Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - list of artists w/ most #1 hits

Mills

Featured Posts

Dean Winchester

It's not so difficult to market songs that are already targeted to the average radio listener like Katy's songs. Gaga doesn't really do that anymore because of her ridiculous lyrics. Applause worked because it was a lead single, but it still didn't achieve the success of her more successful lead singles. Venus could have probably been a hit if the GP-friendly chorus was built around a song that didn't have lyrics about garden panties in the verses. G.U.Y.'s lyrics are just stupid to a non-fan. Gypsy could probably do okay, but the "I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm a gypsy gypsy gypsy" part is a huge turnoff to the average listener. Aura is an absolute earache to a the casual listener, not even close to a hit single. There's just nothing left.

True.  But all those reasons were why the public fell in love with her in the first place when she was first starting out.  LIke the weird/ridiculous lyrics such "Cuz im bluffin with my muffin" and her now classic overly repetitive hooks like "p-p-p-pokerface p-p-pokerface" from Pokerface.  The point im tryin to make is that the same reasons they loved her for, are the same reasons they hate her for now, which is really ironic  :toofunny: Thus, i think it has less to do with the actual music, but more to do with her image, personality, and of course marketing.  The songs being not-radio friendly could be a reason, however all the singles from ARTPOP so far have been pretty radio-friendly compared to her past singles.  I'd have to say that this era probably has the best single choices out of all her eras.  Applause, DWUW, GUY, they are all radio friendly and they may have weird elements to them but that's what makes it gaga and i feel like the public knows that by now.  I doubt it matters what kind of music she put out after the BTW era, she was doomed either way.  If she put out PRISM, it would perform the same or worse as ARTPOP's doing right now.  

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Professor

I down-voted Dark Horse and it said my vote has officially removed this song from the top 15  :lmao:

Valextra

Italy has always 'stan' for Gaga, but I don't understand why this time radios don't pass her, in our most important radio where Applause and DWUW were even 1 in the airplay, GUY it's not on the top50  :noparty:

At this point I don't blame nothing, I still think that GUY has potential and it's a good single, but I am ready for new things-project, I think that this era is almost over especially for sales-chart, a fourth single I think will have the same result.

Gypsy Life

I don't like West Coast :awkney: stopped it after the first chorus :awkney:

Good decision. I listened to it in full and my ears are bleeding.

Valextra

“Mary Jane Holland†is the highest charting Lady Gaga song in Egypt, at #38.

:huh:

Slé  :ohwell:

Mariano

I don't like West Coast :awkney: stopped it after the first chorus :awkney:

listen to it again, it grows fast. It's just too complex to click with you at the first listen..

“Mary Jane Holland†is the highest charting Lady Gaga song in Egypt, at #38.

RELEASE that Smash Video filmed in the bigest Pyramid smoking POT with them dead pharaohs :legend: 

MUMMY RETURNS after smoking POT  :legend:

Italy has always 'stan' for Gaga, but I don't understand why this time radios don't pass her, in our most important radio where Applause and DWUW were even 1 in the airplay, GUY it's not on the top50  :noparty:

At this point I don't blame nothing, I still think that GUY has potential and it's a good single, but I am ready for new things-project, I think that this era is almost over especially for sales-chart, a fourth single I think will have the same result.

Your avi slays :worship2: Sam <3

listen to it again, it grows fast. It's just too complex to click with you at the first listen..

Maybe I'll will but I'm really not interested.

Good decision. I listened to it in full and my ears are bleeding.

:lmao: When it began I must have had a stupid expression on my face. Hate on first listen tbh

MonsterOfSpain

At least "G.U.Y." will make the legendary "Marry the Night" look like a big hit. :legend:

:emo:  The good sis G.U.Y. sacrificing herself for her sis MTN  :emo:

OBEY

what the Paramore song is in the top 10 of itunes :smh: that was like ages ago released inb4 we see GUY in the top 10 of itunes this time next year :deadbanana:

paramore :legend: aint it funnn :music:

Summer by Calvin Harris is #3 on itunes canada. i don't see why G.U.Y. would not smash tbh

if only radios would play it :giveup:

Creyk

paramore :legend: aint it funnn :music:

Summer by Calvin Harris is #3 on itunes canada. i don't see why G.U.Y. would not smash tbh

if only radios would play it :giveup:

It's gonna do really great we just need to give it time

(And Gaga could perform it somewhere. Too classy for IKEA now or what? :teehee:)

OBEY

It's gonna do really great we just need to give it time

(And Gaga could perform it somewhere. Too classy for IKEA now or what? :teehee:)

:lmao:

birthday got 5 spins on virgin toronto, THE biggest radio station in the biggest city in canada.

G.U.Y.? i won't even tell :ohwell:

:lmao:

birthday got 5 spins on virgin toronto, THE biggest radio station in the biggest city in canada.

G.U.Y.? i won't even tell :ohwell:

Let me guess. 0?

Archived