💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

It's unfair to just say "The music has dropped in quality"

Tropico

Featured Posts

Tropico

has it ever occured to you some people don't like it because the music isn't as good, not because of its sales?

Some people have a legit reason as to why they wouldn't like ARTPOP but others often declare that "The music has dropped in quality"

A DIRECT quote from what said answering you're question? Did you even read the OP? Gosh :roll:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know... Idg your point because I basically said that in the OP :shrug:

Just posting my opinion :laughga: 

My Little Phoney

I completely agree. I have been studying music and performance since I was able to speak, and I trust my ears. I know in my gut that BTW and AP are her best work yet. But I won't try and pretend like my opinion is definitive, because different listeners react to different things.

As outstanding as some tracks from TF and TFM were, I felt it was very much the work of a newcomer who was figuring out her sound and padding out the composition with these cutesy touches, like the stuttering syllables, etc. So as entertaining as those efforts were, I felt there were numerous ways that should could excel in her craft and define her style without leaning on these specific crutches. And that's what I feel happened starting with BTW. Her canvas started to become more expansive and weird and unique, and not so tidy and radio-ready.

I agree. One can only dream of what she'll create next.

Tropico

Just posting my opinion :laughga:

Oh I thought were bashing me :rip:

Oh I thought were bashing me :rip:

Oh no :laughga:

I totally agree with your post :)

Celina

I just hate how most gaga fans put TFM on this high pedestal and deemed those 8 songs on it untouchable when you could easily take the 8 best songs off of BTW and ARTPOP and they would still be as good, if not even better than those 8 songs on TFM. 

The music has not dropped in quality, if anything she has been pretty consistent with that. She's just exploring different sounds~

Exactly this.

I'm also curious to know how some people objectively define "quality," if that's what is supposedly lacking on ARTPOP...

Economy

I always say good music is a matter of opinion. Thats why Gaga fans trashing ither artists saying they are inferior is also unfair

Personally i didnt like Gagas music on ARTPOP as much as her previous albums. For me it was a let down. Thats my opinion and im allowed to have it

Im not gonna stop being a fan because of 1 album im not a big fan of. But ots just the truth for me. I personally have been jaming to other songs on the radio from Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea etc more than Gaga.

I just wasnt a huge fan of ARTPOP. I never trashed Gaga for that, but ARTPOP to me is as weak as TF. I wasnt a bug fan of TF either with the exeption of the singles and Starstruck

people say the quality dropped, i believe because of the lyrics. there is no way you can justify the lyrics on ARTPOP; they are horrible and terribly written.

TF had clever, witty, interesting lyrics.

TFM had deeper, more consistent lyrics.

BTW had some of her best lyrics (and some of her worst).

AP just had truly horrendous lyrics, you can't deny it! even though all the songs are really catchy, you can't deny that Venus, GUY, J&D, MANiCURE, Swine, Donatella, Fashion!, and Applause have really, really bad lyrics. and the rest of the songs aren't as bad, but certainly aren't up-to-par with TFM or the best of BTW. 

you know what i mean? the quality HAS declined. idk what she did with the lyrics. i don't think gaga has ever been a brilliant lyricist, but you used to be able to see SOME effort in them at least :/

Venus, alone, though.... when you list the planets in your song and include: "Aphrodite lady, seashell bikini, garden panty"...what?! lol

Tropico

people say the quality dropped, i believe because of the lyrics. there is no way you can justify the lyrics on ARTPOP; they are horrible and terribly written.

TF had clever, witty, interesting lyrics.

TFM had deeper, more consistent lyrics.

BTW had some of her best lyrics (and some of her worst).

AP just had truly horrendous lyrics, you can't deny it! even though all the songs are really catchy, you can't deny that Venus, GUY, J&D, Manicure, Swine, Donatella, Fashion!, and Applause have really, really bad lyrics. and the rest of the songs aren't as bad, but certainly aren't up-to-par with TFM or the best of BTW.

you know what i mean? the quality HAS declined. idk what she did with the lyrics. i don't think gaga has ever been a brilliant lyricist, but you used to be able to see SOME effort in them at least :/

Venus, alone, though.... when you list the planets in your song and include: "Aphrodite lady, seashell bikini, garden panty"...what?! lol

This is what I meant by unfair. What you find as terrible lyrics someone might find as great lyrics. And the fact that you said "You can't deny it!" And "It HAS declined in quality" is completely a matter of opinion. Imo... NO! It hasn't. And that's fair for me to say. It would be fair if you said "IN MY OPINION ARTPOP has declined in quality". It isn't a fact. Music can not be labeled just like that. The only fact's are things like "The album is titled ARTPOP." "The album has 15 tracks." "The album has a song called Dope." Those sorta things are facts. Not what you said. That is OPINION. So no... I can only say that what you have said is unfair and an opinion.

AbuHassan1992

A DIRECT quote from what said answering you're question? Did you even read the OP? Gosh :roll:

"but others often declare that "The music has dropped in quality"

Which is a legit opinion. Read your own OP, you're saying people who don't like the album are just saying it because it's not as successful as her past ones.

I think The Fame is **** except for a few songs, TFM is the perfect mix between commerciality and experimentalism and a really cohesive album, Born This Way is a perfect masterpiece and a very personal/original/daring album, and ARTPOP is the return to extremely pop songs, except for a few songs, the rest are extremely commercial songs, so it's definitely not my fave album of hers.

ARTPOP wasn't just a drop in quality musically.

It was a drop

- conceptually

- visually 

- fashion wise (this especially!)

- dancing wise 

etc

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

MonsterRocket

Sorry but it actually has... :awkney:

Gaga has no experience as producer, so since BTW, when she started to co-produce and produce, her music dropped in quality.

Not saying that it's gone bad. DWUW, Venus (entirely produced by her in fact), Bloody Mary, Scheisse or Applause are great songs, but you can tell the lack of experience and knowledge towards the production comparing them to Bad Romance, Monster or Alejandro.

Tropico

"but others often declare that "The music has dropped in quality"

Which is a legit opinion. Read your own OP, you're saying people who don't like the album are just saying it because it's not as successful as her past ones.

Bro my point in that paragraph was certain people judge by success. Others don't. And that's why I used the word declare to show that some people believe what they think is right is right. But the OVERALL point was people have different opinions so you cannot just state that it is a decline.

AbuHassan1992

Bro my point in that paragraph was certain people judge by success. Others don't. And that's why I used the word declare to show that some people believe what they think is right is right. But the OVERALL point was people have different opinions so you cannot just state that it is a decline.

let it go, let people say what they wnt without being so a--l about it.. you're really making generalizations you know

Archived