Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

gagaisitalian

It's actually a pretty good album but I just don't understand how this girl sells so well. Hardly any of her songs are memorable or unique and she sings about the same thing on every album. She betrayed her origin style, country, by falling into techno induced pop music like everyone else. 

Who cares that she is selling a million copies week one?

The minute Taylor Swift is too old to sell music to teenage girls will be the minute she no longer gets these big numbers. 

And again, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran were the highest sellers so far this year. It's not like she had competition. A lot of kids in the U.S. who purchase pop albums tend to just buy what is new. Thats why Katy, Gaga, Britney, Miley had underwhelming album sales in 2013....their albums all came out the same time thereby dividing the demographic. 

Beyonce, Rihanna, and Iggy have albums dropping in November. Watch Beyonce's new album not slay like "Beyonce" did. Competition means smaller numbers and no competition means big numbers. 

I mean....if ARTPOP had come out early summer 2013....it would have sold a million copies week one. 

You sound so pressed though.

I am in college and I know dozens upon dozens of college-aged girls AND boys buying this album.

The reason Taylor gets these numbers is because she has a fan base that's created of almost anyone.

Demi, Miley, and Selena are the ones that really only have the "teenage" girls on their side but look at their album sales...

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

1989 ain't the next Thriller....is an ok album imo and is being overly hyped...HGez4jE.gif

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

hmmmm....but I wonder how quick those sales will drop next week.

probably be more steady than BTW's freefall. The 84.27% chanteuse :legend: You tried it tho

Haroon

Longevity is more important.

Longevity is important but you can't really judge Katy Perry or Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift or quite a few other artists on that aspect yet, so until then we only have these facts to go on it seems  :shrug:

Congratulations to Taylor Swift :woot: Hurricane Taylor has come in full swing after all :legend:

XoXoJoanneGaga

hmmmm....but I wonder how quick those sales will drop next week.

Probably not too much. Taylor's second week drops are pretty low. Gaga on the other hand has 2 of the top 5 biggest drops in history

JeffSwift

I mean all it shows to me is someone who has a big fanbase of teenagers who buy the album. Longevity is more important.

Yeah, longevity is very important if you care about the general public. But when it comes down to success, the fans are the people who account for 98% of that. They are the ones who buy the album when it comes out, buy tickets to the show when they go on sale. Even if 1989 has no longevity that just means, her entire fan base was so ready for a new album that they bought it during the first week. 

Gianni Versace

Just because she's #1 chart wise doesn't mean she's #1 quality wise.

remember during the fame monster, gaga was #1 chart AND quality wise? those were the good ol days  :nick:

Gianni Versace

I mean....if ARTPOP had come out early summer 2013....it would have sold a million copies week one. 

i love gaga but this is just delusional 

It's the polaroid sets sis :giveup: People are legit buying a billion copies to make sure they get all 65 :giveup:

Oh yes that too!!

That is why I bought the standard & deluxe :rip:

Archived