💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

PlanetChromatica

What the hell are interscope playing at? ARTPOP was in the top 20 when it was discounted at $6.99 and now it's back at full price and dropping back to 300 something. Do they have no brains?  :smh:  :shrug:  :giveup:

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell are interscope playing at? ARTPOP was in the top 20 when it was discounted at $6.99 and now it's back at full price and dropping back to 300 something. Do they have no brains?  :smh:  :shrug:  :giveup:

ARTPOP was like #50 discounted when the new-buyers effect started tbh. I guess it's just marketing to only discount an album for a few days a month. I bet they're earning just as much money.

Probably focusing on:

Imagine Dragons' sudden surge in popularity as well as huge profits in the rock sector

Ultraviolence promotion and getting the ball rolling on that

Fergie's upcoming album

Madonna's upcoming album

One Republic's touring

Phillip Phillip's new album

Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album promotion

Eminem's mini tour

I mean the list can go on and on

The era hasn't promised them the cash they need and at this point more profitable acts are becoming their focus

It's business :ohwell:

YeehawKylie

The normal price is too high. I can see them advertising $14.99 as the full price to make a "half off" discount sell, but to continue to mark the album that expensively is just absurd. Especially when it's not selling well. They need to evaluate whether they make and sell more on discount or if they sell enough full price to offset the discount. If the discount makes them more money than the full price, then keep the discount. It's not rocket science. 

The normal price is too high. I can see them advertising $14.99 as the full price to make a "half off" discount sell, but to continue to mark the album that expensively is just absurd. Especially when it's not selling well. They need to evaluate whether they make and sell more on discount or if they sell enough full price to offset the discount. If the discount makes them more money than the full price, then keep the discount. It's not rocket science. 

I don't think it is making them a larger profit with the discount, which is the issue.

Probably focusing on:

Imagine Dragons' sudden surge in popularity as well as huge profits in the rock sector

Ultraviolence promotion and getting the ball rolling on that

Fergie's upcoming album

Madonna's upcoming album

One Republic's touring

Phillip Phillip's new album

Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album promotion

Eminem's mini tour

I mean the list can go on and on

The era hasn't promised them the cash they need and at this point more profitable acts are becoming their focus

It's business :ohwell:

20 ARTPOP Ball dates is just as profitable as a 7M-selling single for them :ohwell: even more profitable, considering Interscope need to pay tons to indies, promotion, studio time, producers and writers..

YeehawKylie

I don't think it is making them a larger profit with the discount, which is the issue.

I'm not saying it is, I'm not crunching numbers. But if the discount at half price sells 4,000 units in a week and the regular price sells 1,000 then half price, they should take that into consideration. In the end, I don't think Gaga's given up on this era...but I think she's rolling with how its going: focusing on her tour (which is clearly selling) and reveling in being "underground". 

I mean, in all honesty, Gaga could've continued down her TF and TFM route and done more commercial friendly songs, but she clearly didn't want to be a normal pop star...she wanted to blur the lines a little and perhaps she enjoys this underground artsy enclave she's made for herself. 

20 ARTPOP Ball dates is just as profitable as a 7M-selling single for them :ohwell: even more profitable, considering Interscope need to pay tons to indies, promotion, studio time, producers and writers..

Yeah, but a 3m+ selling album that they really didn't need too much promo for, the 7m+ selling single paired with the 2m+ selling album of Imagine Dragons

Phillip Phillips with a 1m+ seller (album), 5m+ selling single, and they released a new single around the same time as G.U.Y. (which has outsold it atm), and the promo is going to start soon for that

:ohwell:

Touring is a LOT more expensive than making an album, and that's a sheer fact

Mariano

A discount is not something that happens in 4 days and then has 0 effect.   A discount can also be a really great tool to make people aware of the product (album) ..  Yes now the album will fall to 250 but it will still be higher for a few days than it was prior to the discount...  which is still marketing.. 

There is a moment for everything. They made a lot of mistakes this era but discounting the album for 5 days only is not one of em :rip:  There is a moment when the album should be pushed, and when they should just leave it like that..  And some of you always forget that these people don't think just about today, they have plans, plans that we don't know..

YAAAAAAAAAASSS Beyoncé new single is Pretty Hurts! :)

I wanted MINE or they should at least release it to urban... 

I'm not saying it is, I'm not crunching numbers. But if the discount at half price sells 4,000 units in a week and the regular price sells 1,000 then half price, they should take that into consideration. In the end, I don't think Gaga's given up on this era...but I think she's rolling with how its going: focusing on her tour (which is clearly selling) and reveling in being "underground". 

I mean, in all honesty, Gaga could've continued down her TF and TFM route and done more commercial friendly songs, but she clearly didn't want to be a normal pop star...she wanted to blur the lines a little and perhaps she enjoys this underground artsy enclave she's made for herself. 

They don't care for how many COPIES it sells, they care for which amount makes them a larger profit.

The album on average has sold 2,000 copies a week with no discount.

With the standard price of 14.99, that's $29,980/week

With a price of 6.99 selling 4000 copies, that's $27,960/week

Why would they lose over $2,000/week for a certification?

They don't care for how many COPIES it sells, they care for which amount makes them a larger profit.

The album on average has sold 2,000 copies a week with no discount.

With the standard price of 14.99, that's $29,980/week

With a price of 6.99 selling 4000 copies, that's $27,960/week

Why would they lose over $2,000/week for a certification?

It was discounted for only a couple days that week. That's not a good comparison.

It was discounted for only a couple days that week. That's not a good comparison.

Same for this one though

Discounts don't last forever

Digital album sales are also falling anyways

Singles sales should be the primary focus as they're the most profitable for now

Archived