💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga is killing her own fantasy

Rome

Featured Posts

codymonster

I completely understand what you're saying, but the truth is, she's a beautiful, inspiring, and emotional person. I don't think Gaga would be happy if she still was so distant. She feels close to us, and by opening up and becoming more human, she has saved lives and inspired millions. She still is crazy. I think she just seems more "normal" to us, because we know her so much. The GP, however, still see the same Gaga.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

She's a different person, I mean, is there a problem with being in love, having a dog whom you love, and acting normal? :wtf:

THIS!! :pawsup:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

MonsterofFame

Actually, one of my favorite things about the BTW-era was how personal and open Gaga was to all of us as fans. It made me love her even more to be so relatable and share some of her true feelings with us as fans not only at fan events, but publicly as well (interviews on late night shows, etc.).

I don't think the problem is her becoming more "human" to us -- it's that her style and fashion is not what it used to be. TFM was wild, mysterious, yet still high-fashion. BTW was still very fashionable, but a little too gothic and weird. And ARTPOP... I hate to say it, but many remind me of cheap halloween costumes. She also was very inconsistent with her looks throughout this era.

It sounds like somebody needs to get off GGD and move on.

It serves you no good to complain about her personality when that is simply who she is now.

Whispering

... because at the end of the day we are here for cool art and music.

That may be why you are here, but other fans have different reasons for being here.

I follow Gaga for multiple reasons, ones that extend far beyond the simple world of pop music.

freebit

The mystique always dies after a person becomes super famous. Eventually the jig is up, especially in the internet age. Lorde is the most recent example of this phenomena - no one knew who she was, refused to give interviews etc, then when she finally voiced opinions some began to dislike her. The only ones who have escaped this is Daft Punk, but even then everyone kind of knows they're just two (very talented) middle aged dudes with their own families.

I admit I miss the times when she was so committed to this persona, but I imagine it probably got exhausting after a while. Sometimes I feel like she'd be more respected if she had kept everything more controlled, but at the same time I imagine that would've made it difficult to have a real connection with her fans. Plus if she stayed locked in that persona it would probably be harder to evolve beyond it.

Wow, this is an interesting thread :o 

I miss the mysterious Gaga too, but i think that this change was inevitable

This.

I really feel that ARTPOP actually is a good bye album, especially with songs like Aura and Applause.

When she says

I killed my former and

Left her in the trunk on highway 10

Put the knife under the hood

If you find it, send it straight to Hollywood

feel that she is actually talking about herself and also Enigma popstar is fun, she wear burqa for fashion, even in Applause with the "I've overheard your theory, Nostalgia's for geeks"

:udidnt: This actually makes sense 

LilVenusian

I feel you pain bb. Her persona just isnt that interesting anymore. She has a boring, normal relationship, plays with her dog, dresses fairly normal on her days off etc. Even hearing about all her behind the scenes struggles and d--g use has significantly changed my view of her. That "free b---h" spirit that alot of us fell in love is slowly dying and the costumes and stage show is starting to seem more put on, whereas before it felt genuinely believable. Oh well, it was bound to happen one day, I guess she likes to feel closer with her fans by sharing more private information, but it definetly ruins the mystery and makes stanning less fun. On the plus side, I think shes pouring alot more of that adventurous, bold, spirit into her music, whereas as in the beginning it mainly went into her image and presentation. 

FameHookah

This.

I really feel that ARTPOP actually is a good bye album, especially with songs like Aura and Applause.

When she says

I killed my former and

Left her in the trunk on highway 10

Put the knife under the hood

If you find it, send it straight to Hollywood

I feel that she is actually talking about herself and also Enigma popstar is fun, she wear burqa for fashion, even in Applause with the "I've overheard your theory, Nostalgia's for geeks"

Yes it is :( thats why it sounds like a collage of all her eras and she has the iconic TF wig on the cover

That why she did the vmas performance and self refrenced her past eras a lot :'( i just want to cry because she is so boring now :(

I've never tought i would say that

Damn :'( i cant anymore

I'm waiting for her to commit metaphorical suicide on stage like how David Bowie did when he was done being Ziggy. :emma:

She did tho

At the end of every era she killed her past self

Vmas 2009 performance killed famega

The giant monster ate Gaga on the mb tour

And then she killed her mother goat persona at the BTWB

all of these during Paparazzi... Weird..

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah

She came out in her "Ziggy Stardust" persona. Unfortunately it was too successful and that image has trapped her, she's been trying to let it go for years and find herself anew but fans don't want her to.

Yep the Applause video explains everything perfectly (the cage , the black hands manipulating gaga etc)

WTF is MDNA

That may be why you are here, but other fans have different reasons for being here.

I follow Gaga for multiple reasons, ones that extend far beyond the simple world of pop music.

Pop is what gathered us here. Her person adoration came after

Whispering

Pop is what gathered us here. Her person adoration came after

Speak for yourself. :)

Alien Tulip

Yeah I understand and agree completely. I mean during the fame era she was mysterious but we still knew who she was (if you were a fan during the fame era like me) especially when you watched interviews of her from 2008-2009. I hate how she spoils everything now whereas back then she wouldn't even hint about any upcoming performances and music videos. I also think she's declined quality wise with her music because I just don't get excited about lady gaga anymore. The last time I was excited by anything shes done was probably swine fest and the vmas (only because i was there) but other than that she hasn't done anything exciting for me but I hope with the next album she's more under the radar and keeps her ideas to herself until the actual performance/other work. I know many fans enjoy that Gaga is the biggest open book to them (i mean really open like legs spread open) right now but I personally enjoyed when she kept her private life to herself. I'm a fan not gaga's best friend, I just want to hear about whats up with her music/other work not what shes feeding her dog and how her and taylor are doing.

Jeff Kunst

She didn't kill the fantasy, she gradually let it subsume her as she incorporated her normal life into it.

Archived