💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa's Radical Optimism debuts at #2 in the US

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby
Posted (edited)

Radical Optimism debuts at No. 2 on Billboard 200.
It enters with 83,000 equivalent album units earned — a personal best for the singer-songwriter. Of its starting sum, album sales comprise 51,500, SEA units comprise 30,500 (equaling 39.7 million on-demand official streams of the album’s songs) and TEA units comprise 1,000.

Physical sales comprise 39,000 (20,000 on vinyl, 18,000 on CD and less than 1,000 on cassette) and digital download sales comprise 12,500.

The album’s sales were bolstered by its availability across 20 physical variants, all with the same 11 songs. There were 11 vinyl editions in assorted colors (one of which was signed, and most variants were exclusive to specific retailers) and two cassette tapes. In terms of CDs, there was a widely available standard CD with a lenticular cover, and then multiple CD iterations sold exclusively in Lipa’s webstore (a signed standard CD, a zine CD package, and four deluxe CD boxed sets — each containing a branded T-shirt and a CD, and two of the boxes also included a signed art card).

In addition, the album was issued as a widely available standard 11-song digital download and a deluxe digital album with two live bonus tracks sold exclusively in Dua’s webstore.

Radical Optimism is Lipa’s second top 10-charting effort, following her sophomore set, 2020’s Future Nostalgia, which peaked at No. 3.

On the promotional front, Dua opened both the Brit Awards (March 2) and the Grammy Awards (Feb. 4). On the former, she performed “Training Season,” while on the latter she presented a medley of “Training Season,” the Grammy-nominated Barbie soundtrack hit “Dance the Night” and “Houdini.” On May 4, a day after the album’s release, Lipa hosted and performed on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, performing “Illusion” and the album’s “Happy for You.” Further, the entertainer was named to Time 100 list of the most influential people of 2024 (and appeared on the magazine’s April 29 cover), graced the covers of both Rolling Stone (for its February issue) and Elle (May issue), sat down with Apple Music’s Zane Lowe for an hour-long interview (May 1) and even went day drinking with Seth Meyers (Dec. 11, 2023).
source

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 14

Spartacus
22 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

20 physical variants, all with the same 11 songs.

:awkney:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • LMAO 8
  • Shook 1

Mocchi
5 minutes ago, SPARTACUS said:

Where are the Taylor haters here??? :ladyhaha:

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 5

River
1 hour ago, SPARTACUS said:

1 hour ago, Mocchi said:

1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

20 physical variants, all with the same 11 songs.

That's the different between Dua and Taylor:huntyga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 10
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Lanadelduck

So, the fact that FN only peaked at 3 is criminal. RO is not it. 

• Thanks 2

monstertoronto

I really like this album. It’s not FN but it’s super solid and will prob continue to grow on me. I like that she’s actually improved her stats with this, getting a US number 2 and a personal best sales week, when everyone is saying she flopped. It’s actually all relative, she’s doing fine. 

• Like 7

NATAH
2 hours ago, Mocchi said:

what does this thread have to do with taylor swift?

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chromatography
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

what does this thread have to do with taylor swift?

swifties make literally everything about her

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

SharGaga
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mocchi said:

Don't give them any attention sis. When Olivia dropped 4 exclusive tracks on 4 different vinyl variants it was crickets. When she released an entire different vinyl with all 4 exclusive tracks in November it was crickets. The truth is all exclusive tracks by Taylor always get leaked in HQ within 24 hours. Besides everything is on streaming anyway. Hits Different (Midnights) was available in HQ by release day on various sites. Nobody has to buy those vinyls for an 'exclusive track' in the day and age of piracy. It's just a Telegram search away. It's all just faux outrage. The real difference between Dua and Taylor is that Taylor had 5 vinyl variants (including a Target exclusive clear vinyl) and sold 2.6 million and Dua couldn't even crack 100k with 20 variants. Taylor is simply supplying demand for her music while others are supplying demand they don't even have. I'm a Swiftie and have never bought a record of hers in my life. I just stream it. 

OT: Congrats to Dua. I was in the top 1% listeners for RO on Spotify! I didn't know Spotify did that. Unlike others I really enjoy this album. Glad she got the #2 but a deluxe version would be wise in the near future if she wants the album to have any legs. There's some bops on it tho and Watcha Doin' definitely should be the next single.

Edited by SharGaga
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

waterfall

this is really good for dua

im so happy for her

kinda shook future nostalgia didnt peak at number 1 lol. im sure she def gained a lotta fans out of it tho and its helping cuz this album opened with more units.

• Like 1

olive specter
3 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

When Olivia dropped 4 exclusive tracks on 4 different vinyl variants it was crickets

probably because not that many people cared about the album and LM are not really her demographic

4 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Nobody has to buy those vinyls for an 'exclusive track' in the day of and age of piracy.

nobody needs to buy anything, it's still shitty to put one song on each vinyl - shitty to your fans who want to have it in a physical form and shitty to the planet - people buying multiple vinyls because of different colors is bad enough, encouraging that by adding different songs is another level

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spartacus
3 hours ago, River said:

That's the different between Dua and Taylor:huntyga:

That ain't the only difference... :trollga:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • LMAO 1

SharGaga
Just now, olive specter said:

probably because not that many people cared about the album and LM are not really her demographic

nobody needs to buy anything, it's still shitty to put one song on each vinyl - shitty to your fans who want to have it in a physical form and shitty to the planet - people buying multiple vinyls because of different colors is bad enough, encouraging that by adding different songs is another level

I get it but nobody is forced to buy anything. Like I said as a Swiftie I haven't bought any of her records. Taylor wants to break records and is a smart business woman. Also as an artist who writes and coproduces all of her records I don't really blame her for wanting to get her money's worth. Every Swiftie knows that because of her popularity her exclusive tracks get ripped immediately in HQ. I think it's more wasteful to the planet to put out 20 variants that probably won't sell out than putting out 5 variants that most definitely will sell out. And I think if you're gonna put out a different colour vinyl a different cover & tracklist is actually better than putting out the same stuff. It's just how you look at it really and most Swifties aren't complaining about the variants. Also stream Radical Optimism.

olive specter
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

I get it but nobody is forced to buy anything.

i know, i said it myself

mart business woman.

smart buisness woman, or someone with no limits?

And I think if you're gonna put out a different colour vinyl a different cover & tracklist is actually better than putting out the same stuff

it's not
most people will choose one they like the most and buy it
only crazy fans will need every color

when you add a song to it, now people in the middle will consider buying multiple copies too

but whatever, nobody will stop her and it's not like she cares either
back to dua

Edited by olive specter

SharGaga
Just now, olive specter said:

i know, i said it myself

smart buisness woman, or someone with no limits?

it's not
most people will choose one they like the most and buy it
only crazy fans will need every color

when you add a song to it, now people in the middle will consider buying multiple copies too

but whatever, nobody will stop her and it's not like she cares either
back to dua

I think a lot of the hate train on GGD has to with the fact that Taylor released 9 albums since 2019 while Gaga has only released one. The way some members were claiming Taylor 'only' selling 2.6M with 5 variants as a 'personal win' proves this. Hiding behind Adele's 25 stats to somehow make Taylor's achievement less impressive is mental. It's like Gaga said. It's hatred disguised as backlash. Technically it isn't off topic because Taylor had the #1 album of the week even though this thread only focuses on Dua. I just try to stay away from posting or reading too much these days on GGD because some of the hate comments against Taylor really make me feel mentally ill. Gotta do what's best for me. Gonna take a shower now and blast Radical Optimism for what it's worth. Peace!

• Thanks 2