music news

Rihanna still refuses to give out anything on R8

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

I'm telling you...she's re-recording songs cuz the rest of the album sounds just like the singles ...her label is like "You betta give us some bops! You floppin hard guur!!!" :lmao:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Bradley

​I totally disagree. I don't think the Loud album flows positively. I think its mostly a collection of equally bland pop songs. Commercially its easy to see why its successful but that doesnt make it celebratory. Whereas an album like Rated R is cohesive but also interesting not only because of where she was at in her life at that moment but because it tells a story. Talk That Talk is really a collection of garbage though sans the two main singles. And im not an idiot, its obvious why Louds success is enjoyed by fans. Im not negating that, I just don't think it makes the album good. Im looking past the superficiality of success and looking at the album itself.

And I didn't say all pop fans, but its obvious that a majority use charts as validation to like something and it certainly applies to what makes Loud a stan and even non-stan favorite. Thats not even arguable. And you can sit there and try to call me out on my arrogance all you want as if that somehow invalidates my truthful observation but it doesnt. And im not apologetic about my perceived arrogance on this forum and it doesn't make me feel anything in particular let alone "happiness", but honestly a majority of pop stans on pop forums are kind of.....ill just stop myself there. If you've got a problem with my personality here I can't help you there, thats your issue, not mine. This forum can't handle me lol

​It's so sad to see how people only celebrate successful albums. I mean if Talk that Talk or Unapologetic produced three #1 singles like how Loud did with Only Girl, What's My Name? and S&M, they would have been given all the nominations that were given to Loud. Do What U Want obviously was better than Dark Horse and yet it wasn't given the nomination of Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. I understand his perspective that people feel happy when they think back of the happy memories that generated from the success of an album, because I've experienced that before. But I also understand your point of view that we should see past the superficiality of chart success and value the music above anything else, as I did with ARTPOP, and enjoyed a lot out of it.

Bradley

​his name is connor something. he's a **** star for MEN.

​I'm pretty sure everyone on GGD here knows. :hunty:

Iwontell

I'm off the hype train, tbh...hoping for the best, sure, but I'm almost 100% sure she's rushing to remake the album and make it sound more commercial, while I was actually enjoying the stuff she was putting out (with the exception of BBHMM)...well, let's wait and see...

waiting.gif

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Bradley

I'm off the hype train, tbh...hoping for the best, sure, but I'm almost 100% sure she's rushing to remake the album and make it sound more commercial, while I was actually enjoying the stuff she was putting out (with the exception of BBHMM)...well, let's wait and see...

waiting.gif

​In my opinion BBHMM is the best, it's so unique and very different from what others have been making.

Iwontell

​In my opinion BBHMM is the best, it's so unique and very different from what others have been making.

​And they haven't been making it for a good reason...:later:

But, all joking aside, it's the only one that doesn't work for me so far :P

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Bradley

​And they haven't been making it for a good reason...:later:

But, all joking aside, it's the only one that doesn't work for me so far :P

​I just love her cocky attitude

Koreku

it seems like she's struggling. I just hope she's having fun recording the album. it shouldn't have to be a chore. 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

LoveandMagic

Honestly, I don't know why she doesn't just drop the damn thing and be done with it. I'm not even a fan and I'm chomping at the bit for this album. Her fans have been waiting long enough and the longer she keeps them waiting, the more interest that gets lost, especially by the public. I don't think her fans even care if the album is a success anymore, they just want it whatever. I wish record labels would get this into their heads when they indefinitely postpone albums that aren't garnering hits. Then when it eventually gets released months, maybe even more than a year later, they wonder why no one buys it. Rihanna has nothing to lose at this point. She'll only stand to lose more the longer she delays. I'm really interested to see what happens with the touring situation. Before 45S was even released, it was announced that she would tour in 2015, so it was clearly planned...but that's back when the whole album was primed to smash and not be in the mess it's in right now. I wonder if she's already been booked for arena dates worldwide and her team are wondering how she's going to fill them now and they're taking all this time to work out how best to remedy the situation?

​I think you may be right. The delay looks bad, like she has no faith in the album and is scrambling to redo it. She needs to stand by it and release it. Who knows, the results may surprise the public. The important thing is that she thought the album was worth something when she was making it, and was going to use it to try and push herself as an artist. Lack of big hits shouldn't impact her decisions. She should stand by her work. She can "afford" a "bad" era, she's been cranking out hits for a long time. Now is the time to try to be bold and fresh and try some reinvention, at least for one era. The delay is already hurting her.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Bradley

​I think you may be right. The delay looks bad, like she has no faith in the album and is scrambling to redo it. She needs to stand by it and release it. Who knows, the results may surprise the public. The important thing is that she thought the album was worth something when she was making it, and was going to use it to try and push herself as an artist. Lack of big hits shouldn't impact her decisions. She should stand by her work. She can "afford" a "bad" era, she's been cranking out hits for a long time. Now is the time to try to be bold and fresh and try some reinvention, at least for one era. The delay is already hurting her.

​I think she would stand by what she has made but labels can be very pressuring. I think it's the label who's behind all this delay.

LoveandMagic

​I think she would stand by what she has made but labels can be very pressuring. I think it's the label who's behind all this delay.

​I can definitely see that. But it's a real shame either way because she could definitely afforded the risks with this era. With all the messiness and delays, a lot of people are already going to assume this album is bad and won't bother with it, and the media isn't shy right now with dragging her. 

Also, weren't there allegedly pressures from Interscope about ARTPOP, and that's why songs from the album are different from the iTunes festival?

Bradley

​I can definitely see that. But it's a real shame either way because she could definitely afforded the risks with this era. With all the messiness and delays, a lot of people are already going to assume this album is bad and won't bother with it, and the media isn't shy right now with dragging her. 

Also, weren't there allegedly pressures from Interscope about ARTPOP, and that's why songs from the album are different from the iTunes festival?

​I don't quite recall, I believe the difference in the studio versions and live performances of ARTPOP songs were intentional. Rihanna had only one #1 album out of 7 attempts and I guess this one isn't going to be her second, it initially had the chance when FourFiveSeconds did well, but oh well...

LoveandMagic

​I don't quite recall, I believe the difference in the studio versions and live performances of ARTPOP songs were intentional. Rihanna had only one #1 album out of 7 attempts and I guess this one isn't going to be her second, it initially had the chance when FourFiveSeconds did well, but oh well...

​It's just a shame. I feel if it hadn't been so messy there would still be a good buzz going for it. I hope everything works out for her (and the fans) in the end.

Archived