Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

WAIT- So now do the public have it confused or do WE?

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gianni Versace

Neither is really 100% true. She enjoys both styles?

The truth is that she's just as comfortable on the Oscar stage in a stunning dress singing The Sound of Music as she is wearing a seashell bikini and belting out Venus. She can do both extremes with ease, and that's what makes her so special.

She has ALWAYS said in interviews that she is the crazy lady you see in headlines- the one with lobster hats, prosthetic facial bones, etc. On numerous occasions she's said that the "real her" is exactly who you see- the avant garde artist in couture. 

She used to be completely opposed to being just "another b---h in a dress at an awards show" so I wonder if that's still the case and if she's just using this as an opportunity for some good exposure or if she's changed. 

Economy

both. The music shes doing now doesnt really suit super crazy styles

at the same time i believe at least part of the reaosn shes doing this style of music with Tony to begin with is in part to detox her from her perceived desperate immagine and show ppl shes talented raw without crazy costumes and gain more respect

TimisaMonster

The truth is in her name...

Lady like we saw at the Oscars

Gaga like we remember at the VMA

she excels as both and tbqh she loves pop and classical music. Her voice fits with anything!

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

HausOfNicole

I believe there's a midpoint to both sides. Lady Gaga is a persona, and so yes some of the crazy outfits and ideas did come from a place of trying to gain attention and stardom as well as a place of artistic expression. Currently she's presenting a more understated image in part because she's trying to re-craft her public imagine, but some of her choices do reflect generally wanting to be more understated and show a different side of her talent. Why else make a Jazz album when she could have easily re-released ARTPOP with some filler radio hit to boost sales.

I believe Gaga wants to show she's not just the smoke and mirrors that made her famous, and the best way to do that is to strip away some of the gimmicks. That's not to say that some of her gimmicks weren't genuine in her artistic expression, but surely more than a few were just to get her name out there and there's nothing wrong with that. She's a smart woman and had to know that sitting at her piano wasn't going to sell out stadiums around the world and make her the cultural icon she is today. 

What kind of reverse warholian career confusion.

I agree with you, it seems like the toned down looks are specifically to cater to the GP after they got tired of her usual wares.

HighwayFantasy

The truth is that she's just as comfortable on the Oscar stage in a stunning dress singing The Sound of Music as she is wearing a seashell bikini and belting out Venus. She can do both extremes with ease, and that's what makes her so special.

"I'm every icon" 

She is not dropping the crazy but the Oscars and her performance didn't fit crazy clothes. She was not at the VMAs or something.

She dressed classy these month(s) because the events were classy. You are not supposed to dress crazy at the Oscars. Even FameGa would dress classy.

She will dress crazy when her next non classy event is coming.

Robinladen

She has ALWAYS said in interviews that she is the crazy lady you see in headlines- the one with lobster hats, prosthetic facial bones, etc. On numerous occasions she's said that the "real her" is exactly who you see- the avant garde artist in couture. 

She used to be completely opposed to being just "another b---h in a dress at an awards show" so I wonder if that's still the case and if she's just using this as an opportunity for some good exposure or if she's changed. 

I think perhaps she said those things because people always love to say she was fake and those outfits were just for attention. So she made sure that people knew those crazy outfits were really who she was.

But I do believe the classy side is just as much truely her as the crazy side. She's just very versatile.

Gianni Versace

What kind of reverse warholian career confusion.

I agree with you, it seems like the toned down looks are specifically to cater to the GP after they got tired of her usual wares.

I was so stumped while reading that comment. :smh:

FrankGutz

Neither is really 100% true. She enjoys both styles?

this

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

'Our version' We've seen Gaga from a much more internal perspective than people who casually observe.

:yes:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Gaga is GAGA she is everything and anything....She is all of it....she is not just one or the other. She is BOTH... :whitney:

tbh :classy:

Bloody

2 words: LADY GAGA.

For so long we have seen the GAGA side, but now we see the LADY side.

That doesn't mean that GAGA will stop to exist though  :shrug: 

Why does everything have to be black or white with Gaga.... I thought as fans we should know better that its NEVER black or white with her.... she can be classy or rock-star or edge or slutty or weird or fabulous any combination in between..... 

Gaga loves to be avant guarde and over the top but she also likes to be elegant and classy..... she isnt doing any of it purely as a scheming career move. I'm sure at times she does thing about what the media and gp and fans want from her and reflect that in her style and performances... but many times she just does whatever the **** she wants and thats why I love her

Archived