💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charli XCX: Iggy can do whatever the **** she wants

SIRE

Featured Posts

“Iggy’s not only a rap star, right now at this moment in time she’s a pop icon,†Charli XCX said.

“And pop icons can do whatever the f--- they want. They don’t have to stick within the boundaries. They don’t have to play the rules the right way. David Bowie didn’t. I’m not comparing her to Bowie, but who gives a f---? It’s just because it’s hip hop. There’s people who really think about rap and hip hop in such an old school way.â€

Ms XCX says Azalea is forging new territory.

“She’s doing something I don’t think many females have successfully done, which is put rap music in a pop arena. Of course Nicki (Minaj) has done it, but most of her big big hits are songs like Starships or Super Bass where she’s singing. Iggy doesn’t sing. She’s in a very unique space. For people who are super old school about hip hop and rap it’s hard for them to swallow. Also she’s beautiful, white, Australian and female. That doesn’t really happen in hip hop too much. It’s breaking the mould.â€

http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainment/music/charli-xcx-sides-with-iggy-azalea-in-azealia-banks-hip-hop-war-of-words/story-e6frfn09-1227165782922

SPILL ALL THE TEA CHARLI BABE

well up until the part about Nicki

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

Well she's right that Iggy can do what she wants. It doesn't mean she should/that it's OK though.

buy bionic

Blue Jeans

Pop Icon ?

cOVLbKH.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

LaMaisonGaga

Sorry I can't take a celebrities opinion serious when they keep comparing people.

lamaisongaga.com

monsterdreams

When ur album sells 1.1 million come back hun

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Iggy has the freedom to do whatever she wants, it's true, because as an individual she deserves that. Ideally, everybody deserves that.

But the point isn't her per se, but more her being the representation of the overall implications of the effects of structural racism (internalized or otherwise) in the music/hip-hop industry itself.

I herald Iggy's views on feminism, and despite her racist comments in the past, I don't doubt she's thought it over and is a relatively decent person now. But it's not necessarily her that's he problem- it's rooted a lot more in the historical context of the perception of tiered privilege.

3 points in and ready for more

SEVDALIZA

Well she's right that Iggy can do what she wants. It doesn't mean she should/that it's OK though.

operating from another world

Archived