suing people who use her work without asking. You might be Madonna, but BITCH, I’M MAD ON A few different levels. You stole my material, girl.

Tumblr community, can you please share this, and pass it around, in an attempt to highlight her hypocrisy, and speak out for the MANY artists who are taken advantage of, be it knowingly, or unknowingly. Thank you so much!

#madonna #dannyquirkartwork #stolen #rebelheart"

THE ORIGINAL SOURCE/POST HAS BEEN VERY LIKELY REMOVED BY MADONNA'S MANAGMENT AND LEGAL TEAM

Copy of the post:

http://blog.franchesca.net/post/130502282732/dannyquirkartwork-back-in-january-it-came-to

Original artist:

http://dannyquirkartwork.tumblr.com/

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did she seriously pasted her face on somebody's paintings on MS Paint and used them as backdrops? :air: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

elijahfan

I think the backdrop during this portion of the show is composed with artworks submitted by fans, so there's a good chance Madonna has no idea about this situation. But now that the original artist has complained, they obviously should do something.

Gohan

Inb4 her Medonsters justify her by saying "she's promoting her! That's not stealing! She's been doing that since 1899!"

I love how the girl woke up and realized how that crosses the line of "promoting".

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Shameful. :madge:

Internet is not for her. :emma: 

Did she seriously pasted her face on somebody's paintings on MS Paint and used 

Her fans did.

They steal the art and put her face on it, she shared some of those before on her IG.

FreePalestine

barcodemonster

"You might be Madonna, but BITCH, I’M MAD ON A few different levels. You stole my material, girl." :lmao: 

scan my barcode

Archived