Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

La Roux DRAGS Underground Music, Comes In Defense Of Pop

Bio

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

I agree with the elitist attitude towards underground music being incredibly toxic and disgusting...

But i dont see pop music as more deserving of praise necessarily :laughga: She is right in that, to quote Queen Gags, Pop music will never be low brow :gaga:

What each music "needs" though is kind of preference, theres no right or wrong answer.

#PromoteOnlineKindess 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vespertine

What kind of embarrassing generalization.

Her view on music is something I can't recognize at all. Since when does music need hooks?

I cannot stand her apparent idea that all underground music is forgettable, basic and unworthy of serious attention because it "only sells 4.000 copies". She can do what she wants, but why talk about something you obviously don't want to understand?

:trootea:

Redstreak

I do agree that sometimes underground music receives more acclaim than it may really deserve simply because it is "underground."

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

No Angel

In a way, isn't she also dragging pretentious music snobs? I hate those kinds of people, too.

But I also remember her trying to come for Beyoncé in 2011 for the lyrics of "Run The World" claiming it didn't need 5+ writers to create a "repetitive" song. 

Maybe she's changed her mind on Pop music, but that's kind of a hypocritical statement on her part?  :huh:

Hexxx

Underground music slays mainstream

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Not her gathering the underground scene. Although music doesn't need hooks but she does bring up a good point here:

if you're really ****ing clever, where's the ****ing melody that I can remember? I woke up today and forgot your whole album

:applause:

SychosSoChic

I agree with her 100% but...

Isn't she like underground herself? :megaflop:

This :awkney:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

What kind of embarrassing generalization.

Her view on music is something I can't recognize at all. Since when does music need hooks?

I cannot stand her apparent idea that all underground music is forgettable, basic and unworthy of serious attention because it "only sells 4.000 copies". She can do what she wants, but why talk about something you obviously don't want to understand?

I agree with this tbh :awkney:

darkwolf

Quite accurate tbh :toofloppy:

just because something is underground, it doesn't mean it's innovative and original.

I could not agree more. Perfectly said :applause:

So many ignorant people in this thread btw. Her last album was a huge success on the UK with #1 and #2 peaking singles and a top 10 in the US. If that's underground then she is forever the queen of underground sales.

GagaSlayedYou

I get her point but music is more than catchy lyrics and great beats, it's all about expressing your inner sense in the most artistic way.

Poker

I don't agree with her 100% but

YAAASSS GIMME THAT HOOKS THAT I LOVE. I'LL PUT MY HANDS UP MAKEM TOUCH TOUCH

Kindness rules all.

Archived