💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

absynthetic

Bey also has half of Rihs albums so you can't really compare. Bey takes breaks. Rih has 5 songs out every year.

Beyonce is on single #4 and the year is only 1/3 of the way finished

Please, proceed 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chris777

Applause was a moderate smash in the USA but was a hit globally

DWUW flopped

What else do we have?

I think otherwise 

Applause was hit in the US, Moderate hit WW

I wouldn't call DWUW a flop neither a hit

Katy is not more of an album sales than Gaga. You can't compare just the numbers of the albums because their singles didn't have the same succees. ARTPOP has only 2M WW sales but it only had a hit, a moderate hit with no video and a flop while Prism had 2 of the biggest digital sales of the year that were also chart toppers, two moderate hits with a video and more than 550M AI only in the US. Prism is around 3M+ WW I think. Sorry but the a--logy is pretty bad. ARTPOP album sales are expected, they are very bad for Gaga but they match the single success. No Katy is no album artist. Her singles are just that huge that her album is selling relatively well but for her success it's pretty bad.

I think that it has more to do with the countries your popular in for a pop girl.

The US, Australia, Canada, South Korea are markets where single sales are a lot higher than album sales. This is where Katy's most popular.

Japan and markets like Brazil, Poland, Argentina, Taiwan are markets where single sales are lower than or about the same as album sales. This is where Gaga's very big.

In between are the European countries, where singles sell a bit better than albums; yet it's a lot harder to sell singles here. Gaga's a bit popular here too, at least, she was with the Born This Way and The Fame (Monster) era which explained the huge sales compared to the Teenage Dream era, which didn't do as well here.

Katy doesn't have the markets where albums sell much better than singles, like Japan, Brazil and Russia. Gaga does, which makes her album sales a lot more impressive. Katy's more popular in singles-oriented areas (Anglophone countries).

absynthetic

I think otherwise 

I wouldn't call DWUW a flop neither a hit

Yeah now that you see some of it's peaks only being Top 20 WW isn't that great

How sad

:ohno:

TEANUS

I'll give credit where it's due

Rihanna (WW): Estimates

Music of the Sun - 1m

A Girl Like Me - 3m

Good Girl Gone Bad - 7m

Rated R - 3m

Loud - 5.7m

Talk That Talk - 4.5m

Unapologetic - 3m

Beyonce (WW): Estimates

Dangerously In Love - 11m

B Day - 8m

I am Sasha Fierce - 7m

4 - 3m

Beyonce - 3m

Which one is more consistent? Rihanna

Rihanna's outsold some of Beyonce's albums, and even sold as much as Beyonce's peak arguably with Single Ladies (in terms of Singles)

Rihanna also sells more singles

Her album sales aren't bad at all

Ummm, Beyonce has been out for 5 months......Unapologetic, 18 months. I think Bey's doing pretty good for herself :awkney:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

VforVendetta

I think otherwise

I wouldn't call DWUW a flop neither a hit

This. :rip:

GagaMyBlood95

Is it true that Zedd produced Problem? **** :deadbanana:

I guess Gag will need to drop the heavy EDM for her next album if she wants a hit again

Yup, EDM is gone (mostly) at least for now...

absynthetic

Ummm, Beyonce has been out for 5 months......Unapologetic, 18 months. I think Bey's doing pretty good for herself :awkney:

Yeah and Beyonce's already selling less than 30k WW, while Rihanna was pulling 60k+

This just shows you how awful her marketing strategy was 

:awkney:

VforVendetta

I think that it has more to do with the countries your popular in for a pop girl.

The US, Australia, Canada, South Korea are markets where single sales are a lot higher than album sales. This is where Katy's most popular.

Japan and markets like Brazil, Poland, Argentina, Taiwan are markets where single sales are lower than or about the same as album sales. This is where Gaga's very big.

In between are the European countries, where singles sell a bit better than albums; yet it's a lot harder to sell singles here. Gaga's a bit popular here too, at least, she was with the Born This Way and The Fame (Monster) era which explained the huge sales compared to the Teenage Dream era, which didn't do as well here.

Katy doesn't have the markets where albums sell much better than singles, like Japan, Brazil and Russia. Gaga does, which makes her album sales a lot more impressive. Katy's more popular in singles-oriented areas (Anglophone countries).

I see your point but don't go things that far. Its simple. Roar and Dark Horse are WW smashes of the digital age that slayed in both sales, airplay and streaming. The album had also 2 radio hits that were moderate hits WW (IF BD doesn't become a hit). The album has only sold 3M WW and will probably end up around 4M+. It is just bad, we need to learn to give credit where it should be given.

chris777

DWUW was on its way to be bigger than Applause (at least WW). bad timing for such amazing single/song

I see your point but don't go things that far. Its simple. Roar and Dark Horse are WW smashes of the digital age that slayed in both sales, airplay and streaming. The album had also 2 radio hits that were moderate hits WW (IF BD doesn't become a hit). The album has only sold 3M WW and will probably end up around 4M+. It is just bad, we need to learn to give credit where it should be given.

4M can't be considered bad in any case :awkney: unless she was doing TF+TFM kind of slayage, then 4M would be bad. 2 smashes and 4M sales is completely normal :dies:

OBEY

when u look it like that :rip: :rip: 

Better picture

The Fame - 10M

The Fame Monster EP - 6M

Born This Way - 7M

ARTPOP - 2.3M :hehe:

even gaga must be like :rip:

TEANUS

Yeah and Beyonce's already selling less than 30k WW, while Rihanna was pulling 60k+

This just shows you how awful her marketing strategy was 

:awkney:

Rihanna had Stay was slaying at this time though, Beyonce though.......50. Partition and 200 something. Pretty Hurts so.....

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

hausofmike

Beyonce is on single #4 and the year is only 1/3 of the way finished

Please, proceed

She put 2 out at the same time to see what would take off. Gaga should have done that.

She didn't bother to promote Partition.

And Rihanna usually is at this point too with her albums so I don't get why you are defending Rih.

OBEY

DWUW was on its way to be bigger than Applause (at least WW). bad timing for such amazing single/song

the missed opportunity :giveup:

Archived