Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is MJ the greatest artist of all time?

Quark

Featured Posts

Warholian

And Madonna's impact is mellow? 

-1989 is inspired by Madonna.

- FKA Twigs (the most critically acclaimed current female artist) has a song inspired by Vogue.

- Ariana Grande performs a Madonna mash up every day on stage.

You seriously can't compare MJ to Madonna while he's had a number one single in 5 decades and has sold over 100 million more albums than Madonna. They're on completely different levels. 

Also, why are we instantly jumping to Madonna as the next greatest? Elvis? John Lennon/The Beatles? Freddie Mercury? Led Zeppelin? 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

750m albums? :lmao:  

Yeah. There are reports of him having sold that much. Is smaller reports are usually at 400M. Which is still more than Madonna.

Warholian

Ehm.. what? :awkney:

Maybe so, but you can't deny the fact that Madonna is talented and that she is a huge inspiration to a lot of artists today.

Nobody's denying that, we're all just denying the idea that she's somehow had more impact than MJ as well as more talent, etc. That's what this whole conversation is about. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Yeah. There are reports of him having sold that much. Is smaller reports are usually at 400M. Which is still more than Madonna.

400m sounds reasonable

750 is an inflation

You seriously can't compare MJ to Madonna while he's had a number one single in 5 decades, has sold over 100 million more albums than Madonna. They're on completely different levels. 

Albums sold = artistic greatness/impact? 

:stalkga:that contradiction though.

Madonna's impact is definitely comparable to The Beatles, no one influenced the next wave of newcomers in the music industry as much of these two acts did.

Warholian

First off, I never said anything about record sales not meaning anything in the aspect of comparing artists. When we're talking about over 100 million more sold, we're getting into the area of it actually making sense to bring it up. All of you guys are saying that Madonna has greater artistic talent, then your main backup is citing her album sales. 

The point here is that MJ is greater than Madonna when it comes to succes, talent, and impact. She is not even the next closest to MJ.

i am no ones lawyer

now you sit down and mind yo own business and stop being petty im done with you 

-

no ! 

Why do you keep repeating "no", when you said the same on the first page?:later:

Are you that worried that your post is according to rules so you can shade and be ON topic at all times? :excuseu:

FreePalestine

Warholian

elvis michael and madonna

:applause:

but i think madonna is the best artist from the 3 

i mean elvis didnt even write his stuff 

Do you think Madonna did? Or at least, do you think Madonna had more control over the lyrics and melodies of anything put out by her than MJ? Michael Jackson was the literal brain behind the mass majority of his work. 

Why do you keep repeating "no", when you said the same on the first page?:later:

Are you that worried that your post is according to rules so you can shade and be ON topic at all times? :excuseu:

i always make sure that my posts are on topic (unlike your posts) now run along

-

hes great but not the greatest in my book

Do you think Madonna did? Or at least, do you think Madonna had more control over the lyrics and melodies of anything put out by her than MJ? Michael Jackson was the literal brain behind the mass majority of his work. 

i prefer madonna end of story (and yes she was in control of her career, such a talented artist :applause: ) , i never said michael didnt do all that

i mentioned elvis who didnt write his own songs

The point here is that MJ is greater than Madonna when it comes to succes, talent, and impact. She is not even the next closest to MJ.

Then explain why Like a Prayer and Ray of Light are more critically acclaimed than any MJ album. :fan: 

The fact that you need to use someone as triumph as Michael in order to discredit (and fail while doing so) Madonna says it all lol

Warholian

i prefer madonna end of story, i never said michael didnt do all that

i mentioned elvis who didnt write his own songs

Well, I'm saying when you're given a lineup of Elvis, Madonna, and Michael Jackson, your reason for saying Madonna is the better artist is due to Elvis having not written his songs? I'm trying to understand where you're coming from when you're saying Madonna is somehow a greater artist than Michael Jackson. Greater talent? Songwriting ability? 

Archived