💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GP is not rejecting Gaga...

giskardsb

Featured Posts

Benji

Top 10 selling albums WW in 2013.

Have you ever thought that the expectations in this fanbase are unreasonable and blown out of proportion?

Of course I do, hence why we see at least one thread a day of someone trying to defend ARTPOP not selling as well as her previous works or fans coming up with their own crazy plan for how the ARTPOP era should have gone and how it would have sold better blah blah blah

The truth is, she isn't as popular as she was but who gives a crap? As long as she keeps on going and releasing everything is all good!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kevbev

I think Gaga releasing more stripped back meaningful music is a risk for her but one that will pay off. She's always played the piano and been into Jazz but if you aren't a hardcore fan you don't really take the time to search for that. Releasing something like this would put a lot of attention on Gaga and make people question her as an artist and realise she doesn't need a heavy beat or a lavish show, she has a lot of talent. If Cheek to Cheek does drop in September before or even after a new album or single from her personally she could have a lot of attention again

Agreed. Whenever people experience her stripped down performance they are usually blown away. If more people saw that side of GaGa she would probably gain a lot of respect and appreciation. Hopefully Cheek to Cheek is marketed well and exposes GaGa's true talent.

PopBitch

I'm basically bunching TF and TFM together when I reference TF era.

The GP, whoever they are, many fans or casual fans, rejected it because it was a pale imiitation of her finest songs from that era.  So since it was similar but weaker, it magnified its weaknesses or that it sounded like a retread.  It would have been better to go with a different song and sound like ARTPOP.  But maybe I'm wrong and  maybe it wouldn't have mattered what song she picked, that it would be rejected because ARTPOP is done as far as singles and interest.   So at this point the singles and videos would be just for the fans and no expectations.  Do a live pro-shot video by Anton Corbjin in concert of ARTPOP. the song, like I posted before and make it the next single.  Gypsy is too much in the realm of Edge of Glory.  She needs to go completely unique.

Curunir

I don't even give a crumb of sh it about the GP

this.

and gaga and her team should carry out their plans regardless of commercial performance. just do it for the fans, videos and performances are what we live for

TimisaMonster

So Gaga should release Gypsy as a single, cuz that's what the GP will eat up??? :awkney: That's not accurate...seeing as how Katy's singles haven't been anything but basic pop...the GP still is making them hit songs. It's not based on the music...it's based on hype of a single and who's the person singing it. People hate Gaga and want her to fail...even radio doesn't want to play her music, cuz they feel it won't be a success. Like...making Gypsy a single is NOT a guarantee it'll save the ARTPOP era or bring back the GP :fail:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ashamednudist

I dont think that when people say they miss FameGa they mean the look. They miss the good music, the catchy choruses and hooks. They are not here for overproduced mess with drunk sounding vocals. 

bye her vocals are the best

PopBitch

So Gaga should release Gypsy as a single, cuz that's what the GP will eat up??? :awkney: That's not accurate...seeing as how Katy's singles haven't been anything but basic pop...the GP still is making them hit songs. It's not based on the music...it's based on hype of a single and who's the person singing it. People hate Gaga and want her to fail...even radio doesn't want to play her music, cuz they feel it won't be a success. Like...making Gypsy a single is NOT a guarantee it'll save the ARTPOP era or bring back the GP :fail:

Why all the blame on GP?  I see lots of fans on youtube on older music posting calling Artpost generic or lacking in melody and lyrics and her other work brilliant or posting that on the new music or some of it.  She had "fans" abandon her on this album also, not just people called the GP all lumped in together  on here alluding to people that have no taste but for generic music.  

MonsterRocket

How many times have we discussed this issue?? 1000 times?? 1001?? :awkney: It's getting boring... :awkney:

Weasel

Uhm the GP is not here for G.U.Y. because they didn't even know about it and she would slay with Redone :manicure: 

I don't think we should underestimate the "gp" (we are all a part of it btw). The greatest hits in music industry had pretty uncommon sounds when you consider them at the time they were released (Bohemian Rhapsody, Bad Romance, Royals, etc...). Maybe this is why ARTPOP didn't work that much (cf. When Gaga says all the songs on ARTPOP were created to be radio-friendly). Anyway, there are so many possible reasons to explain why it "failed"...

@giskardsd I totally agree when you say that something like TF/TFM wouldn't work, even if they are definitely my favorites. We are all happy when she wears something related to TF/TFM/BTW, but it seems to be forced and unnatural in my opinion. She should try to move on (unlike what she has been doing during this era), and create something totally new (musically and visually).

Emvee

I don't get it, Gaga put out an album, it sold well, and now she is touring on that album.

What all the fuss? :spin:

MonsterMum

This is why Cheek to Cheek will be so exiting. 

People will be like: OMG Gaga without the goofy outfits and her usual schtick.... she can actually sing :shocked:

But first release Gypsy Gags. Love you :kissga:

britneylopez99

The GP isn't rejecting Gaga, they just aren't taking notice because she didn't promote G.U.Y.

Applause and DWUW were highly recieved by the GP

and thats because they were so incredibly new sounding from Gaga. G.U.Y. honestly sounds like a cut from TF/TFM, which is why its charting poorly, because its not new. DWUW especially was such a different sound from her that it got people talking; same to a certain extent. people just need to let gaga do gaga, which is always fresh.

Schwerk

I think Gaga releasing more stripped back meaningful music is a risk for her but one that will pay off. She's always played the piano and been into Jazz but if you aren't a hardcore fan you don't really take the time to search for that. Releasing something like this would put a lot of attention on Gaga and make people question her as an artist and realise she doesn't need a heavy beat or a lavish show, she has a lot of talent. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

XoXoJoanneGaga

GUY isn't really a Fame-esque song because it's not catchy. That's one of the many reasons it flopped.

But you're right, Gypsy was the obvious single choice and would probably have gotten more radio play than anything else from this album.

Archived