💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

'Hunger Games' star criticizes Taylor Swift, Madonna for 'rampant' appropriation of black culture

Remus

Featured Posts

Melech

This makes me so sad. It's not even funny anymore..

So white people aren't allowed to be wearing tooth grills or cornrows but black people are allowed to bleach their hair and skin? Funny, because they bleach their skin and hair. You are black, no need to get blonde or have light skin. There are even some who get surgery just for blue eyes. I feel betrayed if you do that. Appropriation at it's best. 

Also: Should I call out people for drinking german beer, eating brezles, buying german sweets (Haribo,...), driving in cars (and I could go on) just because they are not German and these were/are our things?  Should I call out metros-xual people because they act like faggies and acting like faggies is a gay thing?

MJ took appropriation to its best by not only acting white but getting white. 

​YES! This post should >>>>>>everyones else in this thread 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Higher

What is acting white?! :lmao:

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Whispering

...it is a lot more than that, like jazz or blues or funk, but oh no, people like mark ronson and meghan tranny are the faces of those genres now it's sad. 

You ignored Bruno Mars, who is the artist everyone thinks of when they hear Uptown Funk. He's the face that the majority of people associate with the song of 2015. (thus far) 

ItsTommyBitch

​Hmm, I see. I sort of agree, though I'm not sold on the idea of people quickly categorizing a black person as belonging to a "black culture", because at least in my own country it's very obvious that most citizens regard black people as perfectly integrated in Western culture. Therefore I actually think that it does come as a genuine surprise when white people are accused of appropriation, simply because they're not aware of a clearly delineated "black culture". This in itself of course may be used as proof of successful cultural appropriation, but on the other hand you can't ignore the fact that it does come as a surprise, meaning the specific appropriation is unintentional and consciously unloaded with racist undertones.

So in that light, I think offended black people only have three significant options: (a) blame people, institutes, historical developments,... of the past; (b) paint living white people (or at least celebrities) as conscious appropriators; (c) acknowledging that appropriation may have taken place by people who didn't mean any disrespect, making the accusation irrelevant.

There are problems with each of the options, sure (a: you can go as far back in time as is possible and still find no definitive first cause for your own misfortunes; b: you consciously misrepresent people; c: you contribute to the lack of cultural awareness in general), but I guess I didn't make it a secret what I find the best one. I still fail to see the importance of celebrities trying to borrow possible trends in the light of actual racism, cultural xenophobia, international war politics etc. where the results and consequences of actions based on a lack of cultural awareness are actually damaging.

The argument of "its in the past, lingering on it today doesn't do you any good" to something that is still as pervasive as this doesn't really do any good at all :emma: A lot of white people like to say "We live in a post racial society, there aren't slaves in America anymore, therefore black people are responsible for all of their own misfortune", but this ignores the multitude of lasting effects a system like slavery can have on a people, institutional or systemic racism is rampant, and while I don't think Cultural Appropriation is the biggest of a problem, it definitely still IS a problem. Simply saying "it's in the past" does not excuse people of anything, in fact "its in the past" is the exact reason why some things are the way they are for black people. It doesn't help that the media disproportionally reports on these things and makes people believe they are the norm. Privilege, sis :sis: 

I think white people ARE aware of what "black culture" is, or atleast  know of a derivative, stereotyped version of it, so I disagree there. 

B and C are not actually bad options, though there are more than just these three... B in particular is misguided because they aren't painting them as conscious appropriators, I think its pretty obvious in mossituations that appropriation is more often than not an accident.

I don't think demonizing individual people for accidental appropriation is really the problem, people often look @ celebrities because they can and do represent influence on the way people think, and they are more commenting on the problems of society being perpetuated by people at the very top of it.

In general, it takes a lot of tact to point out invisible systems in society, especially to those who benefit from them and don't see them... but we cant just say they aren't a problem.

