Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What are your thoughts on Stadium Concerts ?

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster

I've been to couple stadium concert myself. But either I had front row(sometimes called diamond circle) tickets, or had general admission ticket, and came to venue so early that I can be close to front row. 

If you are close to stage, stadium concerts feel amazing. All these people, amazing ambiance. But I did not hear great things about stadium concerts from my friend who had tickets at bleachers. They told that it was too far away (expected since average soccer pitch is 100m long + side areas, and acoustic was really bad.

So What are your thoughts on stadium concerts? How were your stadium concert experiences? 

Arenas are the perfect size for a concert. It provides big sound without sacrificing on intimacy. Stadiums are just too big for my taste. I'd never want to risk wasting money on a seat with bad acoustics. I love that feeling when the bass shakes you to your core and will forever look forward to that feeling ever since my artRAVE ended.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

I hate stadium shows. If there's no wind, any fog/fire etc just lingers around and it's horrible. Sound doesn't bounce off the walls at stadiums so the artists just echo and it's even worse at rap concerts bc you can't understand what they're saying. It doesn't feel as personal and idk I hope Gaga never does a stadium show here in Aus lol.

Ray of Light

They're for performers like this:

madonna-sticky-sweet-tour-1.jpg

NOT this:

Content removed due to photographic copyright violation - TAS © 2015 All Rights Reserved 

I've only been to 1 stadium concert and that was The Born This Way Ball :laughga: We arrived at the time that we were allowed to start queueing but people had already been there for hours so there was obviously some miscommunication with the rules because the venue weren't allowed to let people queue for so long, if we knew we could've then we would've :giveup: Plus that specific venue didn't have a covered queueing area and it was a hot day so that sucked :rip: 

The actual concert itself was great though! :party: We were 1st or 2nd line from the runway (so JUST outside the Monster Pit :cry: ) so our view was awesome :wao: But yeah those 2 hours were lovely but I'm just not a fan of the venue (Twickenham Stadium) because it's a 10-15min walk from the train station and when you're worming your way through thousands of people all going to the train station it's not fun and takes much longer. I'd rather have a smaller venue that's literally at the station (O2 Arena) and the queueing area's covered :sweat: 

Even with arena concerts I just can't do seating anymore (unless it's the only option) because I'm in love with GA because I always line up for enough time that I get a really good standing spot :flutter: I had seating at my first The Monster Ball Tour concert and that was good but GA was much better for me, so I can't imagine how seating would be at a stadium concert, I'm pretty sure I'd never get seated at a stadium concert unless I had no other choice :emma: So yeah stadium concerts just amplify the problems I have with seated tickets, so overall I'd prefer to go to concerts in arenas :yes: 

They feel epic but I hate them. For the Born This Way Ball and the MDNA Tour I had what would have been really good seats at an arena but since it was a stadium I was so far away I couldn't see ****, so I hate that about those types of show.

On the other hand, I saw On The Run at one of the Paris dates at Stade de France and it was just amazing :legend: Like, I cannot picture that show at an arena, the scope of it was meant for a big ass stadium

who will love me when the night is over

StrawberryBlond

I used to think the idea of them was the ultimate idea for every performer, that the biggest performers in the world should do them every time. But after going to see Pink and Gaga in stadiums, I started viewing it all a bit differently. Stadiums are a nightmare to get into - you can be queueing for a long time to get in if there's a big crowd of you and the queue for the toilets can be insane. As most stadiums are geared towards football crowds and they're mostly male, there may be only one set of women's toilets while men will have two sets, maybe more. Going to see Pink, the situation was so bad that the women just started using the men's toilets and we all had to shield our eyes at the urinals when we went past! Trying to find the right place to stand is equally annoying and you'll always find yourself drifting away from you preferred spot as the crowd gets bigger or you get pushed aside. Also, departing a stadium with 40,000 people means that it'll take forever for you to leave the area and get home, even if you're walking. Then there's no cover to protect against any cold, warm or wet weather. If you're seated, you'll definitely feel like you're too far away and the sound won't be as good. Honestly, seeing Gaga at arenas was far better than a stadium. She envelopes an arena better and seems to prefer them. You feel so much more closer and intimate, not to mention more comfortable overall. Toilets are easy to get to and there's lots of them and food and drink is also much easier to get. You'll get back to your spot easier and be allowed to get in and out so much better.

I'd honestly prefer several arena dates over a stadium these days. It means you can see your fave more than once and if you don't get tickets intiailly, you stand the chance again if more dates are added. If there's one thing that the dwindling touring market has done in the last few years, it's convincing me that stadium tours are over-rated. Stadiums should be reserved mainly for countries you only need one date for, countries rarely visited or for that one big massive hit album. But for the most part, it should be arenas.

They're for performers like this:

madonna-sticky-sweet-tour-1.jpg

NOT this:

Content removed due to photographic copyright violation - TAS © 2015 All Rights Reserved 

Please tell me you wrote that bit at the bottom and it genuinely wasn't removed by her. ;)

SweetEscape

I went to the artRAVE show in Athens at the Olympic Stadium, and even though we only got the main stage (no catwalks), I actually enjoyed it much better this way coz I was standing in front of the stage and had a perfect view all the time :nick:  The only problem was that the music sounded a bit distorted at some points, but it was barely noticeable.

Archived