💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lorde chooses Charli XCX to appear on the Mockingjay Soundtrack

CHANTEL

Featured Posts

Spock

lmao I love how they're making it sound sooo prestigious and **** "Lorde is Curating the soundtrack"... the girl is just choosing songs :toofunny:

Good for Charli I guess. can't wait to see her next year!

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao I love how they're making it sound sooo prestigious and **** "Lorde is Curating the soundtrack"... the girl is just choosing songs :toofunny:

She's choosing artists to make a song to appear on the soundtrack, similar to Jay Z with the Great Gatsby. It's kinda prestigious too considering they're trusting another artist to put together an entire soundtrack for a multi-million dollar movie franchise. 

GypsyPrince

of course she'll choose her twin sister

:awkney:

choosing soundtracks for a movie is different from choosing what's going to be on your iPod playlist for the day.

The soundtracks can affect how well the movie is received, so of course it's prestigious because they obviously have lots of trust in Lorde's artistry. 

can u not, im tired of every charli stan bringing up her old work in every charli discussion to defend her.

true romance is great, but so overrated. she even said herself that she 'trying hard', to be 'cool' with that record.

this record is more her niche, with the punk sounds

Bye, you're not gonna force us to act in a certain because you're tired, just look away if it's so annoying

Redstreak

She needs to get Taylor again since they're besties.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

LordDisick

Bye, you're not gonna force us to act in a certain because you're tired, just look away if it's so annoying

or yall could just not act like sucker is so beneath her, when it is her style

or yall could just not act like sucker is so beneath her, when it is her style

Sis, it's very different from what she used to do, obviously when we see that some people don't like the current music were gonna tell them to go listen to her older stuff stop

monsterdreams

Does Charli's voice annoy anyone else after a while?

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Spock

of course she'll choose her twin sister

:awkney:

choosing soundtracks for a movie is different from choosing what's going to be on your iPod playlist for the day.

The soundtracks can affect how well the movie is received, so of course it's prestigious because they obviously have lots of trust in Lorde's artistry. 

You don't have to awkney me.

In this case, it's kind of like choosing a playlist. If she were choosing songs for a Baz Lurhmann movie, a sort of musically induced thing or a musical, where the music plays an integral part during the movie, then yeah, I wouldn't say it's an honor but it's a pretty big job. But this isn't this type of soundtrack.

The Hunger Games soundtracks are basically moody pop companion albums that play no part in the movie, just the end credits. So this soundtrack won't affect how the movie is received because the music itself will play no part during the movie. This isn't like when the Gatsby soundtrack came out and Jay Z got dragged for filth (it's a solid album imo) and there was this cloud of negativity before the movie even came out.

Sorry for having an opinion :awkney:

who will love me when the night is over

TBH, i wish they loved her during the True Romance era more. It looks like I will love SUCKER, but I hate how people know Charli now because of songs like Fancy, Boom Clap and Break the rules and not the Masterpieces like Grins, Nuclear Seasons and You're the One of the True Romance era

this tbh

Archived