There's nothing about being a celebrity that makes you more socially aware or less problematic, so i definitely disagree with the popular trend of attacking them in public or demonizing them unfairly, but it DOES start conversations, and it can be done with tact, as I believe it was done in this video. Amandla wasn't like "ya'll are ****ing ignorant racists", which is what is problematic about Azealia sometimes :smh: Like, its counterproductive to not tackle a lot of social justice topics with tact imo. Some argue that respectability politics don't work. I think they can work on an individual or local level, but overall not really. And some injustices ARE worth fighting for, -- sitting down and  assimilating to a culture and being polite in trying to have your grievances addressed in the long run does not always work, if ever. History shows this to be true over and over. Revolutionary War is a great example... The idea that if you tackle serious problems very lightly and try to not offend as many people as you can avoid really doesn't actually work very often for things, so while I realize that politeness (and pc ness for that matter :green: ) is important, some instances can call for more drastic measures (and they aren't even that drastic, the most it really goes in these cases is just calling people out on their racism :laughga: ) At the end of the day, I think that hurt feelings of a majority are NOT more important than basic rights and respect for large groups of people. This can actually kind of apply to religious freedom laws too... or the idea of gay marriage actually "harming" Christians... Like, it doesn't actually hurt religion, stop them from practicing, or holding their beliefs with an appropriate amount of fervor, but the idea of discriminating against gay people DOES actually mean something. The whole idea that christians in america are being "attacked" for having opinions is some serious propaganda BS because this is not a black and white issues :awkney: but I digress :emma: 

Also, realizing you've done something problematic or appropriated a culture should really just make you reflect, which is a positive thing... Its like #NotAllCops, or #NotAllMen, -- the conversation never claimed that was so, so if you aren't racist, or aren't a misogynist/s-xist, or a rapist or whatever the message is clearly not pointed at you and there should be no trouble in distancing yourself from people who are actually problematic.  Actually, I'm not THAT opposed to it, in lieu of other options.

Its important to be critical of the society you live in :yes: . For example, dont be Iggy Azalea and take all of the very valid criticism as just "haters gonna hate".

As studies show and ive said before, micro aggressions can carry the same weight as unadulterated, unintentional acts of racism and can lead to a plethora of problems in people. In summary, I would say Cultural Appropriation is a micro aggression; ts certainly usually accidental, but still a problem.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Higher

This makes me so sad. It's not even funny anymore..

So white people aren't allowed to be wearing tooth grills or cornrows but black people are allowed to bleach their hair and skin? Funny, because they bleach their skin and hair. You are black, no need to get blonde or have light skin. There are even some who get surgery just for blue eyes. I feel betrayed if you do that. Appropriation at it's best. 

Also: Should I call out people for drinking german beer, eating brezles, buying german sweets (Haribo,...), driving in cars (and I could go on) just because they are not German and these were/are our things?  Should I call out metros-xual people because they act like faggies and acting like faggies is a gay thing?

MJ took appropriation to its best by not only acting white but getting white. 

Mj didn't act white he acted like a child. :lmao:

He suffered from a skin disorder called vertigo, he got white spots all over his face and his hand that is why he wore the glove in the music video of thriller. He also bleached himself so it wouldn't look bad. but he was in no way ashamed of being black. 

Here's a of an article about his autopsy: http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/07/showbiz/jackson-death-trial/ :kissga:

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Psychedelic

What the hell is this kid talking about? The watermelon part is hinting at some serious mental issues there!

I think cultural appropiation is a good thing to a great extent... it makes us focus on the things that makes us different yet we like a bout each other, it makes us human! People should quit complaining, it makes them look envious!

blacklistedd

They have a bigger history with each other. 

No. Theres a history with latinos as well. We owned the west, we owned California and white america stole it not just from native americans but from us as well. They are not the only race with prevalent issues.

StrawberryBlond

​Racism is prejudice and power though, and thats what makes it particular for white people. Other minority groups can and do appropriate other ones disrespectfully, but we live in a white-centric society, where representation is entirely skewed, so ofc we aren't going to be hearing about all the instances of hispanic people appropriating black culture, etc etc. Even then, some would argue that Hispanic people do not have much if any more privilege than Black people, or they have similar strife @ the hands of white people that bonds them with other minorities. Its definitely a different type of privilege, but they also do not have the social power required to be systemically racist. It definitely happens though. When Pharrell wore that Native American [sic] headdress for that magazine, it was definitely cultural appropriation. It was when Lana did it too. White people have a ton of privilege that lets them go in and out of other cultures without most of the repercussions. Thats why it may seem pointed at them.

Also, Racism doesn't have to be intentional; in fact socialization accounts for quite a lot of it, but we still should point out at the minimum "problematic" behavior, because it does help to counteract everyday acts of racism like micro aggression- the likes of which people still feel similar levels of being accosted from. (That is to say that blatant acts of racism can be just as infuriating as the everyday black jokes white (and other) people make to black people)

Dressing Thuggish is not as simple as that, in fact the term "thug" is often politicized to dehumanize black victims of crimes -- they bring up the fact that they were "arrested once" or any kind of negative stimuli that discourages the average person from sympathizing with them. White people on the other hand who sometimes commit the most heinous of crimes do not have to worry about this, as the media often publicizes the various accounts from friends who "Never saw this coming" or claim that "He was such a cool guy" and they will use pictures of the person from their high school/college graduation, or a picture of them smiling, rather than a mug shot. This is an example of what the modern term "thug" really refers to, especially in America. Shady people in their young-adult stage with hoods can be universal -- you don't know they are black in a hood, but its the fact that if they are that they are immediately seen as more of a threat. Media reports Black crime disproportionate to the actual amount of crimes committed to who the majority victims are, so its no wonder that people have assumptions and beliefs like this. Its perpetuated constantly. This is an example of white people being able to weave in and out of culture. They can emulate black people, and act "thuggish", but often don't have to actually be seen as a real thug by society, which is more than problematic.

No one said black hair is the only politicized hair style ever really, and you dont have to have a person on the street say that 'your hair is inappropriate" to know that it is. Society reinforces it on a daily basis. Black people change their hairs to assimilate to the majority culture because it literally improves their chances of success. When a black girl @ my school straightens her hair from its regular curl or afro style, she receives the highest praise possible. Its things like this that let people know that assimilating (which is NOT appropriation btw :sweep: ) is "good". 

It isn't "made up" racism. People hear the term racism and want to assume that a lot of it isnt actually racism because thats an incredibly uncomforting thought for the average privileged (or not) person, because most people dont like to think negatively about themselves, let alone admit to being a little bit racist. Unintentional racism, as shown by studies, still hurts people, so simply letting people off the hook by saying "well, i didnt mean to" is not really productive at all. That wouldn't be so bad, but people also aren't willing to reflect on what they've done that was problematic, so its an endless cycle of hurt and not acknowledging it. If people were to be unintentionally racist, but realize it and try to avoid it or actually improve things, things wouldn't be so polarized. The black hair thing IS an example of institutional racism - it supports the majority and discredits minorities. Yes, there is practicality with hair in certain jobs (like hair getting in the way, etc.) but black women who wear their hair normally, or in other "black" styles are also disproportionately discredited for jobs because they don't look "professional", or really in essence "white-friendly". 

​Well, I don't believe in the principle that only people who have racial power (i.e. whites) can be racist. Racism is racism and it doesn't matter who's doing it or what their status is. Granted, I can understand why non-whites are racist but it doesn't make it acceptable. They should be angry at real racists, the particular people who have hurt them and their people, not every white person. In this day and age, there is no excuse for ignorance. I grew up in and still live in, a predominantly white country. Before last year, I could have counted on two hands the number of black people I had seen in the flesh in my entire life. The only place I saw black people was on tv. My parents never taught me not to racist. But despite all that, I knew racism was wrong. And as I got older and I got the internet, I could see black people all the time in all different situations and see how many of them were talented and successful and all round good people. Even if I couldn't see them in person, I could witness them 24/7 through the internet. Through self-education and natural instinct, I know that racism is wrong. So, needless to say, I have very little patience for non-whites who are racist and then turn around and say that no one ever taught them and it's all they know and so on. Non-whites can be racist. I've seen it and it's hurtful. And to then be told you can't feel hurt because you have power and privilage as a white person? And some whites apparently agree with this idea? Why can't we stand up for our own race? Why do we always paint ourselves as the bad guys? Well, I'm not having it.

For the dressing thuggish thing, I honestly don't get what you're saying at all. "Thug" is used in my country to describe any male who commits a violent crime. It is not attributed to just blacks and white criminals are treated with exactly the same contempt, Maybe you're basing all this on an American perspective, which I think is sometimes the problem: not everything in America is the same all over the world. Races will get treated differently and not experience all the same hardships. This may sound weird, but I actually feel frighened when I see a white boy with his hood up but if it's a black boy, I don't feel afraid at all. Black people in my area don't cause trouble. All my life, I've been surrounded by white boys causing crime, usually while dressed with their hoods up, so I naturally get nervous to see them hanging around. But with black boys, never. If I was in London, though, maybe it would be a different matter as there's a much higher black crime rate there with a lot of black gangs. But in Scotland, no. It's all relative to what you see around you. But yes, the police stopping non-whites is a big issue that needs to be dealt with, that I can't fault. But we never find out the reasons for why they were being stopped: was it all trivial, or was there genuinely suspicious behaviour going on most of the time? It wouldn't be good if the police just stopped pulling over non-whites, even if they were acting suspicious, just because they were afraid of being called racist.

Where is the actual evidence that white people prefer blacks to have non-frizzy hair, though? It just seems to be a black preferance so far as I can see. No racist comment I've ever heard brings up how blacks should relax their hair. I think some of them just genuinely like relaxing it for whatever reason and started to tell themselves if they looked whiter, they'd be more successful. Are they saying that a racist would be more likely to employ them if they had straight hair? No, a racist would never employ a black person regardless of what their hair looked like. Racists aren't blind - they can still see the person is black even if they have straight hair. There is no evidence it helps them get further at all. Much as I like Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche, I think she was a bit off with her statements about black hair especially when she said that if Michelle Obama had her natural hair, Barack would not have won the election. I think it's an issue that blacks have convinced themselves that white people have a problem with. We don't. We really don't. And by the way, "white friendly" is one of the most offensive terms I've ever heard. If "black friendly" or "Asian friendly" is racist, then so is "white friendly."

What I'm trying to say is that these days, whites are afraid of criticise anything that a non-white does, no matter how justified. It's leading to some blacks using "is it because I'm black?" as a justification for why they can't get the life they want and us whites support this notion which is holding them back. How are we going to acheive equality if we don't treat one another the same and stop giving certain races special treatment? People don't seem to realise that equality isn't all about positivity, it's about being held to the same standards. So, if the group in power are held to a harsh standard, equality would ensure everyone would. That's what I say to feminists who seem to think equality would mean women are have every right they ever wanted and don't take into account that men are also held to some pretty ridiculous standards too and equality would mean we would also have pressure on us to be breadwinners and go to war if needed. Don't get me wrong, I want equality for women, but these are some aspects that would make me a bit nervous. But such is the way of equality. So, in a racially equal world, blacks could be called out for cultural appropriation, whites could accuse blacks of racism. There won't be any of this "non-whites don't have power, so they can't be racist" malarkey. Racism will be a crime no matter who does it or who it's against. If it's an equal world, it means that whites can no longer be the sole bad guys.

Higher

No. Theres a history with latinos as well. We owned the west, we owned California and white america stole it not just from native americans but from us as well. They are not the only race with prevalent issues.

I actually didn't know that.

ItsTommyBitch

​Well, I don't believe in the principle that only people who have racial power (i.e. whites) can be racist. Racism is racism and it doesn't matter who's doing it or what their status is. Granted, I can understand why non-whites are racist but it doesn't make it acceptable. They should be angry at real racists, the particular people who have hurt them and their people, not every white person. In this day and age, there is no excuse for ignorance. I grew up in and still live in, a predominantly white country. Before last year, I could have counted on two hands the number of black people I had seen in the flesh in my entire life. The only place I saw black people was on tv. My parents never taught me not to racist. But despite all that, I knew racism was wrong. And as I got older and I got the internet, I could see black people all the time in all different situations and see how many of them were talented and successful and all round good people. Even if I couldn't see them in person, I could witness them 24/7 through the internet. Through self-education and natural instinct, I know that racism is wrong. So, needless to say, I have very little patience for non-whites who are racist and then turn around and say that no one ever taught them and it's all they know and so on. Non-whites can be racist. I've seen it and it's hurtful. And to then be told you can't feel hurt because you have power and privilage as a white person? And some whites apparently agree with this idea? Why can't we stand up for our own race? Why do we always paint ourselves as the bad guys? Well, I'm not having it.

