💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Murphy Promises “Reinvention� Of AHS After Murky Season 4

Prometheus

Featured Posts

Prometheus

Ryan Murphy is planning a “large reinvention†of American Horror Story when the macabre anthology series returns for a fifth season.

The next outing will be “completely different,†FX CEO John Landgraf told TV Line at the recent TCA winter press tour. “I know what it is, but I can’t [say],†he . “I have to let [series creator] Ryan [Murphy] do his thing on that. But it’s very different.â€

“One of the things I love so much about that is that it can be radically, radically reinvented in terms of tone, setting, period, characters, cast,†said Landgraf. “I think there’s going to be an unusually large reinvention in between Book 4 and Book 5 relative to, say, between Book 3 [Coven] and 4 [Freak Show].â€

The setting and characters for Season 5 have already been selected, Landraff revealed, adding only that the show would return to the present day.

“Ryan is really, really independent in how he makes these shows and what he does. So I know the setting, I know something about the characters and something about the tone and the time period, but I don’t actually know the cast yet.â€

While Jessica Lange has promised to return for one more go, nothing else about casting has been revealed.

http://www.newnownext.com/ryan-murphy-promises-reinvention-of-american-horror-story-after-murky-fourth-season/01/2015/

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I was the only one captured by this season. :emma: Hopefully the next season will feel fresh.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

While Jessica Lange has promised to return for one more go, nothing else about casting has been revealed.

ha?? whatt?? she's coming back for S5?! omg

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

artpopmess

He said that last year too. He's a mess tbh all of his shows turn to crap after two seasons. I mean the whole concept of different stories each season was to avoid that but he did it again

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

gagzus

he needs JLang tbh, but they should make it more like Season 3 bc I loved that season.

(i'd actually kinda love if he got gaga to make a cameo as a sociopath killer tbh, after ARTPOP & BTW era im sure she now has experience :teehee: )

im kidding

djBuffoon

I didn't think it was possible, but "Freakshow" has been even more disappointing than "Coven", if only because it started with 10x more promise.

evgenigerm2

I think Freak Show was the best season so far. I don't know why, but I adore it. It's amazing!  :classy:

„I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws.“

Caesium

Freak Show was good in my opinion. There were some weak episodes in the first half, but the second half of the season has been incredible. I just wish there had been more of a constant storyline throughout, it seems to change every few episodes. I've enjoyed every season a lot though, Coven doesn't deserve the amount of hate it gets. It probably had the most consistent storyline of the entire series. Bring on S5 :party:

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Jonna Lee

YAAAAAASSSSS OH MY GOSH JESSICA IS COMING BACK :giveup:

not the show moving back the present day though :what:

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

Pure Adrenaline

he better cast Gaga for S5

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Azor Ahai

Coven and Freakshow both had script problems.

They have to decide on 1 or 2 villains and 1 or 2 main heroes, the current 10 main characters and 1 new villain per episode system Coven and Freakshow followed is what made them unattractive.

Archived