💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Drowning, Not Waving: The Bitter End of Lady Gaga's Career

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

She still does this stuff during ARTPOP and at her shows always let's everyone know they're free to be themselves and express their creativity.

you said she hasn't as the writer said always been about empowering her fans (TF and TFM were about her fame not the fans),

I was pointing out she was in them.

This ain't news. (Reviews, maybe?)

I feel this is more for the 'Gaga Thoughts' section even, but whatever :shrug:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to point out The Monster Ball 'I want you to let go of your insecurities' and 'I want my fans to be themselves' and 'I felt like a freak, I want them to feel like they have a freak they can hang out with', 'not that they have to dress eccentric like me, but dress/be however they want to' during TFM and other interviews and 'The Fame is inside of you', 'it's about your inner sense of fame' and gay community empowerment and acknowledgment during The Fame era.

actually I felt the MB was more, lets say, constant on empowerment subjects, speeches, even its plot, than the BTWB itself, and performances like boys, boys, boys, made her intentions pretty clear, so I agree with ya

Lady Gaga over? Wake the **** up :lmao: ARTPOP was one of the best selling albums of 2013, her tour is selling perfectly, she has tons of fans, her star is shining bright. 

and relevant and irrelevant websites are making articles about every move she makes so stop :rip:

Antidote

I agree with some things tbh....for example I always thought it was a bad decision to dress normally and look like a beautiful Versace doll. I missed CrazyGa.

I feel like Gaga thought the people would take her music seriously as soon as she dresses up like a normal celebrity. But that backfired. The people expect something different from her (and if they don't respect her talent they won't ever either way).

Also I think she became a little bit full of herself, feeling untouchable, and that's why ARTPOP didn't meet my expectations. She should have questioned if songs like Fashion! etc are really album material.....(on the other hand a lot of fans here on GGD love ARTPOP so it's just my opinion I guess).

I don't agree about the GUY video. Yes I wanted something more crazy, but the video doesn't suck at all :smh:

Also, it doesn't really matter if Gaga's career is drowning because she just loves the music not the bling 

:messga:

Haroon

Lady Gaga drowning? :lmao:

Okay it's her least successful album era, but that doesn't mean she's flopped to the umpteenth degree at all :laughga: She's got so much more to give and she's going to have music in the future, so I don't know why people ever say she's "over" :confused: Nobody knows what she's going to do in the future, or what she's going to release, or how she's going to release it, or what she's going to perform, or how she's going to perform it - so to say that she's lost everything that made people love her is a ridiculous statement :smh:

I really don't see why people feel the need to label anyone as "over" or "done" or whatever just because they've had a not-so-amazingly-successful album :huh: You don't fall into being nothing due to 1 album

I feel this is more for the 'Gaga Thoughts' section even, but whatever :shrug:

Or maybe we should make a new section, "Random Haters". So much stuff could go in there.

MelbHawker

:toofunny: 

ARTPOP went #1.. GUY's been received well, the ARTrave is going to be HUGE, Act 2's on the way, Tony Bennett Album's coming up.

People are so f*cking stupid.

Kermit the frog

The problem with ARTPOP is that when things are about everything, they are practically about nothing. No clear direction with this album, it's artificially inflated baloon. She's tried to pack WAY too many things in this concept and it turned out to be a one huge mess. She's not creating new things like during TF/TFM era, she's just recreating. And the mediocre music doesn't even back it up.

However, you have to be delusional to think that Gaga is anywhere near being "over" :smh: 

Sara, if you're reading this, please refrain from giving me warning points for "being negative" again. Yours truly, Kermit :)

Magneto

Wow, I can't believe I actually let this article offend me! It's not that I think highly of this article nor the writer; it's just very painful when you realive that there are people who actually buy this bull****!!

Free my mind

Kermit the frog

One thing led to all of this - ARTPOP. The very title ARTPOP. That's all.

Exactly. A different title would make a world of difference. She's never been able to coherently explain why she named this album like that. "My ARTPOP could mean anything" - too bad it means nothing instead.

Mama Ru
Or maybe we should make a new section, "Random Haters". So much stuff could go in there.
Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Jenniferella

Exactly. A different title would make a world of difference. She's never been able to coherently explain why she named this album like that. "My ARTPOP could mean anything" - too bad it means nothing instead.

Exactly ! It's just...her worst idea. It sounds pretentious and the music really is just pop music, there's nothing artsy in it. And let's not talk about her "explanations" for her latest works.

Anyway, this article is kind of harsh at some points but overall I agree with a lot of the writer's statements.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Archived