💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will ARTPOP Be Praised In The Future?

Prismatic

Featured Posts

Yes I think it will be reevaluated positively.  There are so many quality songs that were "almost singles" and it's so diverse.  I think people will be shocked at how good it is when they stumble upon it.

I know I am :sis:

mte tbh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic

RIP yours ears

I'm just telling the truth, hun :hug:

Thank you for speaking the truth. :tea:

Nice to see another person that agrees with me :hug: <3

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

TEANUS

I personally think Born This Way is weaker than ARTPOP. I rather have ARTPOP over BTW anyday.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Tove Lo

I'm just telling the truth, hun :hug:

Nice to see another person that agrees with me :hug: <3

idk weak production is just not my thing.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Computer

I personally think Born This Way is weaker than ARTPOP. I rather have ARTPOP over BTW anyday. 

In the parts where Born This Way is good, it's really good.  I am talking about TEOG and Marry The Night.  But I agree the rest of it can be weaker than ARTPOP.

I can say TFM is the best, or that The Fame is the iconic album/era that started it all, but if I had to choose one album to take with me to a deserted island for the rest of my life, it would be ARTPOP.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Prismatic

What.... ARTPOP's production is top notch imo. 

Tokyo Rose

And how many ARTPOP beats were made for something else and then bought by Gaga?

Jewels n Drugs has "strong production" yet the song is literally about nothing. 

In the parts where Born This Way is good, it's really good.  I am talking about TEOG and Marry The Night.  But I agree the rest of it can be weaker than ARTPOP.

I can say TFM is the best, or that The Fame is the iconic album/era that started it all, but if I had to choose one album to take with me to a deserted island for the rest of my life, it would be ARTPOP.

Yes, we have the exact same thoughts! The Fame Monster is clearly her best work, but ARTPOP is by far my favorite. That'd be my deserted island choice too haha

Prismatic

TEOG & Marry The Night were the only song that was wow and really caught my attention when I bought the album. I actually hated BTW (the album) when it first release. I only began to like the album a little more when I was going to the BTWBall. 

No doubt about the TFM being epic and flawless (it's my second favorite thing from her). But the music, lyrics, production and theme for ARTPOP just slays imo. I love everything about it. I enjoy love Jewels & Drugs <3

Tove Lo

And how many ARTPOP beats were made for something else and then bought by Gaga?

Jewels n Drugs has "strong production" yet the song is literally about nothing.

I find the production on that song weak as well. To me the ones I find the weakest are any song produced by DJ White Shadow and were obviously not supposed to be singles. Ones with Zedd and Madeon were not weak at all then the singles weren't either but every other song was.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Jewels n Drugs

I hope so. It deserves to be recognized as the masterpiece it is.

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

holy scheisse

its a good album. 

its just a different album.

whereas the other albums all had standout smash hits on them, ARTPOP every song is at equal strength. there is no best one

that being said, born this way/tfm have standout tracks that are better than all of ARTPOP imo 

but overall i think people will look back at it as a very unique and creative album that happened at a strange time in gaga's carreer when she was learning to deal with the fall from her former grace. it truly is her DECAY album all along. yet its so vibrant and upbeat. its interesting

ryhanna

I think ARTPOP will be remembered as being Gaga's "meh" album. The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way will all be modern classics, but ARTPOP just kind of remembered as being mediocre. 

Mister Gaga

I think that if her next albums do well, in a couple of years ARTPOP will be known as the album that underpermormed (flop :lolgaga:) commercially, but also one of her best  :yes:

XoXoJoanneGaga

I think ARTPOP will be remembered as being Gaga's "meh" album. The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way will all be modern classics, but ARTPOP just kind of remembered as being mediocre. 

Pretty much this. TF + TFM are bonafide pop classics, and Born This Way is more controversial and alienating but it's also really bold and has some classic songs on it so it's likely to be looked at as a classic in the future. ARTPOP was just kind of there, and it wasn't boundary pushing or controversial, it was just meh for most people and it didn't make a dent in pop culture. That's not the kind of album that magically gets remembered.

Not to mention Gaga will (most likely) drop a few more amazing albums over the next decade, which will only further dilute ARTPOP in her discography. 

Archived