Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Lana Del Rey Wrong?

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Del Rey said of the LP, "It's very different from the last one and similar to the first two, Born to Die and Paradise.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lana-del-rey-serenades-in-amorous-old-world-salvatore-20150915

Personally, even though in my opinion it's not like anything she's done before, I find it being closer to UV than BTD or Paradise. What do you guys think? :lolly:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

JustPokeHerFace

It's a combination of BTD/Paradise and UV, with a few added elements. Some songs sound like a matured BTD, some sound like a sunnier UV, and some sound like neither. 

I think it's different than anything she's done as an album, but vocally and stylistically the only thing even similar is West Coast (and that's a bit of a stretch). I love HM! :sara:

Redstreak

Definitely :lolga: 

ffffffff

Can you blame me for always having the album of the decade on my mind? :'(

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

latina twilight

ffffffff

Can you blame me for always having the album of the decade on my mind? :'(

I didn't even notice by myself, so feel you, I guess.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Cody Draco

It's a mix of both BTD and UV, but closer to BTD and UV is closer to Paradise imo.

I actually created a playlist for the car with 6 songs from BTD and 6 songs from Honeymoon. They flow together really well.

The hip-hop beats and the lowkey trap beats fit nicely side by side.

Riot Poof

I think Honeymoon is sonically similar to Born to Die and Paradise (the orchestral instruments + the electronic beats), but the songs are slow and midtempo like the ones on Ultraviolence.

I don't think she lied because I expected the music to heavily incorporate orchestral instruments like in her first two (official) albums. I'm not disappointed. :sis:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

AlexanderLevi2

I really don't find anything iconic on this album. I really like Honeymoon, HBTB, Freak, and Art Deco. But I feel like its forgettable. Nothing like Blue Jeans, West Coast, Body Electric.

Maybe I just need to listen to it a couple more times and blast it in my car.

Currently listening to Joanne

StrawberryBlond

I definitely feel it's closer to BTD but it's a lot more epic in many ways. Ultraviolence stands out as being the one where she tried something different and it's definitely not like that. I've noticed that she's used different inspirations on each album. BTD had hip hop elements, UV had classic rock elements and this one has jazz and middle Eastern elements, which was quite surprising. Maybe the next album will have country elements or something! Everything about Honeymoon's imagery screams BTD and that's probably what's drawn people back in but there's something new for the long time fans too. I like how Lana isn't afraid to do something a little different. BTD and Paradise were just so perfect that II would have liked her to churn out copies of them for the rest of her career but she's proven to take experimentation well too and shows she's not a complete one trick pony.

It's like a mix of all three to me.

It's a mix of both BTD and UV, but closer to BTD and UV is closer to Paradise imo.

I actually created a playlist for the car with 6 songs from BTD and 6 songs from Honeymoon. They flow together really well.

What's your playlist? :flower:

Stephen

I sort of agree :laughga:  Not that that's a bad thing though, UV is amazing.

Can you post the list? :nick:

Archived