Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna BANNED from BBC Radio1 for being "irrelevant and old"

Yves

Featured Posts

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Versace

LOL Madonna doesn't need air play tbh, she's already an icon, I feel after confessions she just released music for the sake of it and not for being relevant and on top of everything. Madonna slayed and topped longer than any artist that lived am I right or what !

I think it's awful that artists have an 'expiry date'. It even happened to Fergie who still reaches 'young people', and she's only just 10 years older than Gaga.

You're all laughing because you hate Madonna but things like this will be happening to your faves soon. Beyonce is 33 and it's clear she's not slowing down.

It's literally ageism on all fronts, no matter how you slice it. There was a huge drama when Radio 1 decided not to playlist Robbie Williams' song Candy a few years ago (as some members already noted), but it went on to be a huge hit and they still didn't play it. People obviously liked it, but they didn't play it cos the guy was nearly 40. That's messed up.

They should play songs based on how the audience respond. They've played the hell out of songs for months that barely dent the chart, but they're okay to not even give the chance to older artists?

If they did this based on race/gender/s-xuality there would be an uproar. I'd hate to be told I'm "too old" to do what I love one day.

What  :omg: That is awful. I can't believe this is real?

I get they are trying to be basic and appeal to the young masses, but to not spin someone because of their age is stupid. Fine, if the song isn't popular enough then don't play it, but to automatically rule out people of a certain age is ignorant. 

But this was to be expected. Madge Stans constantly calling Gaga Stans delusional but some can't accept that times will move on. Madonna isn't a young pretty face like Ariana Grande anymore and it's obvious. Her "comeback" probably won't happen (I could be wrong) and the sooner everyone accepts it, the better. Just enjoy the music and stop obsessing over whether or not she's being played on a radio station meant for teens of this generation. And majority of them don't wanna listen to her because they associate her with age and would rather listen to current contemporary artists. It's the way things go.

Oh and how lame can you get to try drag Gaga into this just to defend your fave...

I have to agree, but most people associate her with age because, despite what she thinks of herself, she can't keep up with pop music. It's that type of feeling you have when you see a grandmother trying to talk to her grandchildren about how hi5 and Twitter are "dope"... in 2015. It feels like that. She keeps wanting to be on top of the pop game, and she clearly can't anymore. Every move feels stale, repetitive, boring and... old.

The only way she can get back on track is by making something inspiring and that doesn't even try to chart well. If she keeps hiring producers that were popular 2 years ago to produce her albums, she's just going to release songs that don't have a fresh sound at all, and instead of fighting ageism, she's going to keep proving it.

gagzus

This can't be true :lmao:

it is, as of 2011 the new Radio owner has banned music from any artist over 40 from being played

Um, you do realise this isn't true? You can go right now onto the BBC Radio 1 playlist and find artists and bands there over 40.

Who the **** made this up?

elijahfan

It’s natural that as an artist gets older their audience goes elsewhere

... or their audience grows with them :wtf:

COLONiCPRiNXESS

Radio 1 is a pile of sh*t anyway. Most of the music they play is the PITS :madge:

this is just ridiculous, but is old news, wasnt this announced a few months ago? i remember reading the same thread about it.

Also she loks so amazing in the OP pic. 

also as much as i love kate bush, all those other artists the OP mentions they wont play are awful, loool

I invented post-its

Archived