Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Is the Gaga hate a trend or a consequence?

tokyodisko

What do you thinkkkk?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Trend vs Repercussions

• Trend
    • Repercussions/consequences

Featured Posts

tokyodisko

Riiight, like those b---hy interviews from the TF days or the one from the Barbara Walter's Special/ TFM era where she took off her glasses "just for Barbara".

Or all the weird interviews from the BTW era where she explained that those horns in her face were implanted there or she looked like some kind of alien?

Little monsters and their selective memories! :smh:

Yeah, that Walters interview really ruined her career in 2009.  :toofloppy:

In comparison to talking about critics, real fans, and how she is a true artist, no, those pale in comparison.

Coming across as pompous isn't exactly going to do any good. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willy Wonka

I like you a lot. I don't agree with 100% everything you say, but you're bringing up a lot of valid points and saying lots of things that people don't like to hear. I like it.

Whispering

Yeah, we are in a different time, but if you follow that logic in another four or five years what is next? She doesn't need to jump to doing something that will have bad press to express her point. 

No one knows! There is no way to predict that!

Maybe she hits on a sound that the GP identifies with, maybe she doesn't. If not, she will still be an extremely wealthy, talented woman! Maybe at that point, she will go in a different artistic direction altogether or maybe she will do like she said...make music and play in clubs in NYC and live happily ever after with her hot man!

You might just be way more worried and distraught over all of this, than Gaga is. She's a multi-millionaire, who has respect in the industry. She has a loving, stable family, long time friends and a man who adores her.

Quit worrying so much! She will be fine!

tokyodisko

Maybe she hits on a sound that the GP identifies with, maybe she doesn't. If not, she will still be an extremely wealthy, talented woman! Maybe at that point, she will go in a different artistic direction altogether or maybe she will do like she said...make music and play in clubs in NYC and live happily ever after with her hot man!

You might just be way more worried and distraught over all of this, than Gaga is. She's a multi-millionaire, who has respect in the industry. She has a loving, stable family, long time friends and a man who adores her.

OMGBUTIDONTKNOWIFICANSLEEPIFGAGAFLOPS.

You're the worst troll.  :smh:

I like you a lot. I don't agree with 100% everything you say, but you're bringing up a lot of valid points and saying lots of things that people don't like to hear. I like it.

Well thank you! I don't like to bullshxt and I like to rock the boat. And beds. 

Willy Wonka

Sweetheart, you seem way more stressed and emotionally invested in this than tokyodisko. He was just asking a valid question and debating positions. I think we, as humans, have the ability to a--lyze situations from a critical perspective WHILE still being a fan. Him raising the question doesn't mean that he should stan for someone else. Him raising the question doesn't mean he lies in bed awake at night, pulling out his hair, wondering if Gaga will ever have a #1 again. It means that he wants to critically evaluate the situation. That's about it.

You just seem threatened by his position.

Whispering

The "stan" for someone else thing is so overused and such bull**** in this fan base. I don't understand why anyone would even have to pick one artist to follow. And while you mention Miley, my opinion is that she is more herself than Gaga has been in about a very long time.  :ohwell: I just don't like most of her music. 

Uh, huh. My point exactly. Go stan for her, IF that is so important to you. Or is there someone else who is "real" like Miley  :dies: but with good music? (since gaga doesn't fall under either of these categories for you? :roll: ) Or is there no other artist, anywhere in the world, that fulfills both of these essential requirements for you?

Why are you wasting your time on a site of a person that you don't feel is herself and real and that you feel so negative about?

That's the bigger question, much more so than all these silly questions about what will happen to Gaga in five years?

Sweetheart,

I'm not your sweetheart.

Willy Wonka

Sweetheart, you seem way more stressed and emotionally invested in this than tokyodisko. He was just asking a valid question and debating positions. I think we, as humans, have the ability to a--lyze situations from a critical perspective WHILE still being a fan. Him raising the question doesn't mean that he should stan for someone else. Him raising the question doesn't mean he lies in bed awake at night, pulling out his hair, wondering if Gaga will ever have a #1 again. It means that he wants to critically evaluate the situation. That's about it.

You just seem threatened by his position.

Uh, huh. My point exactly. Go stan for her, IF that is so important to you. Or is there someone else who is "real" like Miley  :dies: but with good music? (since gaga doesn't fall under either of these categories for you? :roll: ) Or is there no other artist, anywhere in the world, that fulfills both of these essential requirements for you?

Why are you wasting your time on a site of a person that you don't feel is herself and real and that you feel so negative about?

That's the bigger question, much more so than all these silly questions about what will happen to Gaga in five years?

My point exactly.

People can maintain critical positions while still being a fan of Gaga. No need to feel threatened.

tokyodisko

Uh, huh. My point exactly. Go stan for her, if that is so important to you. Or is there someone else who is "real" like Miley  :dies: but with good music? (since gaga doesn't fall under either of these categories for you? :roll: ) Or is there no other artist, anywhere in the world, that fulfills both of these essential requirements for you?

