💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Kim K - "Kanye never asked anyone in a wheel chair to stand up"

enigma princess

Featured Posts

gagaisitalian

Once again, this all speaks to the immense double standards that exist on this website. If this type of misunderstanding were ever perpetuated about Gaga (which there have been a few cases), you would all be jumping in to defend her. But, just because it's someone who you've, most likely, been spoon-fed opinions about, don't really know anything about and are biased against, he's some kind of ****ing villain.

Admittedly, Kanye is more arrogant than Gaga, but, at the same time, to a lot of non-Gaga stans, I'm sure she comes off as pretentious ALL the time. I know people who I've shown interviews of her to and all they say is, "I ****ing hate the way she talks" and, honestly, it's because the media makes her seem like a pretentious asshole. I think Kanye is a similar situation. I mean, admittedly, yes, he has done more in the way of being downright arrogant, but, at the same time, people allow these indiscretions to taint the way they view him in the same way non-Gaga fans would for things like: the meat dress, Gaga wearing fur, Judas, the Swine SXSW performance etc. etc.

In the same way that Gaga fans CONTINUALLY cry out for non-Gaga fans to "try and understand her" and to not have a knee-jerk reaction to things, I would encourage you, if you sincerely expect someone else to follow through on their end, to at least extend other artists the same courtesy. 

I agree with this.

I went to a Yeezus Tour show (might I add that it was incredible), and his arrogance, for some reason, really makes you appreciate him more. He went on one of his "rants" (it was only like 5 minutes, but the media shows the longest ones), and he is really just incredibly sensitive about his art.

Him and Gaga have a lot in common and when fans realize that they will stop hating on him.

I mean...

100909-fame-kills.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DanceInTheFlames

He stopped the show forever to make sure those who weren't standing up were in a wheelchair. Don't you think that's a little degrading for those people? I don't think he was being malicious, but it's really stupid. Sing your damn songs. Those people didn't pay to be called out for not having a choice on whether or not they can stand.... 

And no, I would not defend Gaga if she pulled something like this. I think the only thing she has done is told people to stand up in the middle of a song. Not stop a song for a few minutes and call out individual people for not standing up. Even if they weren't in a wheelchair he had no way of knowing why people weren't standing. I'm pretty sure Gaga wouldn't pull attention to an individual(s) in the audience in a negative way. Nor would she send someone out to go make sure they were in a wheelchair before continuing singing lol. And if she did, I wouldn't be happy with her. 

Again, I don't think this was as big of a deal as the media made it, but it was certainly rude and not cool.

thefamebitch

If you paid for a seat at a concert, and don't want to stand up you shouldn't have to.... Just cause you're at someone's concert doesn't mean you have to do something they want you to lol

Archived