Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Potential VMA nominations

Spanish Eyes

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spanish Eyes

If Lana Del Rey can get nominated, I believe that GUY could too.

GypsyDope

applause will get a nomination...not sure about g.u.y you and i and marry the nights weren't nominated last time  :awkney:

thats because of the cut offs

Spanish Eyes

Plus, even though GUY didn't really stick as a song, it was a big deal when it was first released. Maybe that counts for something...

Tanner

i don't think applause will be nominated

it came out august, it'd be a full year before the next VMA'S

elsongalang

Applause is going to be nominated mostly in the technical categories (editing, choreography, etc). That video is undeniably a masterpiece too! It has this huge chance of being nominated in the Best Pop Video. On the other hand, GUY is an art in motion. It will most probably be nominated in the Best Female Video. For VOTY, I am not sure if whether MTV is going to nominate any. But my personal bet will go for GUY., 

Girrr

I predict Applause will be nominated in Best Female Video and Best Art Direction. Perhaps G.U.Y. can manage a nom for Best Cinematography and maybe Choreography. I wouldn't doubt that Gaga doesn't win any. I can't say I would care either. Award shows continually cater to videos and songs that have no right being nominated. I suppose that's why Gaga doesn't make it a point to attend. It'd be cool to see more pop stars care less about the "bling" and just boycott attending. Maybe then credit will be awarded to quality and not chart position.

Cody Draco

Applause is a flawless music video. Visually it is stunning and among her best imo. I hope she wins in the technical categories. I don't think enough people like the song to win any major categories. Like it or not, I despise the music video, Dark Horse is a gigantic hit and will probably win the major categories if Wrecking Ball doesn't.

Since Ride by Lana Del Rey didn't win Best Cinematography (IT SHOULD HAVE) I don't see G.U.Y winning... sorry Gaga. :(

Plus, even though GUY didn't really stick as a song, it was a big deal when it was first released. Maybe that counts for something...

I see you shiver with antici...

...pation :creepflop:

Hope it all works out, Applause and G.U.Y. Deserve SOMETHING...

Wet Fire

Applause - Best Art Direction

- Best Visual Effects

- Best Editing

GUY - Best Choreography

- Best Cinematography

Those are just my ideas. What do you guys think?

I absolutely agree with your noms! :applause:

I think G.U.Y. has a chance to be nominated in Best Direction. Applause and G.U.Y. both may be nominated for Best Art Direction. But it's not too possible though. And Gaga will definitely get nom in Best Female Video for Applause. :yes:

grenziel

I honestly think that if MTV will not let her win, then i'm here for not being nominated at all.

But, APPLAUSE and G.U.Y. deserves major and technical awards in my most critical opinion.

Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want be abused.

HarryTheNight

I swear if Dark Horse wins something I'm done with this planet. I've never seen a worse MV.

i thought that too until i saw Birthday :eww:

eamonster123

ill be surprised if she even gets nominated this year tbh

applause will probably get nom for best art direction

Archived