💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga's flop to the top: why we're all part of her plan

LordDisick

Featured Posts

Flop to the top: Gaga's grand plan and why we're all part of it, whether we like it or not:

Lady Gaga’s global pop impetus has transcended past the Top 40 landscape and into other vistasâ€â€mainly the art worldâ€â€subsequent to her latest studio effort, ARTPOP. But this is merely the surface. Since bursting onto the mainstream scene in 2008, Stefani Germanotta’s insatiable appetite for eyebrow raising began long before meat dresses and other over-the-top regalia. After ditching her Upper West Side upbringing for the streets below 14th doused in neon lighting, Germanotta’s raison d’être was already established long before she was coroneted as Mother Monster.

“I don’t want to be an icon in just one form. I want to be an icon in many forms. So that’s where [ARTPOP] began,†Gaga tells Marina Abramović in her interview for V Magazine, “I thought about the cultural implication of the words; what the words mean.â€

Negative reviews and speculations regarding her career’s imminent doom flooded the Internet and social media. It seems as though no one is paying attention anymore to the self-proclaimed exhibitionist, yet no one can take their eyes off of her. The truth is, she’s been pulling the strings all along.

One tweet earns her a spot as a trending topic. One head-turning ensemble she’s photographed in as she’s leaving her apartment and it’s splashed all over the Yahoo! front page. The only buzz she needs to generate to release another album is to release another album.

VanityFairUntagged.png

Despite her recent absence on radio and TV, the Patron Saint of Teens in Teal Hair has already embarked on her fourth sold out world tour in support of ARTPOP. Her Born This Way Foundation concurrently grows exponentially as a sanctuary for social anomalies, outliers of society, and anyone who seeks counseling. Her anti-bullying crusade and fervid devotion to the LGBT community has taken the cultural zeitgeist by storm, empowering youths all over the world to take a stand and fight for themselves. No longer is it about record sales or being number one. Lady Gaga is merely executing the mission she’s had all along: to influence cultural shift and promote social change. Artistically, her amalgamation of art and pop in the mainstream spectrum will fan the flames of admiration and hatred. Because for someone to be deemed a flop, that implies people noticing. May she forever flop, because we’ll all still be watching when she does.

http://www.metromodemagazine.com/#!lady-gaga/c230e

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willy Wonka

It raises a good point. Except that people who are deemed flops rarely stay "flops" long. Either they find new success or they just disappear. Being a "flop" is really not a stable and lasting status like the writer implies.

JustPokeHerFace

I do agree she's going for cultural influence over success right now, but I don't think she deliberately started out that way. 

Jonna Lee

YAAAAS #REVERSEWARHOLIANFLOPPING :legend: :legend: :legend:

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

Economy

It raises a good point. Except that people who are deemed flops rarely stay "flops" long. Either they find new success or they just disappear. Being a ally not a stable and lasting status like the writer implies.

thats true. "Flop" is the phase of decay. your still famous and people notice you but your not succeeding as much

Either you bounce back up and are not considered a flop anymore... But if you keep flopping eventually  your just not noticed much anymore and no one bothers to call you a flop

Still tho, Gaga still doing fabulous in many ways :gaga:

Jonna Lee

It raises a good point. Except that people who are deemed flops rarely stay "flops" long. Either they find new success or they just disappear. Being a "flop" is really not a stable and lasting status like the writer implies.[/quotes]

lets pray for the former :thirst:

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

Slay a little. 

It's becoming more obvious that she doesn't want to be seen as just a pop star but has yet to break away from that image completely. Everyone is still judging her success based upon things such as chart success while she is having her work with Robert Wilson hung in The Louvre.

I doubt she will be deemed a flop for very long. I think C2C and her next album have a good chance at reaching number one and she has a lot of exciting project in the future such as her uni-s-x perfume and her space performance. 

I think at this point she knows she will be an enduring figure in pop culture, now she can really steer her legacy in any direction that she chooses.

nice edit ;) did you actually read the article

Yeah, I read it earlier today before this was made. :rip:  I thought people here might've taken this the wrong way. :laughga:

Glad I was wrong. :dead:

Spyro the Dragon

Great article. It's true- even when she's not landing #1 hits, she still makes headlines and is still watched as a global icon :legend:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Archived