Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Needs To Leave Interscope Before It Is Too Late

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

Illuminati Freak

You really don't know a lot about Madonna do you? She was with Warner Bros for years and was very unhappy with them and although it seemed like she had full control she didn't always and had to make many compromises. The very fact is she knew how to play the game and kept mostly tight lipped and did what she had to do. Sometimes I think GaGa herself has sabotaged her brand on purpose to spite her label which I think is a very silly and stupid thing to do in the end it's only hurt her not them. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellatrix

honestly Gaga is lucky. i don't care what that article says, but Interscope is better than tons of labels. 

Like literally you guys have no idea if you think interscope is the bottom, and bad.

:tea:

PigInsideAHuman

"That will never translate into success." It already did. We're talking about Lady Gaga, right?

The type of success I'm talking about is different. The solidification as a legend and icon. The complete control of your own art. The Fame and The Fame Monster were Gaga driven records that did well and her label hadn't had time yet to mold her or her career. By Born This Way, the label had control of her, hence her decline starting by the middle of the Born This Way era.

BuzzcutSeason

I agree.  I don't think Interscope tells her what to do, they just support and guide her which is important for an artist like gaga.  They give her complete artistic freedom and then take her art and market it to the masses.   They make it possible for gaga to go on worldwide tours, and make huge production music videos like GUY.  

with her success they need her more than she needs them.

And honestly sometimes i feel gaga was too much creative control sometimes. But only sometimes.

Allison M

The type of success I'm talking about is different. The solidification as a legend and icon. The complete control of your own art. The Fame and The Fame Monster were Gaga driven records that did well and her label hadn't had time yet to mold her or her career. By Born This Way, the label had control of her, hence her decline starting by the middle of the Born This Way era.

i think you have it backwards tbh :duck:

They had more control of her career in the beginning and gave her more freedom as she became more successful. That's how I thought it was. Of course she always had some type of artistic freedom with them. but i think they gave her more as her career went forward.

Dean Winchester

They had more control of her career in the beginning and gave her more freedom as she became more successful. That's how I thought it was. Of course she always had some type of artistic freedom with them. but i think they gave her more as her career went forward.

yeah MTE.  She had the most artistic freedom when creating ARTPOP.  

PigInsideAHuman

Madonna had a label that dictated single choices rip up until Hard Candy.

Then she leaves and does MDNA.

Record labels were completely different.

You really don't know a lot about Madonna do you? She was with Warner Bros for years and was very unhappy with them and although it seemed like she had full control she didn't always and had to make many compromises. The very fact is she knew how to play the game and kept mostly tight lipped and did what she had to do. Sometimes I think GaGa herself has sabotaged her brand on purpose to spite her label which I think is a very silly and stupid thing to do in the end it's only hurt her not them. 

You aren't considering the fact that record labels have completely changed since the 80s and 90s.  Dramatically. Labels gave their artists far more freedom and didn't begin to control their brands until the late 90s when they (ha) wanted artists like Madonna and Michael Jackson to come to fruition, hence why most pop stars are molded after Madonna and Michael. 

She was NEVER in discomfort with her label. They basically built her success, and cared about her when she was injured. She's always been in CONTROL of her career.

When she decided BTW was gonna be the first single of BTW, they didn't even discuss it, when she said JUDAS is my next single, they put it out, all the movies she directed by herself and stuff. They've always been OKAY with everything.

So STFU and go to sleep.

You don't realllly know if that is true. I would say the people that built Gaga's success was Gaga herself, and the ten of fifteen people around her that knew what they were doing. Ever since those people have gone they have been replaced with industry types.

I agree.  I don't think Interscope tells her what to do, they just support and guide her which is important for an artist like gaga.  They give her complete artistic freedom and then take her art and market it to the masses.   They make it possible for gaga to go on worldwide tours, and make huge production music videos like GUY.  

Which is something any label would do? Ironically, it's the GUY video where she shows her distaste and anger at the music industry. You think Gaga put herself breaking a bottle over a music executive's head because she was happy with her label?

GreenEyes

Interscope is a good label I don't care what anyone says. She likes interscope as well.

Better than Kesha's label :roll:

FameHungry

Do you really think Gaga would leave Interscope to get more successful? :awkney:

She said in her keynote interview at SXSW that she just wants to do what she wants, even if it means that she would have to go back to singing in bars in New York. So success doesn't seem like her number 1 prio

Maleficent

She's at the point where she could start her own label (with a partner perhaps) tbh

PigInsideAHuman

This is ignoring the fact that The Fame and The Fame Monster were written before the label had any idea how successful Gaga would be. They had no clue that she would get that big. Once she did, they put an eye on her. 

PigInsideAHuman

It actually kind of disturbs me that this fanbase has that little faith in Gaga. She's a damn good musician, songwriter, artist, director, vocalist, and as of recently producer. She as of recently despite objections from people in control has promoted the **** out of herself back into good eyes with media. 

You don't think she would be good at having control?

Archived