Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Katy Perry

DMTT

What is Katy's best album?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is Katy's best album?

Featured Posts

She has nice ballads, but for some reason the GP don't use them, TOTGA was a hit tho

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*I agree her ballads are great.

*I guess its because radios just don't benifit from spinning ballads.

elijahfan

As soon as she steps out of the funny girl persona, it seems like people can't take her seriously. I sure can't.

The One That Got Away is my favorite song and video of hers, though.

She flops on everything nowadays.  :teehee:

Birthday and This Is How We Do weren't ballands and there were back-to-back flops.  

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Haroon

I'm honestly surprised because the songs mentioned are some of her best, and were given beautiful music videos, AND released! :giveup: I guess maybe the time and place were wrong, or the competition with other songs at the time :shrug:

I hope her and her team don't give up on her slower songs though, because they're some of her highlights :flutter:

Gp people still see her as miss whipped cream candy tits, and coming from someone with that image a serious, slower song just isn't what they want.

Judas Oyster

idk, perhaps because it's difficult to sing like she sings it? try it haha

I mean, most ballads you can at least pretend you sing like the song, and therefore like the song more, but with this one (Thinking Of You) it becomes weird... from 01:28 specially

Whispering

I guess its because radios just don't benifit from spinning ballads.

Stay With me, All of Me, Someone Like You, Thinking Out Loud, Stay, When I was Your Man, etc. disagree.

xoxo cupcakke

She makes some okay ballads but By the Grace of God is a terrible ballad. If Gaga were to have recorded it, I'd think the same

With that said, she should release either Walking on Air or Legendary Lovers and stray away from releasing BTGOG. It is just so tacky and cliché but then again most successful ballads are

Stay With me, All of Me, Someone Like You, Thinking Out Loud, Stay, When I was Your Man, etc. disagree.

Now compare the ratio with dance/pop songs, of course some exceptions are due to happen. But it all depends on the demand eventually.

Whispering

Now compare the ratio with dance/pop songs, of course some exceptions are due to happen. But it all depends on the demand eventually.

You said radio doesn't benefit from ballads, and that isn't true. If it is the right ballad, by the right person, listeners eat it up.

Katy just isn't that person and she hasn't had ballads the quality of the ones I listed.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived