Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madonna's Rebel Heart predicted to sell 115-125k

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

AgusPop

I'm glad just because of those Psycho Madonna fans from PawsDown and others (Angela Cheng , etc)

They spent so much of their life hating on Gaga and writing lies about her and that was useless, on the contrary.

Instead, if they had put that energy into promote Madonnas work but that did not help to her at all.

I hope they have learned their lesson

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
somnambulist

​Whatever you say. I'm not a Madonna fan, so I think you should be telling this to her fans that actually care.

I just don't think it's a fair comparison, based on it being an album with several big artists and it being released later in the year than the early part of the year.

....I'm in a thread about Madonna so I'm discussing her. If you don't care about the topic then you're free to leave?

I actually love madonna, and I loved the MDNA tour (I thought it was a better show and more organized than the BTWB) but her fanbase (and yes i know monsters can be as bad) can be vicious but when the pendulum swings the other way all I hear is excuses. Pick a position but stick with it, don't be a hypocrite is all I'm saying.

Goes for both sides. 

NONONONO

The attitude in this thread is what feeds stan wars. Petty competitiveness. If you didn't like Madonna stans saying ARTPOP flopped, don't do the same. Be above it. Otherwise, it just feeds into this cycle of them coming after Gaga when she next releases something. And it's not just them, it's Katy's, Lana's, Taylor's, Beyonce's fans.

The music industry is constantly changing, chart rules change and even Gaga isn't immune to the decline in actual album sales that has been happening. 

Ray of Light wasn't even number 1 because of the Titanic soundtrack. Did it prevent it from becoming a cornerstone of contemporary pop music? One of the most referenced pop albums ever? No, it didn't.

Rebel Heart is receiving critical acclaim, it is a great album, and Madonna is so into her music that it is a pleasure to see a legend like her doing this 30 years into the game.

If you don't like her, just ignore her. If you like her, enjoy it. It is very unlikely we will ever have a pop star like her again.

tumblr_mu0o8gNVZE1qmhggvo1_500.gif

britneybritney4

The attitude in this thread is what feeds stan wars. Petty competitiveness. If you didn't like Madonna stans saying ARTPOP flopped, don't do the same. Be above it. Otherwise, it just feeds into this cycle of them coming after Gaga when she next releases something. And it's not just them, it's Katy's, Lana's, Taylor's, Beyonce's fans.

The music industry is constantly changing, chart rules change and even Gaga isn't immune to the decline in actual album sales that has been happening. 

Ray of Light wasn't even number 1 because of the Titanic soundtrack. Did it prevent it from becoming a cornerstone of contemporary pop music? One of the most referenced pop albums ever? No, it didn't.

Rebel Heart is receiving critical acclaim, it is a great album, and Madonna is so into her music that it is a pleasure to see a legend like her doing this 30 years into the game.

If you don't like her, just ignore her. If you like her, enjoy it. It is very unlikely we will ever have a pop star like her again.

spill it :applause::applause::applause:

somnambulist

Ray of Light was so well received because it showed an evolution to the "material girl"  "s-x book" madonna. It also went on to sell 16 million copies........

I think Rebel Heart is a decent album, songs like Living for Love, Ghost Town, Inside Out, and Devil Pray are fantastic but her fans keep saying "she has nothing left to prove" and yet here she is, with songs like "b---h im madonna"  and "unapologetic b---h" and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because here she is, a very intelligent icon with awards, sales, and a die hard fanbase, having to release music that sounds like she's grasping for relevancy.

britneybritney4

Ray of Light was so well received because it showed an evolution to the "material girl"  "s-x book" madonna. It also went on to sell 16 million copies........

I think Rebel Heart is a decent album, songs like Living for Love, Ghost Town, Inside Out, and Devil Pray are fantastic but her fans keep saying "she has nothing left to prove" and yet here she is, with songs like "b---h im madonna"  and "unapologetic b---h" and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because here she is, a very intelligent icon with awards, sales, and a die hard fanbase, having to release music that sounds like she's grasping for relevancy.

she doesn't HAVE to release music. She didn't make this album because she HAS to, she did it because she wanted to. 

and why does her saying the word b---h or rap/talking in her songs, or lyrics about dancing and having fun leave a bad taste in your mouth? That just seems bizzare to me. 

Stefani328

....I'm in a thread about Madonna so I'm discussing her. If you don't care about the topic then you're free to leave?

I actually love madonna, and I loved the MDNA tour (I thought it was a better show and more organized than the BTWB) but her fanbase (and yes i know monsters can be as bad) can be vicious but when the pendulum swings the other way all I hear is excuses. Pick a position but stick with it, don't be a hypocrite is all I'm saying.

Goes for both sides. 

​It sounds like you are trying to start a Stan war where there isn't one. I based my opinion off  chart sales, not which artist I prefer. I'm a causal listener of Madonna's music. I wouldn't even call myself a fan. The only song of hers I've truly loved is Frozen and I  like Ghosttown on her new album. I've never even purchased a Madonna album. Yes, I'm a gaga fan, but I'm not one that goes to Madonna threads and say horrible things about her. Actually this is the first time, I've commented in a Madonna thread in months.  I just said the comparison wasn't fair. It has nothing to do with my feelings for Madonna or Gaga. It's an opinion based completely on me being a fan of music in general. Yeesh

NONONONO

​That's your reading of it. I completely disagree that it sounds like she is grasping for relevancy by putting out songs like "Bitch I'm Madonna" or "Unapologetic Bitch".

If you check her recent interviews, the album has a very clear concept: rebel - uncompromising, rebellious side; heart - romantic and melancholic side. These songs clearly fit with her rebellious side and with everything she has been doing for her entire career, so why change now just because everyone else is doing it? 

She really doesn't anything to prove. That is a fact. So now she just does what she wants to do, and for us who appreciate her, with very positive results.

FrankGutz

Goes for both sides. 

:applause::applause:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

DrewStevens

Those numbers are fine considering how low album sales are these days. But to be honest the era and the album have been as mediocre as the sales. Hard Candy wasn't an amazing album and it still had more impact than MDNA and Rebel Heart. I used to be her fan but she is not the Madonna I used to stan for anymore. 

PlasticHo

The EXCUSES in this thread :air:

Barbara Streisand has been doing this even LONGER than madonna, and didnt include her album with ticket purchases, and debuted with 196,000  :air:'

And let's not even forget Madonna has been in promo overdrive and even performed her lead single at the Grammys :air:

I like madonna, I'm not even being a hater but her fanbase tried to drag gaga to the PITS when ARTPOP debuted with over 300,000 copies in one week because "born this way did over a million what a decline!" without even taking into consideration the sales climate, the messy ARTPOP schedule, and the lack of hype.

Living for Love was touted as "the comeback of madonna" and her fanbase LOVES the song, so let's not with the "they picked the wrong song for the lead". The song is NOWHERE on the charts :air:

Oh lordt.

:applause:

Valextra

Actually comparing RH to Barbara's partners album is a bad comparison. It was going to sell because it was a duet album full of big names and albums sell better when it's basically the 4th quarter. I'm not a big Madonna fan and I won't be buying this album, but I really don't think it's a fair comparison.

​Exactly, Barbra previous album released in 2011 sold 68k the first week debuting at #4, so it's clear that in 'Partners' was helped by the fact that they were all duets with popular male artists like Michael Bublè. 

Gaga Monster

​Exactly, Barbra previous album released in 2011 sold 68k the first week debuting at #4, so it's clear that in 'Partners' was helped by the fact that they were all duets with popular male artists like Michael Bublè. 

Your completely right:dies:

GGD Presidential Elections

Archived