Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

Gaga Is Not Going To Be Singing In AHS: Hotel + More Info Regarding Season

CherryPi3

Featured Posts

CherryPi3

Ryan Murphy confirms Lady Gaga won’t be singing in American Horror Story.

Deadline: No musical numbers in Hotel? With Lady Gaga starring?

Murphy: No. People, keep saying to me, “What numbers are they singing, what numbers are they singing,” and I say there will be no numbers. The interesting thing is we cast a lot of singers this season but I like that singers, for the most part, are always great actors because they know how to sell a story through song, through a scene. I’m excited about that and I think that’s why Gaga was excited about it; it’s not something that she’s ever done before. It’s a pure acting part. I think people expect that she’s going to be sitting in a bar in a white silk gown sort of singing songs — she is not. The upcoming season that we’re doing is much more horror-based; it’s much more dark. It’s about a theme and an idea that’s very close to my heart that I’ve always wanted to do that’s a little bloodier and grislier I think than anything that we’ve done before; it’s straight horror this year."

Deadline: Any new Hotel castings you can share?

Murphy: We’re just finalizing Denis O’Hare’s deal, he’s going to come back. Everybody else is pretty much done. We start shooting in three weeks and we’re building this incredible set which is one of our best sets ever I think — which is saying a lot because our production designer Mark Worthington I thought really outdid himself in Freak Show — but we’re building this incredible six-story Art Deco hotel on the Fox lot. Everybody in the show is very excited about this season, Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters particularly because in every season thus far they’ve always been sort of the heroes, the good guy or the good lady so to speak, and this season they’re playing absolute evil villains so they’re very excited about that and I think people will really enjoy it, and the Gaga part is bananas good.

I also think that the thing that’s different about the season is that before we’ve always been very driven by the Jessica Lange character. She was always the lead character. This year, it’s a true ensemble and I think we have more male parts and more male stories. The Wes Bentley part is really big, the Matt Bomer part is really big; Evan Peters and Finn Wittrock are really big. That’s not to say that the women aren’t either; I mean Kathy Bates and Gaga and Paulson’s part and Angela Bassett’s part are great. But I guess it’s a different tone this year than we’ve had.

source: http://deadline.com/2015/06/ryan-murphy-american-horror-story-hotel-jessica-lange-leaving-1201447985/

I can't wait for this season :giveup: 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic

He always says "this is most horror we have done" and "this is the scariest season" about every season and it ends up "meh" everytime. :awkney:

Gaga Ate My Ass

"The upcoming season that we're doing is much more horror-based ; its much more dark" - ryan murphy

I'm so happy about that not only because I was hoping Gaga would do something new but because, as a huge fan of the show, the musical numbers always seemed kind of stupid to me.

Swan Heart

It is going to be the best season, I can feel it.. :duck: 

"...is much more horror-based; it’s much more dark." :cryga: 

We'll all be like..

giphy.gif

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

SissyFromSpace

tbh i really wasnt here for her being a lounge singer

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Blue Jeans

Can we have ONE thread with the whole article, instead of cutting parts of the article and putting it into different threads :saladga:

everything he said is very interesting

read it here:

http://deadline.com/2015/06/ryan-murphy-american-horror-story-hotel-jessica-lange-leaving-1201447985/

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Bad Bromance

tbh i really wasnt here for her being a lounge singer

True dat.  This makes me want to watch the new season even more now.   :wao:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived