Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour - DVD coming soon!

EdX

Pick your favourite Madonna concert tour!  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Which Madonna's tour did you like the most?

• The Virgin Tour
    • Who's That Girl Tour
    • Blond Ambition Tour
    • The Girlie Show Tour
    • Drowned World Tour
    • Re-Invention Tour
    • Confessions Tour
    • Sticky and Sweet Tour
    • MDNA Tour
    • Rebel Heart Tour

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, djparky said:

Technical issues??? Not buying that one....it can't be more complex than other tours that manage to start on time...and odd she never had a problem up to S&S.....

Exactly. S&S started right on time at 9pm sharp. At the Olympic stadium in Berlin it gets really expensive when you don't finish your show at 11pm because of noise pollution. Artists and producers really have to pay a lot, it's something around six digits! I guess it's the same in other cities. Maybe that's why she only does arena shows now.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christinahoney
15 hours ago, Snow said:

What was so technical about it? It was ellobarate and had a lot of probs, but not a lot of moving tec thing parts and ALL that. But that wasnt really even The point of above discussion...

You should watch the documentary behind it, it's CRAZY technical, lots of lights and staging elements moving around and flipping lol

christinahoney
10 hours ago, iloveit123 said:

People complain about a 10 pm start time and yet will probably go to a concert at a club that doesn't start until 11:30 or midnight, lol

To me, 10 pm isn't that late but I suppose a lot of arena shows start earlier. But come on, if you are going out to a concert you should be prepared for it to be a tad bit of a late night

Well, the majority of people attending the concert don't go to clubs either lol they're like 45+ year old veterans who just wanna sit and watch.

Personally I am OK with starting late as long as I know it in advance (which I did expect)
What I hate about it though is that the crowd will be tired and dead and boring, which means Madonna has less fun, which means it's less enjoyable and PROBABLY without extra acoustic song, you know?

iloveit123
1 hour ago, christinahoney said:

Well, the majority of people attending the concert don't go to clubs either lol they're like 45+ year old veterans who just wanna sit and watch.

Personally I am OK with starting late as long as I know it in advance (which I did expect)
What I hate about it though is that the crowd will be tired and dead and boring, which means Madonna has less fun, which means it's less enjoyable and PROBABLY without extra acoustic song, you know?

Yeah the cuts of songs are tough, but some people are so lucky to get different songs like "Like a Prayer"! Wow.

The second Prague show looked really fun, Madonna was on point, and it started at 10. I DO think she should start at 9:30 but the show's upbeat energy doesn't always rely on it, it seems. And even at a 9:30 start, you'll still see lame peeps at a show.

But I hope more people get the memo - do NOT show up before 9pm, haha. Heck, I wouldn't even show up for a Gaga concert before then, haha.

18 minutes ago, iloveit123 said:

Yeah the cuts of songs are tough, but some people are so lucky to get different songs like "Like a Prayer"! Wow.

The second Prague show looked really fun, Madonna was on point, and it started at 10. I DO think she should start at 9:30 but the show's upbeat energy doesn't always rely on it, it seems. And even at a 9:30 start, you'll still see lame peeps at a show.

But I hope more people get the memo - do NOT show up before 9pm, haha. Heck, I wouldn't even show up for a Gaga concert before then, haha.

Exactly, if there's ever an opening act, show up about 30 minutes to one hour after the time they're slated to perform. That way, the wait for the main act won't seem so long. The only time I've ever gotten to the venue to watch the opening act was last summer when Cyndi Lauper opened for Cher. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

51 minutes ago, faux said:

HOW COME I ONLY NOW SAW THIS

Because you didn't check the Madonna thread in the fan base section :derpga:

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Got my tickets in the mail today :legend:

Were there any changes or cuts for the European shows?

who will love me when the night is over

Just arrived home from Prague! 

And.... WOW, what a weekend that was!!!

Prague was absolutely amazing, but Madonna  .... :sara:

We arrived at the arena at about 8pm. The opening act had already started. The opener, Rejjie Snow, was ok... a bit boring though. 

