Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

SomethingMore

Final update on November 4, 2014:

taylor-swift-2014-sarah-barlow-billboard

Swift earns the largest sales week for an album since 2002. It’s official: Taylor Swift's 1989 debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with the largest sales week for an album since 2002. 1989 sold 1.287 million copies in the week ending Nov. 2, according to Nielsen SoundScan. 

Here are some of the achievements Swift has earned with the debut of 1989:

- The largest sales week for an album since June 2, 2002, when Eminem's The Eminem Show sold 1.322 million in its second chart week at No. 1. The album debuted atop the chart a week earlier, selling 285,000 copies after it was released on a Friday, giving the album only three days of sales in its chart bow.

- Swift is the only act to earn three million-selling weeks with an album. She also racked up million-selling weeks with the debuts of Red (1.208 million) and Speak Now (1.047 million). She was already the only woman to have two million-selling frames. (Her first two albums, 2008's Fearless and her 2006 self-titled debut, bowed with 592,000 and 39,000, respectively.)

- 1989 is immediately the biggest-selling album released in 2014, and the only one to sell a million in total, after only a week on sale. It jumps ahead of Coldplay's Ghost Stories, which has sold 745,000.

- Incredibly, after just one week on sale, 1989 is the second-largest-selling album of 2014, behind only the Frozen soundtrack. The latter has sold 3.2 million this year. (It was released in November 2013 and has sold 3.5 million cumulatively.) 1989 and Frozen are the only two albums to sell a million copies in 2014.

- 1989 is just the 19th album to sell a million copies in a week since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991. Of the last four million-selling weeks, which have all occurred since 2010, three of them are owned by Swift.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6304536/official-taylor-swifts-1989-debuts-with-1287-million-sold-in?utm_source=twitter

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO It's predicted to sell 1 million copies AT LEAST

she is gonna break britney's record OMG

taylor-swift-sweet-dance-moves-gif-27.gi

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

HauntingHollow

Shame there is no talent to back it up  :witchor:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Shame there is no talent to back it up  :witchor:

Plays guitar/piano etc.

Writes music.

An ok voice. 

stop

Bradley

I wanna congratulate her but I kinda feel bad for Gaga.

I feel like everyone is able to top her with any effort. Can someone comfort me?

Brainiac

I hope yall do realize that she is the no.1 pop girl.  It's not even arguable

Just because she's #1 chart wise doesn't mean she's #1 quality wise.

GagaMyBlood95

I hope yall do realize that she is the no.1 pop girl.  It's not even arguable

She has the single sales, she has the album sales, she has the tour sales...

Yeah, you could say she is the #1 pop girl - but she really has just a plain ordinary voice and ordinary catchy predictable songs and that's the reason I can't stan for her  :sweat:

Her power on the other hand - is undeniable!

Archived