💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga stole the ARTPOP name from Madonna?

HANZ

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

But she didn't steal it from Madonna then, she'd have stolen it from the reviewer :fan:

Houdini

ARTPOP is also an album of Githead and Robert Smith, both happened before 2013. I'm not saying she copied, only that comparisons are useless

HANZ

i already corrected ha :manicure:

I apologize

e5034017.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

vespertine

ARTPOP is also an album of Githead and Robert Smith, both happened before 2013. I'm not saying she copied, only that comparisons are useless

amen g0rl

TraeumereiLPB

People who are using their time trying to 'expose' or 'bring down' a Popstar, are either between 12 and 16 years old, or seriously need help.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Sugarfall

:reductive:

No but srsly you can edit Amazon reviews and this proves nothing even if it was real bc its the reviewer calling it ARTPOP. And ARTPOP is a genre anyways.

HANZ

Madonna was before them, she created everything, never forget that

e5034017.gif

LStephens11

Art pop, a related genre inspired by pop art, was developed as pop musicians drew inspiration from their 1950s and 1960s art school studies, including John Lennon, Bryan Ferry, Syd Barrett, and Brian Eno.[25] The loosely defined term includes music by Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, Laurie Anderson, Beck, Pavement, and Duncan Sheik. Art pop often refers to any pop style whose artist deliberately aspires to the conventions of classical music and poetry. According to Stephen Holden, many sources date the art pop's origin to the mid 1960s when producers such as Phil Spector and Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys incorporated pseudo-symphonic textures to their pop recordings, and the Beatles first recorded with a string quartet. In North America, art pop was influenced more by Bob Dylan and the Beat Generation, and became more literary through folk music's singer-songwriter movement.[26]

The collaborative metadata database Rate Your Music defines art pop as "a genre that blends the melodies of pop music with unconventional or experimental elements such as the use of progressive structures, unusual time signatures, abrupt tempo changes, vocal experimentation (like the search of extremely high-pitched tones, elongation of vocals, or the use of vocal techniques like throat singing), a symphonic, orchestral and theatrical performance, or the frequent addition of diverse electronic elements like trip hop or glitch."[27]

British sociomusicologist Simon Frith cited Roxy Music as the "archetypical art pop band".[28] According to Jason Heller of The A.V. Club, Eno was a pioneer of art pop and explored the genre on the experimental solo albums he recorded after having left Roxy Music.[29]

YAAASSSS Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd :legend:

But :rip: to the basics who think Lady Gaga invented ARTPOP. The only thing she did was delete the space between art & pop and capitalize the term.

Also, this happened in 2007:

Art_Pop.jpeg

Houdini

Madonna was before them, she created everything, never forget that

Madonna was also the mother of Jesus, never forget that.

HANZ

nice to see the good sis flopga is still on their minds

tumblr_n2oms38amv1rf37g4o1_400.gif

look at the thread again

they just noticed we made a thread about them in this forum using their thread, lol

tumblr_n2oms38amv1rf37g4o1_400.gif

HANZ

e5034017.gif

M

e5034017.gif

A

e5034017.gif

D

e5034017.gif

O

e5034017.gif