💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

La Roux DRAGS Underground Music, Comes In Defense Of Pop

Bio

Featured Posts

Elly Jackson, aka La Roux has expressed her revolt toward underground music - arguing in favour of pop music.

Her claims argue that records aren’t cool if they’re not hook-heavy and sell a huge amount of copies.

In an interview with Time Out she said: "I like the ambition of making pop. Underground music gets all of the respect and critical acclaim, yet the stuff which sells ****loads of records doesn't," she told Time Out. "It's the challenge of writing music that's quality, but also pop, that I want to take on."

Asked if it was a problem with underground music, Jackson responded: "There are too many underground records. I'm sick of people saying, 'That record was so great,' and yet it only sells 4,000 copies. I don't see what's cool about not writing hooks; if you're really ****ing clever, where's the ****ing melody that I can remember? I woke up today and forgot your whole album – genius! I don't get it."

http://www.gigwise.com/news/92841/la-roux-argues-against-underground-music-in-defence-of-pop

YAAASS **** UNDERGROUND MUSIC, THIS IS POP!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artpopmess

Thats what ive always been saying when defending pop music

Yas La Roux slay sis

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

No Angel

In a way, isn't she also dragging pretentious music snobs? I hate those kinds of people, too.

Haroon

I like that she's standing up against the trash-talking that pop music gets :yes: It's unfair that anything that's pop is automatically labelled as "cheap" and "generic" and all those other negative words just because it falls under that genre :ohno:

Didymus

What kind of embarrassing generalization.

Her view on music is something I can't recognize at all. Since when does music need hooks?

I cannot stand her apparent idea that all underground music is forgettable, basic and unworthy of serious attention because it "only sells 4.000 copies". She can do what she wants, but why talk about something you obviously don't want to understand?

Diamond Heart

I dont like her, but i agree with this so much 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Blue Jeans

Well that hmm she sounds a bit uninformed.. i Mean there's a lot of great Underground music with great hooks but they just don't make it to mainstream, because of their image or looks, while Quality Pop music is rare and its most basically set on the image you put out... I understand where she's coming from.. she thinks there's no problem with being mainstream and I agree, but there's also the fact that a lot of talented people are left out while basic talent like Katy perry or selena gomez and etc are selling a lot.. its a bit unfair but its the reality of the Music Industry

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

FossMonsta

Again, believe it or not, im involved in the underground music scene, sooooo shes just sounding a bit snobbish.

RAMROD

Nnnnnnnn xtina1.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

It's not like she's a megastar in mainstream music though last time I checked

I love her nonetheless

What kind of embarrassing generalization.

Her view on music is something I can't recognize at all. Since when does music need hooks?

I cannot stand her apparent idea that all underground music is forgettable, basic and unworthy of serious attention because it "only sells 4.000 copies". She can do what she wants, but why talk about something you obviously don't want to understand?

I agree with you.

Archived