Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Did ARTPOP deserve Grammy nominations?

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aga Gydal

If she was interested in making a Grammy-bait album, ARTPOP would have been very different. 

In the grand scheme of things, Cheek To Cheek getting her Grammy attention is much more beneficial for her than ARTPOP squeezing into a nomination. She could win with C2C at least. 

Ultimately this **** will not matter in 2 years.

Yes, especially when looking at some of the nominees, but I can't say any of it was unexpected...

And Gaga deserved to win AOTY over Adele with BTW but we know how that went down....

This too.

super ultra

yes. not in the album of the year/best pop vocal album but in the best dance/electro album. ARTPOP would deserve it :messga:

Desperado

people who say that the Grammys are not about charting and sales are full of ****, just look at the Nominations

and to answer you question, yes ARTPOP did deserve at least one nom

ARTPOP not because of Donatella, MANiCURE, J&D, Fashion! , G.U.Y. and poor execution of final version of Swine. AOTY should be perfect from start to finnish.

Gypsy didn't deserve also for the same reason as Swine.

So I think the only disappointment is lack of nom for DWUW and Dope, I think they really deserved something. Especially DWUW which is one of her best songs yet.

APPLAUSE4YOU

If any, ARTPOP deserved a nom for DWUW and MAYBE Best Pop Vocal Album. But I also believe that ARTPOP was her weakest deliverance to date and the GRAMMY committee knew that. Even though the album is not a dud (it has some great moments) the committee probably chose to leave ARTPOP out of the nods because of how superior her previous work was. This may be unfair when other albums on the same level as ARTPOP (if not lower level) were nominated instead but I think the GRAMMY committee is holding Gaga to the bars she set with her old albums, leaving ARTPOP below the par.

Chromichiga

I love ARTPOP, but I feel like it was more of a personal fan album than an album that related to anyone else (GP). It could have related to everyone else, but no one was listening or open to accepting the message of ARTPOP, except the fans. So, maybe that's why it didn't get nominated? I personally think it deserves a nomination, but at least Cheek to Cheek did! Woohoo!! I'm trying to focus on what's there instead of what's not. 

Archived