Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

They may have more commercial success but no impact

Quark

Featured Posts

Didymus

I read that wiki, and it mostly talks about her success. She definitely had impact, but at the end of the day I am talking about who had more, and to me is clear that is Gaga.

​Well, to us it's very clear that you're overestimating her impact and we've all presented actual proof of that which you've chosen to deny, so like I already suggested a couple of times in your threads: make a blog and just present your opinions there because you're clearly uninterested in discussing them objectively.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quark

​Well, to us it's very clear that you're overestimating her impact and we've all presented actual proof of that which you've chosen to deny, so like I already suggested a couple of times in your threads: make a blog and just present your opinions there because you're clearly uninterested in discussing them objectively.

Just tell me this, out of the current artists, who has had more influence and impact then Gaga? 

Quark

​all of those were huge in us too 

so much for isolated lol 

Huge is not the same as isolated.

Didymus

Just tell me this, out of the current artists, who has had more influence and impact then Gaga? 

​Madonna and Britney.

Jjang

Did you read my OP? Or are going to ignore it?

​I obviously read your delusional & biased OP, that's why i chose to comment in the first place.

Quark

​I obviously read your delusional & biased OP, that's why i chose to comment in the first place.

Well, I clearly said little to no impact, I also said most artists. So you are ignoring what I really said.

Quark

​Madonna and Britney.

I said current (as an this generation). And I have my doubts about Britney.

Jjang

Well, I clearly said little to no impact, I also said most artists. So you are ignoring what I really said.

​So after all of this, you still believe Rihanna's impact is nothing to minimal? :smh:

How does it feel to be so biased, honestly?

Quark

​So after all of this, you still believe Rihanna's impact is nothing to minimal? :smh:

How does it feel to be so biased, honestly?

Yes, I feel like its minimal. For one because I think she only influenced Fashion a bit, I still think she did not influence music (rather she hopped only already existing popular trends). And she has never really influence music videos, performance art, social media, or any social issues. She is also far less talented than Gaga.

Didymus

I said currentcurrent (as an this generation). And I have my doubts about Britney.

They're both within our generation though :smh: Madonna started out back in 1983 but her Confessions and Hard Candy era were so successful and widespread I don't see any good reason to withhold her from "current artists" when you're talking about pop music.

And erm, girl.. Britney was like, for years, the example of what a pop icon was supposed to be. She brought pop music to the realm of teenagers from the second she started and built on Madonna's legacy of using fashion and music videos to shock her (younger this time) audiences, also from the absolute beginning. Her epic, dramatic and dance-filled performances (she really turned pop performances into something extraordinary) are also quite innovative around her time and she inspired countless upcoming artists including Gaga herself. Apart from the fact that she can't sing live, she seems to have made teenagers aware of everything you claim Gaga to have "invented" or made "mainstream" if you ask me.

Gaga about Britney:

"she taught us all how to be fearless, and the industry wouldn't be the same without her"

Quark

They're both within our generation though :smh: Madonna started out back in 1983 but her Confessions and Hard Candy era were so successful and widespread I don't see any good reason to withhold her from "current artists" when you're talking about pop music.

And erm, girl.. Britney was like, for years, the example of what a pop icon was supposed to be. She brought pop music to the realm of teenagers from the second she started and built on Madonna's legacy of using fashion and music videos to shock her (younger this time) audiences, also from the absolute beginning. Her epic, dramatic and dance-filled performances (she really turned pop performances into something extraordinary) are also quite innovative around her time and she inspired countless upcoming artists including Gaga herself. Apart from the fact that she can't sing live, she seems to have made teenagers aware of everything you claim Gaga to have "invented" or made "mainstream" if you ask me.

Gaga about Britney:

"she taught us all how to be fearless, and the industry wouldn't be the same without her"

I am not denying Britney's impact. But she is not that impactful looking back at her accomplishments. Also Madonna and Britney are definitely not this generation. You are twisting the definition.

Didymus

I am not denying Britney's impact. But she is not that impactful looking back at her accomplishments. Also Madonna and Britney are definitely not this generation. You are twisting the definition.

shock-gif.gif

I forbid myself to continue a discussion with someone who is that willfully deluded.

Yanko

​u have your own definition of current generation? :toofunny: make a thread about it  

and britney had huge impact denying that is just silly 

Sugarfall

​Britney's last hit was in 2012. How is she not this generation anymore?

Quark

shock-gif.gif

I forbid myself to continue a discussion with someone who is that willfully deluded.

Just because I don't share your opinion, it doesn't mean that I am deluded.

Archived