Because I like Gaga? lol That's why I am here.

She is a performer, so no, I don't think what she always says is the truth. She's a professional liar.

She manipulates the fans and the crowd and I like it.

My point exactly.

People can maintain critical positions while still being a fan of Gaga. No need to feel threatened.

Right? It's ridiculous how defensive people get over any critical discussions. 

I choose to believe most of those fans are just trolling, because I'm a good person and still have faith that humanity isn't that simple minded.  :toofloppy:

I disagree. Gaga did make some mistakes (maybe not explicit). Her interviews have become too preachy about being a victim, about being a 'real' artist, and overall her attitude is snobby in some ways which tires/annoys ppl. She used to be more friendly, approachable, funny but now it's a lot more, she takes herself too seriously.

I feel like now she's getting back to her cute, funny, approachable self. I definitely agree that she got that way during Born This Way, but I feel like now she's getting back to herself. She's had some of her funniest and cutest interviews this era like WWHL, Alan Carr, and Graham Norton. She got a little pretentious in the Norton interview, but she had way more cute/funny moments.

heavyMetalGAGA

i do think the media just loves to rag on her, but i dont think she's a helpless victim, she's had thicker skin in the past i dont see why now with this album she's acknowledging it ad-nauseaum and getting uber defensive over ARTPOP, an album that's not even that poignant with controversy or taking a stand, aside from aura and swine. 

Don't forget Do What U Want and Applause (both taking a stand against the media and faux love). Even ARTPOP (the song) takes a stand in the sense that it's about her creating something that's coming from a genuine place instead of making music just for the charts or "bling" 

Antidote

A trend I guess.

When I see something about her on the news or when someone talks to me about her after they heard I'm a Gaga fan, it's always something negative....it's about her being ugly or on d--gs and ARTPOP being a flop or about Gaga hiding behind crazy fashion because she can't sing....

That's al they see. Nobody sees how great she is with the fans, how she writes her own music and that she is actually a very talented singer..and to miss all of that you've got to be blind. I fee like they never saw her singing live ever on TV etc. but rumor has it that she can't sing and that's enough to believe it.

Also when they hate on her crazy outfits and the last months I just thought "Umm were are those crazy outfits, she wears classy dresses only at the moment and I miss the crazy outfits" :smh:

I also saw on TV that they were talking about her crazy appearance in the GUY video and in my opinion she is very ladylike and beautiful in the video, the outfits aren't that crazy :awkney:

So yeah people just talk sh*t about her without even watching her video or performances...it's a trend to think she's an annoying untalented person :rip:

djBuffoon

It's a major trend. I wouldn't say it's a consequence because that makes it sound like Gaga did something wrong prior to the album's release to cause people to hate her. If people got tired of her, that's not her fault; she's just doing her thing. And if people got tired of her and continued to down her after, it's a trend, not a consequence.

Exactly. The music is great, she's doing her, and a lot of people (unsurprisingly) don't like it.

Elizabeth

In my opinion, it's kind of both. The media loves to build people up and then knock them down, they do it with all major celebs, some more than others. Whilst I'm not trying to say that Gaga does anything with her music that's completely 'out-there' and obscure (it is still pop music at the end of the day), she does have some fairly significant differences in her music compared to most of her contemporaries which means whilst they're pretty much assured hit after hit, Gaga's songs as a whole are more 'hit and miss'. EG. Bad Romance was a colossal hit, but most people can't deny that when they first heard it they would've thought something along the lines of "this is F*cking weird". Alas it was picked up fairly quickly and became huge, so despite not completely adhering to the safe norms of pop music, it didn't affect her or leave her with any 'weak spots' for the media to pick up on. Hence why until present, any negativity about Gaga in the media would've been based on her outfits or things that she's said rather than her music. However, ARTPOP and the singles from it haven't had that same positive effect from 'risk taking' in terms of pop music and that's just how things go sometimes. ARTPOP is no worse than Gaga's previous albums, just circumstances relating to what radio wants at this time have meant it hasn't gotten the same level of 'acclaim' as her previous works, and this is picked up by the media and intensified by their need for 'scandal' in the tabloids.

I believe Gaga could've very easily put out an album which catered to exactly what radio wants and could've had a string of assured hits, which does in a way mean that the hate towards her is a consequence, but not because of Gaga's inability to create work that is not on par with her previous works as I believe ARTPOP very much is on par with her older works. I also agree with what I said at the start of this post about the media building you up to knock you down, Gaga had been 'on-top' for a long time, so I guess in a way she was 'over-due' for a slew of hate, so to speak, which does also lead it to being a trend. 

djBuffoon

Don't forget Do What U Want and Applause (both taking a stand against the media and faux love). Even ARTPOP (the song) takes a stand in the sense that it's about her creating something that's coming from a genuine place instead of making music just for the charts or "bling"

Correct.

Archived