Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why would Gaga want to censor the Dubai show, but not her BTWB tour?

Spyro

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LStephens11

I get the feeling that this thread is actually a complaint posed in the form of a question. So to respond: why do you care that she decided not to take such a strong stance against wearing more conservative clothing so she could allow a whole other group of people to see her that otherwise wouldn't be able to?

I think the message of the BTWB was something that was very special to her and which she didn't want to censor. Censorship in general was also completely contrary to the whole point of BTW.

artRave, on the other hand... is just a rave. It's a fun concert. I think she'd rather let her fans see her this time.

lol and how do u knnow that she didn't fight with this one too :smh:

but maybe she said to herself "Hmmmm Gags so what would be more reasonable cutting 1/2 songs and putting more clothes and making 40k kids have the time of their lives or acting like total b---h and refusing to play because my ego is higher than Jesus"

why would u assume these kind of things maybe she just wanted to make it win/win for each side including her fans which according to her are the most important thing after her family so she would keep her so called 'morals' and refuse to do her show there or follow the morals she has stated to have to her fans and put the show on for them :later:

basically these :P

/thread :laughga:

Dayman

It's either she censors it or she doesn't get to perofrm for a huge audience. She would rather censor a show than give no show to fans.

I think Gaga would have no problem sacrificing & censoring her show just for the sake of us

Qualle1

I am completely against any kind of censorship.

If they can't handle the artRAVE in Dubai as it is meant to be (artistically and musically) and ask for any kind of "changes" or shall we better say "censorship", they should NOT get a show at all.

I always thought, ARTPOP would be about "Music not the bling"?!?

I am extremely disappointed to be honest...

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

Qualle1

Because in dubai they will imprison her and torture her to death

Oh, I am sure this will boost her mediocre ARTPOP sales and might get her posthumously the first global # 1 smash-hit out of this lousy managed era!

Go for it, Gagzzz!

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

bumblebee

It seems to me:

a) that she believes the fans would be happy to see a show without Aura, Alejandro and some other songs rather than miss an opportunity to see her live at all 

b) she is doing it in order to meet LiveNation demands. Organizing and managing a tour is insanely exhausting, responsible and tiring job,  it seems like the tour was on the verge of being cancelled at all and after Gaga parted ways with Troy. I believe that Arthur Fogel was the man who saved the situation and helped her to hit the road with ARTPOP regardless of all the management problems she might have experienced. Since the tickets for the artRave are relatively less expensive in the USA/Canada, they are likely trying to compensate it with high-profit dates like Dubai. 

I am completely against any kind of censorship.

If they can't handle the artRAVE in Dubai as it is meant to be (artistically and musically) and ask for any kind of "changes" or shall we better say "censorship", they should NOT get a show at all.

I always thought, ARTPOP would be about "Music not the bling"?!?

I am extremely disappointed to be honest...

I think if you asked the fans a question: 

Would you see Gaga perform the show without some songs (1) or would you miss the opportunity to see her perform (2)?

the majority would pick (1) for an answer 

Qualle1

It seems to me:a) that she believes the fans would be happy to see a show without Aura, Alejandro and some other songs rather than miss an opportunity to see her live at all b) she is doing it in order to meet LiveNation demands. Organizing and managing a tour is insanely exhausting, responsible and tiring job, it seems like the tour was on the verge of being cancelled at all and after Gaga parted ways with Troy. I believe that Arthur Fogel was the man who saved the situation and helped her to hit the road with ARTPOP regardless of all the management problems she might have experienced. Since the tickets for the artRave are relatively less expensive in the USA/Canada, they are likely trying to compensate it with high-profit dates like Dubai. I think if you asked the fans a question: Would you see Gaga perform the show without some songs (1) or would you miss the opportunity to see her perform (2)? the majority would pick (1) for an answer

It's not the decision of her fans, where and what she has to perform.

It's her and her management's decision, where she will perform and where not.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

bumblebee

It's not the decision of her fans, where and what she has to perform.

It's her and her management's decision, where she will perform and where not.

Well it's surely this way, but regardless of that, the show in Dubai is likely to be an exclusive opportunity for many of her fans to see her live. For many of them it may even be the first opportunity to attend her concert, and nobody knows how much time it takes until they can see her show again. 

So to cancel this show and leave thousands of fans without opportunity to attend her concert because she has been asked to be culturally appropriate is not the most reasonable choice either. 

Qualle1

Well it's surely this way, but regardless of that, the show in Dubai is likely to be an exclusive opportunity for many of her fans to see her live. For many of them it may even be the first opportunity to attend her concert, and nobody knows how much time it takes until they can see her show again.  So to cancel this show and leave thousands of fans without opportunity to attend her concert because she has been asked to be culturally appropriate is not the most reasonable choice either.

She should not have added Dubai in the first place.

No add = No cancellation.

And I also don't want her to perform in Israel or Turkey for certain reasons to be honest.

If I would be walking in her shoes, I would not play shows in countries that clearly do not deserve it because of their ****ed up Governments and their medieval politics...

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

KishiKCM

Don't forget she was being THREATENED by some local organizations in Jakarta. That whole situation was unfortunate that she had to cancel, but it was also a huge risk not censoring it for Indonesia. Many artists travel to UAE and perform with no issues, but Indonesia and Malaysia have seen a lot of pop shows cancel or censor due to their laws.

gardenpanty

I think the message of the BTWB was something that was very special to her and which she didn't want to censor. Censorship in general was also completely contrary to the whole point of BTW.

artRave, on the other hand... is just a rave. It's a fun concert. I think she'd rather let her fans see her this time.

this.

and BTWB was censored. :fan:

Archived