Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Hair chart #12?

Flu Symptom

Featured Posts

MaybeKermit
14 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:

Dope at #8 says hi

but Dop wase #8 because of streams right? I remember there was a youtube ad of the Youtube Video Awards performance before every video, and that's how it gained a lot of streams (well that was Paws Down Little Monsters' explanation lol)

ArtGagaPop

Because 2011 was a easier time for anyone with a big fanbase to debut high with a new song. Sales had much more impact back then and streaming was less important(don't counted towards offical charts at all?). Teog also debuted at number 3 as a promo single which become it's peak even before it was made a offical single(after debut week it "only" managed to climb back to number 6 and stayed there for much of the summer). 

Gaga is still strong in pure sales and first week numbers but since streaming have took over since 2011 and she is less popular there, although her spotify grew alot with MR+The cure. So that's why she strugles to debut to these high numbers nowdays. 

30 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

but Dop wase #8 because of streams right? I remember there was a youtube ad of the Youtube Video Awards performance before every video, and that's how it gained a lot of streams (well that was Paws Down Little Monsters' explanation lol)

Also this is all true. If DWUW had been peformed instead and used as a add it could possible hit top 5 instead the 13 peak we got :cryga:

Benji
52 minutes ago, PerfectIllusion said:

Dope at #8 says hi

That was because they used a really broken rule regarding streaming though.  I don't like to discredit Gaga but Dope hitting #8 was because of YouTube counting the live stream and then the way it forced people to watch it long enough to count as a stream :air:

FfFfFfFF
40 minutes ago, Benji said:

That was because they used a really broken rule regarding streaming though.  I don't like to discredit Gaga but Dope hitting #8 was because of YouTube counting the live stream and then the way it forced people to watch it long enough to count as a stream :air:

On the other hand Gaga is the one that made YouTube a thing in 2009. :classy: 

The real question is

How Speechless went #92... and not even released as a promo single :usrs:n kidding but yeah

Promo singles were huge back then... sales were everything about charts so...

If it was today, Gaga would probably still having a "better" chartrun since she still selling "A lot" on digital... but streams....

Spoiler

and radios... damn radios :laughga: 

Archived