For the dressing thuggish thing, I honestly don't get what you're saying at all. "Thug" is used in my country to describe any male who commits a violent crime. It is not attributed to just blacks and white criminals are treated with exactly the same contempt, Maybe you're basing all this on an American perspective, which I think is sometimes the problem: not everything in America is the same all over the world. Races will get treated differently and not experience all the same hardships. This may sound weird, but I actually feel frighened when I see a white boy with his hood up but if it's a black boy, I don't feel afraid at all. Black people in my area don't cause trouble. All my life, I've been surrounded by white boys causing crime, usually while dressed with their hoods up, so I naturally get nervous to see them hanging around. But with black boys, never. If I was in London, though, maybe it would be a different matter as there's a much higher black crime rate there with a lot of black gangs. But in Scotland, no. It's all relative to what you see around you. But yes, the police stopping non-whites is a big issue that needs to be dealt with, that I can't fault. But we never find out the reasons for why they were being stopped: was it all trivial, or was there genuinely suspicious behaviour going on most of the time? It wouldn't be good if the police just stopped pulling over non-whites, even if they were acting suspicious, just because they were afraid of being called racist.

Where is the actual evidence that white people prefer blacks to have non-frizzy hair, though? It just seems to be a black preferance so far as I can see. No racist comment I've ever heard brings up how blacks should relax their hair. I think some of them just genuinely like relaxing it for whatever reason and started to tell themselves if they looked whiter, they'd be more successful. Are they saying that a racist would be more likely to employ them if they had straight hair? No, a racist would never employ a black person regardless of what their hair looked like. Racists aren't blind - they can still see the person is black even if they have straight hair. There is no evidence it helps them get further at all. Much as I like Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche, I think she was a bit off with her statements about black hair especially when she said that if Michelle Obama had her natural hair, Barack would not have won the election. I think it's an issue that blacks have convinced themselves that white people have a problem with. We don't. We really don't. And by the way, "white friendly" is one of the most offensive terms I've ever heard. If "black friendly" or "Asian friendly" is racist, then so is "white friendly."

What I'm trying to say is that these days, whites are afraid of criticise anything that a non-white does, no matter how justified. It's leading to some blacks using "is it because I'm black?" as a justification for why they can't get the life they want and us whites support this notion which is holding them back. How are we going to acheive equality if we don't treat one another the same and stop giving certain races special treatment? People don't seem to realise that equality isn't all about positivity, it's about being held to the same standards. So, if the group in power are held to a harsh standard, equality would ensure everyone would. That's what I say to feminists who seem to think equality would mean women are have every right they ever wanted and don't take into account that men are also held to some pretty ridiculous standards too and equality would mean we would also have pressure on us to be breadwinners and go to war if needed. Don't get me wrong, I want equality for women, but these are some aspects that would make me a bit nervous. But such is the way of equality. So, in a racially equal world, blacks could be called out for cultural appropriation, whites could accuse blacks of racism. There won't be any of this "non-whites don't have power, so they can't be racist" malarkey. Racism will be a crime no matter who does it or who it's against. If it's an equal world, it means that whites can no longer be the sole bad guys.

http://www.robot-hugs.com/definition/ Super important topic best explained through a comic. Essentially, the argument of what is "racist" or not can be turned into an argument over which definition of "racism" you prefer, and I don't think its THAT important, but it is important to note that social or institutional power is at least some form of a definition of racism, because racism manifests itself in multiple ways and institutional racism is super super important. Its perfectly possible for PoC to be "Racist" in the manner of being prejudice, but they can't institutionally oppress another people, which is why its the definition I personally agree with; its more nuanced, accurate and less general, but i dont think calling it "prejudice" or "racist" Really matters that much because both are wrong, and i never made the claim that white people cant be discriminated against, or people can't be prejudice against them, and its not that they can't feel "hurt", but its important for ALL people to also check their privilege. All people are some level of problematic, and it is chiefly because white people have so much privilege that they can go their entire lives and not realize that they are oppressing or discriminating against others subtly, and its important to realize :shrug: Its not a matter of "targetting" white people, but its a harsh-reality. Also #Intersectionality, so obv. there are major exceptions and what not, but I digress...

