💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Vocals on TF vs TFM vs BTW vs Artpop

tokyodisko

Featured Posts

Chromatislaps

I don't consider them plastic at all, because of the quirks she would go with. They made her Gaga. 

Plus she still uses quite a bit of autotune. I mean, everyone does. 

I usually judge Gaga based on live performances. 

Do you think that could have had some effect on what I said about BTW's vocals? She switched it up a lot, almost too much and it got muddled for me.

It is! I feel like she's taking better care of it, because she can hit some of those notes and control it better again. :D

No  I think she didn't lose the ability to sing more nuanced with BTW, but I think to maintain her voice to be that strong and flexible is specifically for touring. Most singers at one point suffer from Laryngitis, an infection on the vocal chords, that forces singers to lipsync. Even artists like MJ and Adele used lipsyncing at some concerts because some vocal techniques were too straining on their voices. It also has a lot to do with nutrition, and the usage of alcohol and or cigarettes/weed  that affects vocal chords a lot.

Since Gaga sings in this Broadway like style, it sounds less strained. Even tho its stronger, singing softer/contrasting can sometimes require more straining since you have to evenly divide your breath over a longer amount of time.

I also think its her choice of being an evolving artist, and trying to sound different vocally and her preference of singing like this due the matter of straining I talked about earlier.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

I like her voice in all the eras, I can't decide (even if I think that her vocals on AP are her best because the songs showcase better her voice). Her voice is more powerful now too. The Paparazzi performances though. :legend: 

DrewStevens

I don't consider them plastic at all, because of the quirks she would go with. They made her Gaga. 

Plus she still uses quite a bit of autotune. I mean, everyone does. 

I usually judge Gaga based on live performances. 

Well she used autotune in some of her live performances during those eras. I know everybody uses it but some vocals in The Fame don't even sound like her real voice when she sings those songs live.

Pure Adrenaline

I'm not saying her voice hasn't matured. Her vocals are better now for the most part, but her lyrics sometimes suffer from it. I'm asking about more than a powerful range and all that jazz. Vocals are not solely about how powerful they are. Mariah had some amazing vocal talent, but I didn't like it all that much.

well then ur thread should have been "LYRICS on TF vs TFM vs BTW vs ARTPOP" not ''Vocals on TF vs TFM vs BTW vs ARTPOP'' becuase the one has nothing to do with the other 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

ChavaWM

I always wonder if the screaming damages her vocal cords

Julia Volkova screamed so much in songs that she got a vocal cyst, had surgery after surgery and poor thing can't sing anymore, she still tries but it's so raspy

http://youtu.be/iDBYWe0RNvA

Pain of fame1

ARTPOP vocals are the BEST GAGA VOCALS EVER. TF/TFM vocals were too autotuned and BTW were very edited ( Way too much reverb, but thats normal taking into account that the album was recording on a bus..)

VersaceKing

Her vocals are stronger than ever and this proves it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjmhwpzCbrY

:worship:  :legend:  :worship2:

djBuffoon

Apart from other elements, my favorite vocals of hers are on ARTPOP. I think it's most impressive how she is capable of completely differently colors and tones, depending on the song. Sensual, primal, light, airy, hypnotic, bellowing, jazzy... it's all here, with an added clarity and ease that was missing from the previous albums. She's clearly been working on it.

VforVendetta

I think her The Fame vocals are her worst and that she has only got stronger and better vocally with age. It's just an opinion though, I think people prefer different things when it comes to singer's voices. I cringe when I hear Ariana Grande or Mariah Carey sing, but that is just my taste. I prefer "deeper/earthier" voices. Sorry if this post doesn't make sense, this is my first time trying to describe vocals. :shrug:

I agree with this post so much! :applause: I also have the same taste in vocals.

Bambino

For me it's between TFM and BTW but I'm gonna go with BTW because her vocals sounded amazing in each song. She could go from splendidly doing ballads like You and I to greatly singing up-beat songs like MTN and Judas.

Tropico

BTW or ARTPOP are my favorite :legend:

Like every performance of Hair slayed :gaga:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Archived