Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy Azalea responds to Jill Scott and Eve's "Blaccent" stereotype

Remus

Featured Posts

Tove Lo

LMAO. Do you honestly think Hip-Hop fans are going to care about her defending herself? Rap fans don't even care when the greatest of all rappers defend themselves. They care about the music and how said person is going to retaliate with another song. This isn't the pop scene, although many of her fans think it is. The genre is suppose to be rough, you're suppose to battle it out. That's what makes it so entertaining and fun. Nobody's gonna give a **** if you're a rapper crying over criticism. They're gonna joke on you even more. Next time, look up the definition of stereotype, pleeeeeease.

*Also, did I say Iggy should write about her critics? I said if she spent less time trying to play victim, and ignored her criticism, and went hard on a track and made people realize she isn't just a pop rapper, maybe they would actually take to her better.

She said herself that she is pop and rap.

She is the victim.

Anyways, I'm too tired to deal with this ****.

M.I.A. is the queen of rap and pop goodnight.

hop on that **** like a maniac

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She said herself that she is pop and rap.

She is the victim.

Anyways, I'm too tired to deal with this ****.

M.I.A. is the queen of rap and pop goodnight.

I love M.I.A., too!

k good have a nice night love ya too

tumblr_n8t21sx9Xp1rfduvxo1_250.gif

Willy Wonka

LMAO. Do you honestly think Hip-Hop fans are going to care about her defending herself? Rap fans don't even care when the greatest of all rappers defend themselves. They care about the music and how said person is going to retaliate with another song. This isn't the pop scene, although many of her fans think it is. The genre is suppose to be rough, you're suppose to battle it out. That's what makes it so entertaining and fun. Nobody's gonna give a **** if you're a rapper crying over criticism. They're gonna joke on you even more. Next time, look up the definition of stereotype, pleeeeeease.

*Also, did I say Iggy should write about her critics? I said if she spent less time trying to play victim, and ignored her criticism, and went hard on a track and made people realize she isn't just a pop rapper, maybe they would actually take to her better. 

You're trolling hard homey :lmao:

In summary, when people try to apply pop logic to hip-hop<<<<<<<<

weak

ibgiCh5YM8mjFS.gif

Its funny how Azealia´s fans take any opportunity to call me out for hating on her (even when I stopped visiting any thread which would slightly deal with her a long time ago) but still they infest Iggy´s threads where they find any reason to be offended even on the least offensive statement she has ever done.

iCCCKnMZ6Lrae.gif

Willy Wonka

Are you really coming for her changing accents when Gaga herself can never fully devote to one single accent whenever she's interviewed  :coffee: Especially when gaga has concerts in other countries, you can't deny her fake accents when she interacts with the crowd.

Ugh I hate her accents. But the two are incomparable. Not only is Gaga squarely in the pop realm (when I was talking about the reality of the hip-hop community), but Gaga also routinely states that everything she does is performance. She never claims that's really how her voice naturally sounds.

Its funny how Azealia´s fans take any opportunity to call me out for hating on her (even when I stopped visiting any thread which would slightly deal with her a long time ago) but still they infest Iggy´s threads where they find any reason to be offended even on the least offensive statement she has ever done.

why are you going off topic? like fav like stan

ibgiCh5YM8mjFS.gif

i can add you on my ignore list if you ask nicely 

ibgiCh5YM8mjFS.gif

In summary, when people try to apply pop logic to hip-hop<<<<<<<<

Basically... because they are two different things.  :smh:

why are you going off topic? like fav like stan

ibgiCh5YM8mjFS.gif

i can add you on my ignore list if you ask nicely 

ibgiCh5YM8mjFS.gif

Yes add me to your ignore list please. I was thinking about adding you as well but then I thought you could still react to me in  threads and I wouldnt be able to defend myself. So now its solved.  :kisses:

aaronyoji

ehhhhh. Authenticity is crucial in the hip-hop community. She came in as a white girl from Australia who takes on the stereotypical southern black person when she raps. Theres no physiological or linguistic reason that that would occur. It's a conscious choice on her part, and it's inauthentic to who she is. That doesn't go over well in the hip-hop community, especially when it intersects with race relations.

exactly. projecting as a singer, which is a fundamental job to good singing, is NOT the same thing as sounding like a def person trying to sound like a different race. 

InGagzWeTrust

For all the heat she's getting and all the time she's spending "defending herself", her next record be fire... and I'm talking Hardcore Kim fire.

There's nothing wrong with defending yourself, but if you're apart of Hip-Hop as a rapper, you truly need to detach your feelings from critics and fans who dislike you and constantly talk bad about you and bring it in the studio with your music. Apparently she doesn't understand that yet. Until then... it's going to be a crying game every single time she talks. Girl, you RAP, people will be coming for you every moment they can. Hip-Hop relies on "beefs" and "criticalness," that's what makes it so interesting. There's no fluffy pillow guaranteed for you... Ignore it and make better music, and maybe Rap fans will give you a chance.  :fail:

Yes! I'm pretty sure all this sh*t is happening to her simply because she does bad music, I bet my life that if she comes with a good record next time artists will respect her, but I kinda doubt that based on Reclassified  :smh:

People saying they shouldn't "stereotype" her are completely invalid because when she talks she talks like a regular white girl from Australia, the black accent doesn't come out until she purposefully puts the accent on her words to try and imitate the way a black person would talk/rap.

She knows what she's doing

She's doing it on purpose

That's why every single time she "comments" on the issues, she just says some mumbo jumbo crap that completely avoids the point.

She purposefully tries to imitate black people and become successful off them, and then plays it off like it's nothing when people point it out.

Vernier

Omg must she respond to everything :air: Sometimes, it's just better to let things go, rather than reply to every critic or "hater", especially when you handle your responses as bad as she does :smh:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Yes! I'm pretty sure all this sh*t is happening to her simply because she does bad music, I bet my life that if she comes with a good record next time artists will respect her, but I kinda doubt that based on Reclassified  :smh:

If she actually spit hot raps, Hip-Hop fans would probably take to her. Hell, I would. But given all of her past tweets, I'm the victim!!1 persona, cut the BS accent, and mediocre music that can't even save her from being apart of the Rap discussion, nothing is going to change. Yes, it's catchy and fun to dance to, I can admit that, but she can't possibly position herself as this serious rapper who allegedly sparked change in Hip-Hop with songs like Fancy. A lot more work has to be done before she can even be considered.

Hopefully her next effort proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. :dies:

Archived