Madonna WAS scheduled to start at 9:30 pm. Even Live Nation and O2 arena promoted that on fb. So people started just started cheering very loudly everytime one of the pre-show songs ended. The music was reeaally boring so even I got pretty pissed :laughga: . But at about 10:05pm 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'' started playing and  everyone knew it meant that the show is gonna start any second. The crowd was really great and loud. 

The show was absolutely amazing. AND she sand LAP :wub: . The show ended at midnight. M was very fun and energetic and also looked like she was having fun herself as well. 

My dream finally came true after 11 years of being a fan of Madonna!! And I loved it so much!! :flutter:

Bellatrix
18 minutes ago, ElizabethCortez said:

We arrived at the arena at about 8pm. The opening act had already started. The opener, Rejjie Snow, was ok... a bit boring though. 

Madonna WAS scheduled to start at 9:30 pm. Even Live Nation and O2 arena promoted that on fb. So people started just started cheering very loudly everytime one of the pre-show songs ended. The music was reeaally boring so even I got pretty pissed :laughga: . But at about 10:05pm 'Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'' started playing and  everyone knew it meant that the show is gonna start any second. The crowd was really great and loud. 

The show was absolutely amazing. AND she sand LAP :wub: . The show ended at midnight. M was very fun and energetic and also looked like she was having fun herself as well. 

My dream finally came true after 11 years of being a fan of Madonna!! And I loved it so much!! :flutter:

How fun to read! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

23 minutes ago, ElizabethCortez said:

So great you had a wonderful time!

Qualle1
On Sun Nov 08 2015 22:49:29 GMT+0100, djparky said:

What a load of nonsense- with the exception of Spain which is later, concerts start around 8.45- 9pm across most of Europe- starting at 10pm is already an hour later than it should be. It's not hard to do- if it takes 5 hours to get the show ready then make sure you start rehearsals on time- have respect for the people who pay your ridiculous ticket prices and go to the shows- I saw her in Edinburgh in 2012 and she knew about curfew in the soundcheck and still couldn't bother to start on time to play the whole show

Technical issues??? Not buying that one....it can't be more complex than other tours that manage to start on time...and odd she never had a problem up to S&S.....

Thank you.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

Qualle1
On Sun Nov 08 2015 22:56:58 GMT+0100, Snow said:

And yeah, Köln had a problem with a another stage that was on The way or too slow to Take away or something like that. And The other time she was late because The Arena had power issues that delayed The whole day. Its not about her being late alone. Many things contribute. They are not "late" just for fun...

Absurd.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

15 hours ago, Qualle1 said:

Absurd.

What? Those were issues for to post 10pm starts, one in koln and one in canada or us. 

Just get it through your head that she doesnt start later on purpose! There are reason for starting at 9.30-10 (which is btw told on The official fb and by promoters). She needs that much time in a day to get ready. Cant be helpped. How knows why, maybe it takes longer to warm up and rest etc for her these days. You know shes not 20 anymore. But whatever r The reasons are, they are needed and nothing she or anyone else can do about. Take it or leave it! She gives HER everything and thats ALL anyone can ask. She puts on one hell of a show so her starting later is worth it.

Qualle1
9 minutes ago, Snow said:

What? Those were issues for to post 10pm starts, one in koln and one in canada or us. 

Just get it through your head that she doesnt start later on purpose! There are reason for starting at 9.30-10 (which is btw told on The official fb and by promoters). She needs that much time in a day to get ready. Cant be helpped. How knows why, maybe it takes longer to warm up and rest etc for her these days. You know shes not 20 anymore. But whatever r The reasons are, they are needed and nothing she or anyone else can do about. Take it or leave it! She gives HER everything and thats ALL anyone can ask. She puts on one hell of a show so her starting later is worth it.

The show in Cologne had absolutely no issues with the delivery of the RHT stage. The stage arrived in Cologne in time.

There was no need to start both of the shows in Cologne with such a delay.

Stop making up stupid stories to justify her unprofessionalism...

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived