💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Needs To Leave Interscope Before It Is Too Late

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

PigInsideAHuman

This article is actually about Beyonce and Madonna, and how they became powerful brands. It talks about how Beyonce wants to be like Madonna and have complete control of her career. And I think it says alot in regards to what Gaga needs to be doing....leave Interscope. I understand some people feel interscope has been really great to her, and that's fine....but that will never translate into success. It just won't. The reason Madonna and Beyonce have reached that level, that tip top, is because they took complete control of everything. Complete control. And as far as I'm concerned, Gaga's distaste for the industry is growing more and more. It started with the wink in Applause, the subtle remarks in Do What U Want, and the full out aggression in the G.U.Y. video. 

Basically we know Gaga is twittling her thumbs waiting for the day her contract is up.

But what is more important is the fact that Gaga started out by signing a 5 record contract with Interscope. 5 albums. In the beginning of her career, just having been dropped by Def Jam, Gaga didn't know the success she would reach so she just stuck with it. She probably didn't think she would ever get to where she is at.

And it just goes to prove why she is flopppppppingggggg.

Gaga is beginning to flop because there is a very intense disconnect between her and her label. It creates a huge rift....the constant presence of a hovering business man never leads to great artwork. And Gaga shouldn't be living in fear or regret because she is signed to a label. Basically, the fact that she peaked faster than expected, faster than Madonna and Beyonce shows that Gaga also needs to leave her label quicker than she expected. She gave them 4 albums. 4 solid albums. Perhaps this is why she wants an Act 2? Who knows. Maybe she wants that to count towards a record so she can get to the good stuff at album 6. 

But IMO, now is the good time to drop the label. Have G.U.Y. and maybe a final single drop, go on tour, and end the relationship. It's high time that Gaga started to brand herself the way she wants to. Because I feel like there is a strong possibility we have missed out on alot recently because the label is pressuring her. 

And besides that....it should be every artist's goal to become independent. Complete control and independence lead to their true rise. The best years of Madonna's career were when she had complete control of her career. The famous cone bra, Vogue, Ray of Light, Evita, where Madonna driven missions after she took control of her career.

Beyonce's latest success was on her own accord, and it was her best album and biggest album to date, compared to her last album "4" that was driven by her label.

Read the article and it gives a few paragraphs about why this was necessary for Beyonce, and why it is becoming increasingly (and obviously) necessary for Gaga's future. 

http://qz.com/193390/theres-one-huge-difference-between-beyonce-and-madonna/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife

"That will never translate into success." It already did. We're talking about Lady Gaga, right?

BuzzcutSeason

honestly Gaga is lucky. i don't care what that article says, but Interscope is better than tons of labels. 

Like literally you guys have no idea if you think interscope is the bottom, and bad.

Robotboy

honestly Gaga is lucky. i don't care what that article says, but Interscope is better than tons of labels. 

Like literally you guys have no idea if you think interscope is the bottom, and bad.

this, alltho they are not good with radio deals etc.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

The reason Madonna and Beyonce have reached that level, that tip top, is because they took complete control of everything. Complete control.

Madonna had a label that dictated single choices rip up until Hard Candy.

Then she leaves and does MDNA.

Dean Winchester

I agree.  I don't think Interscope tells her what to do, they just support and guide her which is important for an artist like gaga.  They give her complete artistic freedom and then take her art and market it to the masses.   They make it possible for gaga to go on worldwide tours, and make huge production music videos like GUY.  

Allison M

How many times has she said that Interscope is not a problem and that they have been very supportive and "100% behind ARTPOP" ?

They seem to be good for her. Honestly, I don't think Gaga can do this all herself. And i don't want for her too. I think she would be overwhelmed. Interscope does more than we are aware of.

Ursula Buffay

She was NEVER in discomfort with her label. They basically built her success, and cared about her when she was injured. She's always been in CONTROL of her career.

When she decided BTW was gonna be the first single of BTW, they didn't even discuss it, when she said JUDAS is my next single, they put it out, all the movies she directed by herself and stuff. They've always been OKAY with everything.

So STFU and go to sleep.

chrismugler

Gaga will leave Interscope after 3 or 4 more albums, that's for sure! :queenga:

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

Bellatrix

Do you really think Gaga would leave Interscope to get more successful? :awkney:

She said in her keynote interview at SXSW that she just wants to do what she wants, even if it means that she would have to go back to singing in bars in New York. So success doesn't seem like her number 1 prio

PdogtheDaibutsu

this, alltho they are not good with radio deals etc.

Interscope needs to hire some of those promoters from Capitol records rofl

Archived