💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Israel, Lebanon Miss Universe contestants in spat over selfie

Ronlop

Featured Posts

*When does a selfie featuring two beauty queens become an international incident? When the countries involved are Israel and Lebanon, of course.

*The trouble started last week, when this year's Miss Israel Doron Matalon posted a photo on Instagram featuring herself alongside Saly Griege, this year's Miss Lebanon, and her fellow contestants from Japan and Slovenia.

*http://instagram.com/p/xt0F8yD5YJ/

*The picture caused an uproar in Lebanon, which has a law forbidding its citizens from fraternizing with Israelis. In 1993, the government disqualified its Miss Universe representative after Agence France-Presse moved a photo of her smiling arm-in-arm with her Israeli competitor.

For her part, Griege claimed that she had been the victim of a sinister photobomb, writing on Facebook and Instagram, "I was very cautious to avoid being in any photo or communication with Miss Israel (that tried several times to have a photo with me) ... I was having a photo with Miss Japan, Miss Slovenia and myself; suddenly Miss Israel jumped in, took a selfie, and put it on her social media."

*Matalon responded with a Facebook post of her own, saying that Griege's reaction "doesn’t surprise me, but it still makes me sad." Addressing her rival, she added, "Too bad you can not put the hostility out of the game, only for three weeks of an experience of a lifetime that we can meet girls from around the world and also from the neighbouring [sic] country."

*The New York Post reports that the Lebanese government has launched an investigation into the photo. The Miss Universe pageant is scheduled to take place Sunday in Miami.

*Very mature Lebanon  :fail:  :fail:  :fail:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

inb4 people will say that Israel is even occupying selfies :toofloppy:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LetsGetHigh

Very mature Lebanon  :fail:  :fail:  :fail:

Dddd the lies, I live in Lebanon and I have yet to see any news anchor pick this or follow an update. Don't believe everything you read sis, and also you might wanna add a source link xoxo 

Sick of my country always being attacked by stupid ****s from the news, this propaganda needs to ****ing stop right now.

Dddd the lies, I live in Lebanon and I have yet to see any news anchor pick this or follow an update. Don't believe everything you read sis, and also you might wanna add a source link xoxo 

Sick of my country always being attacked by stupid ****s from the news, this propaganda needs to ****ing stop right now.

Faux news.

https://www.facebook.com/misslebanonsalygreige

But when you look at her profile you can see her apologising and claiming she was photobombed...

TasJkXy.png

I mean I hardly expect it to be headline news, but that doesn't mean it's untrue.

https://www.facebook.com/misslebanonsalygreige

But when you look at her profile you can see her apologising and claiming she was photobombed...

TasJkXy.png

I mean I hardly expect it to be headline news, but that doesn't mean it's untrue.

Maybe she was asked about it and gave an explanation. Maybe she was photobombed. I don't see an apology. I don't believe there was an "uproar". Who cares? I'm sure there are on other side people who are not happy about the photo and being too friendly with a "Gentile".

FreePalestine

Archived