I am talking about a chiefly American experience... mostly because Amandla is American and described things that happen in America involving American celebrities and culture.. I don't live in Europe or anywhere else and ive never been there so I can't really pretend to act like I know how things are different there. Sorry :emma:  About the thuggish thing especially, I've never heard the word "thug" used in a non PoC related way, particularly black. In fact, as social commentary, many black people call themselves "thugs" ironically... rappers, etc. The media over here paints black people as "thugs". The word can be a lot more general, like street thugs, but it does carry specific stigma to black people and sometimes the more general uses refer to black people subtly :oops: Like for example, ive heard of white boys that commit crime and live "that lifestyle" referred to as thugs, but only under the guise of comparing them to black people, who are stereotypically "thugs".

The part about hair is entirely conjecture though... like, you are making large assumptions. My mother has had to straighten her hair to be taken seriously in her work and it has been straightened almost constantly since the 90s... I know actually a LOT of people who have to do this to get ahead. There are locations, like Chicago, where this isn't such a big deal, but its not just a made up phenomenon. The fact that black women really really like and want to use hair products to manage their hair and that there is such a huge market of giving black women straightened or "white"-lookig hair is just more evidence, so im not really sure why you don't want to admit this. A few google searches could tell you that black hair is politicized. They aren't the only group though, plenty of cultures with traditional hair styles have had to assimilate in the modern world to be taken seriously. Like, intersectional feminists talk about this heavily too, its a real thing idk how to emphasize it anymore :giveup: and Yes, they aren't blind but they do recognize attempts of assimilation. I've known instances of black women who have come in for a job interview with their natural hair and been denied, but another black woman with her hair straightened or some other non natural hair style have been given the job with the same or worse credentials. Idk about Obama losing the presidency per say, but its entirely possible. His PR team is not stupid, they would have hidden her hair for as long as possible, because it reminds people that shes BLACK, and not White, and subconsciously, some people may see that as a minor annoyance -- subtle bits of xenophobia in the back of people's head are always there tbh.

Black people assimilate to white culture to be successful, like its really really observable :shrug: 

"Is it because im black" is honestly sometimes comical or exaggerated, but it sometimes DOES ring true. The institution of slavery has had SERIOUS lasting effects on the black community, and while on an individual basis, its not really an excuse, it IS a serious reason why black people are behind in many facets of modern life in America. Like, America, and many many other places in the world are NOT meritocracies, where people get what they deserve based on their merit, achievements, and effort. It completely ignores the idea of privilege and historical context. 

You say "we" dont as if you speak for all white people, but thats really just not true :shrug: Society is relative to location, as are race-relations and a ton of other stuff, and again, systems can be invisible and hard to see for those that benefit from them, which is why this is such a tricky subject. Power is also not a strict definition i am referring to. Black people, women, and really all marginalized groups in comparison to white straight men do not hold powerful positions in the world as often on an almost global scale, they own less property, they have less human rights, they are less accepted in social contexts, they are seen as intimidating when they "intrude" on things... If you could examine the world from an outside lens, you could make a  clear (but fallacious) assumption -- White men are the dominant group in the world; they are the best. But thats simply not true, and its a glaring generalization. Marginalized groups are often behind because of years and years of their oppression. 

Also, it is NOT a racially equally world, or even close by any meaning of the word "equal", so yes there are disparages between social power. In a racially equal world, possibly, but I can't pretend to know exactly how that would be or if thats even fully possible. The feminists you are describing seem like huge hypocrites who don't actually want equality, so I would say follow new feminists, :shrug: 

In general, Intersectional feminists who are not majorly White Feminists* are good to follow on social media, or to research. I actually really really love Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie and agree with a good amount of what she says. 

But ive got off subject ofc :laughga: I've never heard of the word "white friendly" used as anything other than as a satirical phrase that alludes to "black-friendly" or "gay-friendly", etc. Its ironic because society itself is already white-friendly, and examples of non white friendly places are an extreme minority :dead:. It's a little bit like the word "Cracker", which holds no racist implications or negative history. Most white people aren't offended by it on a racial level because it really holds no power at all, its just prejudice at the most. 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Michael

Ready for some white people to come up in here with "ugh social justice warrior! No one owns any culture. Stop getting so offended by everything!" :smh:

she's on point with everything. Cultural appropriation has got to the point where I'm just disappointed by it now. It doesn't shock me anymore. Some of these celebrities have no respect for it but anyway. 

​ *claps*

Expose the ignorants.

some people are still trying to make that cultural appreciation bullshti happen I see

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Archived