General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

30 OneRepublic - Love Runs Out 0.1816 0.1704 0.1571 0.1559 0.1431 0.1346

One Republic's fourth single enters to top 30 easily but G.U.Y. can't?

It isn't really a fourth single. It is a new song that isn't on their current album. That means fans and people who have bought their album do not have this song.

LRO will officially be the second track on a re-release of Native. The album is re-released with a new artwork and minor changes to the track listing

Also, remember the third single was the biggest hit, BY FAR, of the album. Love Runs Out is being released after Counting Stars, one of the biggest songs of the year.

Stefani328

Yeah me too but that doesn't change my opinion

That song is the most generic song that I've ever heard and I still hope that it flops

And I hope Katy comes back with better songs 

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

Just take a look at the Top 10. A lot of artists today don't make music because they love to or even for the quality. They make it to rack up on microwavable hits especially in the pop and rap genres.

Whispering

Why won't the radio play it?!

They are playing it. Do you know how to read a daily/weekly update?

Petros Bad Kid

why do we always have to compare katy perry to gaga? their music is completely different!

judaslmonster

OMG I'm so happy ! I knew G.U.Y would become a hit in france. It's #99, it was 145 yesterday, + we hear the song on the biggest radio stations ! :)

Blues Clues

why do we always have to compare katy perry to gaga? their music is completely different!

Gaga stans always bring her up out of nowhere. Jealousy I guess.

Anyhow, looks like Lana is Interscope's main cash cow now. Rise G.U.Y. rise this is the beginning!

ibn8rb22XsnrH.gif

Snowyrain

Can't wait for next update

I hope Lana doesn't fall  :ohno:

All these new monsters tho  :pawsup:

G.U.Y. ha power  :pawsup:  

Blues Clues

I don't know how anyone of you can support Lana when she clearly ain't here for Gaga (even has a diss song about it) + has the stage presence of a potato and the live vocals of someone who'd struggle making the local high school choir.

Anyhow, Gypsy would have been top 500 on iTunes by now, JUST SAYING.

ibn8rb22XsnrH.gif

Whispering

That's what we always say :toofunny:

I hope next album era she's more active and they plan the tour away from awards and any events that could serve as promo. This era we got no Grammys again, no EMAs, she won't be able to go to Billboard Awards....I definitely miss the times where she was everywhere and gave us those kickass performances.

Actually, fans biitch if she promotes anything on social media. She's "hyping things" and "shouldn't do that". They constantly contradict themselves over what they want from Gaga.

The problem with the Grammys had nothing to do with a scheduling problem, she wasn't nominated- pure and simple.

An artist can't plan their tour schedule around every awards show, every year. There comes a point in every era, for the big touring names, that they have to set time aside for a tour. By the third or fourth single, most artists are busy on tours.

The tour complaints are just another thing fans contradict themselves over! It is"Add more dates" but "Be available for every awards show WE decide you should be at". Just recently, fans were whining about how late the BTWB started, because of all the promo she did.  :grr:   If "ONLY she hadn't have started so late", iher U.S. leg of her tour would have sold better and it wouldn't have messed up the ARTPOP era.  :huh:   Did that makes any sense? NO! Neither does arranging your tour around the Billboard Awards, especially when you know you aren't going to get nominated in any of the major categories anyhow!

Actually, fans biitch if she promotes anything on social media. She's "hyping things" and "shouldn't do that". They constantly contradict themselves over what they want from Gaga.

The problem with the Grammys had nothing to do with a scheduling problem, she wasn't nominated- pure and simple.

An artist can't plan their tour schedule around every awards show, every year. There comes a point in every era, for the big touring names, that they have to set time aside for a tour. By the third or fourth single, most artists are busy on tours.

The tour complaints are just another thing fans contradict themselves over! It is"Add more dates" but "Be available for every awards show WE decide you should be at". Just recently, fans were whining about how late the BTWB started, because of all the promo she did.  :grr:   If "ONLY she hadn't of done that", it wouldn't had messed up everything for her U.S. leg of her tour and it wouldn't have messed up the ARTPOP era. Did that makes any sense? NO! Neither does arranging your tour around the Billboard Awards, especially when you know you aren't going to get nominated in any of the major categories anyhow!

I know but Gaga seems to miss a lot of award shows compared to someone like Katy (yes, I brought her up again :rip: )

Gypsy Life

I don't know how anyone of you can support Lana when she clearly ain't here for Gaga (even has a diss song about it) + has the stage presence of a potato and the live vocals of someone who'd struggle making the local high school choir.

Anyhow, Gypsy would have been top 500 on iTunes by now, JUST SAYING.

ibn8rb22XsnrH.gif

Not even one lie spotted in the whole post.

judaslmonster

So now the important thing is not music ? She deserves it because of her promo ? That's your excuse to satisfy yourself ? 

How pity. An ARTPOP-radio sized mess 

inn7gwtRlXcv.gif

Oh, and I know we are on a chart topic, but I agree with that. Sales are nothing, they don't make talent. But idk, I like to see her in a good position in the carts.

Archived