Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Cheryl Cole tops UK iTunes chart in 42 minutes

Michael

Featured Posts

Never heard of her apart from judging the X-Factor, can't say I'm crazy about this song though. The sax part just sounds like the guy was taking the pis* and the guys in the studio were all for it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jase

has yet to see a red update on Kworb tho :oops:

oops @ the latest light + dark red updates :awkney:

Stef

oops @ the latest light + dark red updates :awkney:

:cry:

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Jase

:cry:

she'll still go #01 officially with massive sales :P

Honestly, I like the majority of Cheryl's solo stuff but I just hateee this :fat:

Stef

she'll still go #01 officially with massive sales :P

Honestly, I like the majority of Cheryl's solo stuff but I just hateee this :fat:

To be honest, I expected it to sound like her previous leads as they were all catchy 

This took a lot of listening for me, I went from hating it, to liking it, to hating it, now i cant stop listening to it :rip:

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Michael

Tbh when I first heard the song i was like "WTF" but its a massive grower :applause:

and I think it sounds like Grown Woman by Beyonce.

StrawberryBlond

Guaranteed this would not have happened had it not have been on pre-order for the last two months. When it was made available, it was just the fans buying it and it was at in the #65-#70 region on itunes (as a pre-order) and in less than a week, it disappeared off the itunes 100 entirely, even though she promoted it in this time. Its only made a appearance in the last two weeks because it was just about to be released and radio started really supporting it. Only the fans are interested in it and even they are struggling to genuinely enjoy it. I can't find one non-fan who likes this song. The general public's reaction to it has been overwhelming dislike. Somehow, I think her team knew this would be the case and add this to the fact that her fanbase has dwindled enormously over time and she's due to make her big comeback and it was a foregone conclusion that this would be a pre-order. God forbid she breaks her streak of #1 lead singles.

I really lol'd knowing that she was going to join this small group of select UK female artists who have achieved 4 UK #1 singles. Geri Halliwell and Rita Ora. Geri Halliwell has sold less than 1 million solo albums in the UK (that's over 3 albums), her popularity went right down in the public's perception shortly after her debut, she's viewed as a Z-lister now, there is no demand for her to return to music and apart from Look At Me and her cover of Raining Men, I don't think anyone can remember any of her "hits" now despite all the chart success she had. And Rita Ora...again, huge single successes, but you can tell no one will remember her work in years to come as she's so anonymous. And despite all those hits, her debut album has barely scraped 300k in the UK, just earning her platinum status and no more. And Cheryl isn't far off - less than 2 million albums sold over 3 albums, her last era flopped because she no longer had X Factor to support her (her album sold less than 200k despite a #1 lead single) and the public simply can't recollect her singles except maybe Fight For This Love. With all this in mind, is having this amount of #1's indicative of quality or of public adoration? If the members of this select club are any indication, it's proof that charts don't mean squat in the grand scheme of things.

MANiCURE

In fairness, back in Geri's day she had to rely on people getting up off their ass and buying a physical copy. Rita and Cheryl have had it too easy thanks to digital downloads. Thanks to digital downloads charts really do mean nada!

PS. girl power  :dies:

Michael

Guaranteed this would not have happened had it not have been on pre-order for the last two months. When it was made available, it was just the fans buying it and it was at in the #65-#70 region on itunes (as a pre-order) and in less than a week, it disappeared off the itunes 100 entirely, even though she promoted it in this time. Its only made a appearance in the last two weeks because it was just about to be released and radio started really supporting it. Only the fans are interested in it and even they are struggling to genuinely enjoy it. I can't find one non-fan who likes this song. The general public's reaction to it has been overwhelming dislike. Somehow, I think her team knew this would be the case and add this to the fact that her fanbase has dwindled enormously over time and she's due to make her big comeback and it was a foregone conclusion that this would be a pre-order. God forbid she breaks her streak of #1 lead singles.

I really lol'd knowing that she was going to join this small group of select UK female artists who have achieved 4 UK #1 singles. Geri Halliwell and Rita Ora. Geri Halliwell has sold less than 1 million solo albums in the UK (that's over 3 albums), her popularity went right down in the public's perception shortly after her debut, she's viewed as a Z-lister now, there is no demand for her to return to music and apart from Look At Me and her cover of Raining Men, I don't think anyone can remember any of her "hits" now despite all the chart success she had. And Rita Ora...again, huge single successes, but you can tell no one will remember her work in years to come as she's so anonymous. And despite all those hits, her debut album has barely scraped 300k in the UK, just earning her platinum status and no more. And Cheryl isn't far off - less than 2 million albums sold over 3 albums, her last era flopped because she no longer had X Factor to support her (her album sold less than 200k despite a #1 lead single) and the public simply can't recollect her singles except maybe Fight For This Love. With all this in mind, is having this amount of #1's indicative of quality or of public adoration? If the members of this select club are any indication, it's proof that charts don't mean squat in the grand scheme of things.

k

Archived