💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why would Gaga want to censor the Dubai show, but not her BTWB tour?

Spyro

Featured Posts

Nemo

The thing they wrote about the meeting & greeting is so cringeworthy :rip:

Yes, they're idiots... which is why I don't see why anyone should be taking them seriously about the censorship, either.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bumblebee

She should not have added Dubai in the first place.

No add = No cancellation.

And I also don't want her to perform in Israel or Turkey for certain reasons to be honest.

If I would be walking in her shoes, I would not play shows in countries that clearly do not deserve it because of their ****ed up Governments and their medieval politics...

But we can't deny the fact that the fans which truly love Gaga most often do not stand by the f*cked up government policies and strategies, don't you think so? 

Qualle1

But we can't deny the fact that the fans which truly love Gaga most often do not stand by the f*cked up government policies and strategies, don't you think so?

And still I would NOT perform in any country, that does not come up to my expectations. You know, fully human rights and democracy first! ;)

I feel sorry for fans in countries like Dubai, but I would never ever perform there.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

Danveries

Let's get real. She not as big as she used to be. Look at both tour dates, the ARTPOP is way smaller.

Up until ARTPOP, her freaking albums were censored.

Even in Canada, you couldn't get a CD of Bad Romance where she was a free b---h and not a bit.

Maybe after not being able to see fans in Indonesia, she's decided she'd rather perform a more censored show and be able to see them.

It wasn't a refusal to compromise with the govt that ended her Indonesia show - it was fear of violence from Islamo-fascists militants who just wanted her to keep out.

Vanilla

It wasn't a refusal to compromise with the govt that ended her Indonesia show - it was fear of violence from Islamo-fascists militants who just wanted her to keep out.

But she knows Indonesia is a similar cliamte, and refusing to to compromise could result in cancellation

I won't die, but I can't live without you

Born To Slay

I wish she didn't cancel that show, it would've slayed if she was like "go **** yourself" and played anyway with extra security

Random Miku Fan

Today in Jakarta, Indonesia, was day #1 of Miku Expo, with exhibits, panels, and three full Hatsune Miku concerts, the first of which just concluded.  Miku is also opening for Gaga in Seattle tonight, then right after the show is back in Jakarta for concert #2.

I hope there isn't any ill feeling backstage at artRAVE now between Gaga and Miku, what with Miku zipping back and forth to Jakarta for three concerts, where Gaga wasn't able to do one :eek:

No word yet on whether Miku was censored. Video of the crowds outside doesn't seem to show any protestors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyCd5hsslpo

BotfL9nIEAAMMDE.jpg

Ouranos

I think the message of the BTWB was something that was very special to her and which she didn't want to censor. Censorship in general was also completely contrary to the whole point of BTW.

im glad someone else thought this 

I think the message of the BTWB was something that was very special to her and which she didn't want to censor. Censorship in general was also completely contrary to the whole point of BTW.

artRave, on the other hand... is just a rave. It's a fun concert. I think she'd rather let her fans see her this time.

MTE

MarryTheSequins

Why is it even an issue if it's just for money, like she said, record labels do not have money and touring is how she does make money? I'm happy to give my money to Gaga and her team because they work hard and deserve it.

Archived